Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I quite liked it! It looked better than any previous XMA trailer so far! It's not as full of doom and gloom as the previous ones and there was some lighthearted banter mixed in! I know some people seem to hate the idea of having jokes or anything fun in superhero movies and seem to want them to be all serious for whatever reason but that's certainly not my cup of tea. I like my superhero movies fun! This is comic books and superheroes we're talking about, not some dark biopic! Sure, some times MCU takes it a step too far with their jokeyness and X-Men definitely need to be more serious than them considering the original comics and their theme but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have any fun in them! We should see X-Men crack jokes and spending some down time occasionally so that we can relate to them and see them as humans and not some cardboard cutouts!

But I digress. So yeah, I liked this one a lot! Especially since it looks like it'll be more heavily inspired by the original comics than any previous X-Men movie! I mean, we have actual X-Men (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, etc.) in prominent roles! And they are acting as X-Men (well, most of them are anyways)! That is huge! And they also confirm the obvious and outright state that Quicksilver is Mags' son ans even hint at Nightcrawler being Mystique (and Azazel's?) kid! That's great! And Mystique is wearing a uniform that reminds me of her comics outfit! It really seems that this movie will follow the comics more accurately than any previous x-flick both in storytelling and visual aspects! That makes me so happy! I've been waiting to see the X-Men from the comics whom I fell in love with on the big screen and now it looks like that'll finally come reality!

Aside from the tone and the fact that it resembles comics I like the visual effects and the characters here. My only real complaint is the focus on Mystique. It kind of irks me. She's not an X-Men member and never has been (outside of infiltrating the team)! She's a villain. I'm glad that the movies portray her as a complex individual which is something that the recent comics haven't managed to do very well despite it being one of her signature traits originally but they portray her as being too much of a hero for my tastes. I seriously cringed when I heard/saw her giving an inspirational speech to the X-Men. I mean, really??? Ugh... Not a fan of Katnisstique

Also, I feel like Apocalypse isn't as intimidating as he should be. He's too small for my tastes. I'm used to the hulking figure (like Thanos and Darkseid) from all the other adaptations with a booming voice like the one in TAS. That's my Apocalypse and always will be. But I guess making him like that (sizevise) in live action might be too difficult. I don't know. I guess I'll have to hold out my judgement until I see how Thanos & Darkseid are realized since those are the best comparisons to make. And I need some kind of point of reference before I can truly decide how well executed this Apocalypse is. But either way I still think that the voice should have been done differently. This is maybe the worst Apocalypse voice I've heard. But all in all these points are kind of nitpicky so the film has that going for it.

Liked this one much better than the previous two. Psylocke's action sequences are ridiculous, in a good way.

Oh hey, a half second of Jubilee! Still not using her powers though. I'm sure they're just finishing up the effects...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Liked this one much better than the previous two. Psylocke's action sequences are ridiculous, in a good way.

Oh hey, a half second of Jubilee! Still not using her powers though. I'm sure they're just finishing up the effects...
    At least it looks like it confirms she survives the mansion blowing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm sure everyone got Quicksilvered or BAMFed outside. (Suddenly remembers idiotic scene in BvS where Superman couldn't save a roomful of people from a similar explosion. I guess Pietro is faster than Clark!)

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    lol seriously who cares what reddit thinks anyway? SMH
    Oh wow Reddit being negative. Shocking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Oh wow Reddit being negative. Shocking.
    Implying Reddit is the only place where this is the case?

'Cause...nooooot!

BANNED

I love the costumes and looks of everything and it seems action packed and no Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    My only real complaint is the focus on Mystique. It kind of irks me.
    What's bothersome is that they are a group. The movies I've seen focus too much on one person. That's why I liked the chaos of III though it was too Wolverine centric and had loads of issues. Jean was practically a non entity despite it being her story for example, even Beast's story was practically more important... then it became Wolverine's story yet again. It seems a whole lot of writers have issues writing something cohesive using several characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I must say it's a bit funny reading these comments and then going to the Reddit thread of the trailer which has over 1200 comments and many of them are not exactly positive.

Im wondering if this will turn into BvS 2.0. Some will love it, others will fu***** hate it.
    So the same amount hate as First Class and DoFP, nothing new.

And no, to be BvS 2.0, the general opinion of the internet would have to be that movie is waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well dismissing the opinions and concerns of large amounts of people certainly didn't help BvS.
    Like I said this might very well be the BvS situation reloaded.
    The thing is that some people hating that the X-men cant be part of the MCU is not the same thing as most of the Internet hating BvS.

At the end of the day, it is the critics who have a greater influence over larger public opinion, not Reddit flamers. Critics are the ones who can make or break Apocalypse, just like they made DoFP, broke BvS and saved First Class, a movie that had almost Fant4stic levels of hate going for it before reviews.

they had me with the first trailer. this is just icing on the cake.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Jubilee isn't at the mansion when it blows up. The way I see her timeline in the movie goes as follows, as long as bits aren't cut:

- Jubilee might have a scene or so with Jean in the school, as long as it isn't cut...
    - Jubilee has at least one classroom scene (seen in the trailers as well as an article.)
    - Jubilee might have a scene with Scott when he gets to the mansion. Lana talked about how Jubilee and him interact and kinda clash at first, but become friends.
    - She introduces Nightcrawler to the mansion, as seen in the previews of that Caldwell bank commercial.
    - Cyclops invites Jubilee, Jean, and Nightcrawler to sneak out of the mansion and go to the mall. Star Wars, arcade, and fun ensues (as long as it isn't cut.)
    - Cyclops, Jean, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler head back to the mansion and see that it is already destroyed.
    - Jubilee, as seen in the newest trailer, is on the lawn... she might have rushed over to them to check on them? Somehow they all get knocked down. This might be where Quicksilver, Moira, Beast, and Mystique are kidnapped by Stryker.

doesn't look very good... fox has beat the x-horse one too many times. total reboot is needed. messiah complex would be a great starting point.

We had Wolverine two years in a row and we already have news popping every other week about Wolverine 3. Why would I be excited with the fact he's in XMA?

I did find it interesting that Scott and Jean might have more action scenes.

Oh, and that Scott and Storm power dispute was AWESOME.

That Wolverine scene got lots of people who don't follow this stuff as religiously as we all do very excited. So I think it served its purpose.