Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: DC, give me Superman. I would write it for free, the wailing opinions of others mean nothing to me, and letting Scott Lobdell and George Perez write it (and that's just recently) makes clear you're not interested in proven quality of writing.

Free. Think about it.
    LOL Nicely said!
    I'd write Superman for free too.
    Got so many ideas...

Seriously, seriously appreciated man. Reminds me, Superlad93, Flash Gordon, and a couple others along with me, are in the beginning stages of putting together a little "What we'd do if we could reboot Superman" pitch (figure we'll each write our own, and work it out from there), and Superlad and I both brought you up specifically as somebody we'd want in. Sound like something you'd be interested in?

And with all the comments about a proper Superman editor perhaps being the most important part of the equation: Steve Wacker. The dude who oversaw Hawkeye and Daredevil, among other projects, is a dude I'd be cool with being the Superman headman. Or Mark Chiarello, who was responsible for Batman Black and White, Solo and Wednesday Comics, among other projects. He's a guy who's willing to let creators run loose.
    Thanks man, I'd love to dive in. Send me a pm and let me know what the details are, if we're trying to keep in within continuity or just free-range, or what. I cant promise a quick response but to collaborate with you guys? Hell yeah.

As for Steve Wacker, you know I never thought of him, but yes. I'd be all over that. He seems like someone the traditionalist fans absolutely hate and he's not afraid to make them mad and try new things. Superior Spider-Man was one of the best friggin comics of the year, and he green lit that. If he werent off to bigger and better things at Marvel's animation department I'd totally like to see him at DC.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks man, I'd love to dive in. Send me a pm and let me know what the details are, if we're trying to keep in within continuity or just free-range, or what. I cant promise a quick response but to collaborate with you guys? Hell yeah.

As for Steve Wacker, you know I never thought of him, but yes. I'd be all over that. He seems like someone the traditionalist fans absolutely hate and he's not afraid to make them mad and try new things. Superior Spider-Man was one of the best friggin comics of the year, and he green lit that. If he werent off to bigger and better things at Marvel's animation department I'd totally like to see him at DC.
    I think it'd be a great idea for us all to collaborate on a massive pitch. Kind of like our own SUPERMAN 2000.

Maybe map out a few years of stuff.

Shoot me a PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think it'd be a great idea for us all to collaborate on a massive pitch. Kind of like our own SUPERMAN 2000.

Maybe map out a few years of stuff.

Shoot me a PM.
    Yeah, do you remember that discussion with Superlad93 and me that started this back in the old forum? Right now it's you, me, Superlad93, Ascended and Myskin.
    Buh-bye

Yeah, do you remember that discussion with Superlad93 and me that started this back in the old forum? Right now it's you, me, Superlad93, Ascended and Myskin.
    I do. I'd love to get into that again.

I do. I'd love to get into that again.
    Cool. We're each putting together our own take/proposal to pitch, and I guess we'll start hammering things out from there. Whatever the case, let's stick to PM now, so as not to derail this thread further.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Well, just to get in-topic, and if I should really have to choose one name for a Superman dream-project (the keyword is "dream")....
    I have already talked about the writers, but as far as the art is concerned, I would really, REALLY like a GN painted by Bill Sienkiewicz (the one from Elektra Assassin). I have never seen this kind of elaborate, eerie art on a Superman series, and this is the alternative take I always look for.
    Sienkiewicz's Luthor:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QSOFK-Jrer...1600/sink1.jpg
    Supes:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pJya51PHOh...kiewicz_cv.jpg

I'd love to see JH Williams take a crack at Superman.

I'd love to see JH Williams take a crack at Superman.
    Well, it was back when he was just JH Williams III as opposed to JH WILLIAMS III--in other words, before he started on Promethea and began showing off what he could really do--but...

Buh-bye

Fantastic Member

I have to go with Jonathan Hickman.

I've loved his Avengers and New Avengers work, and I've just finished Infinity, and I thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

That's the kind of scope I'd like to see in a Superman story.

Action Comics: Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato
    Superman: Geoff Johns, Jesus Saiz, and Javier Pina

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will J. View Post
    I have to go with Jonathan Hickman.

I've loved his Avengers and New Avengers work, and I've just finished Infinity, and I thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

That's the kind of scope I'd like to see in a Superman story.
    God no, I'd rather read my college textbooks than Hickman's Avengers.