Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hyperion Appreciation

God-like being, equal to Thor and Sentry and the likes, a lovable character with a great back story, should be out there preventing annihilation of worlds. Instead, he's here, on earth, fighting red necks in the woods... what a damn shame :/

BANNED

How powerful is Current Hyperion compared to Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    I'd say on par with all three. That's the way Hickman wrote him anyway.

Sentry is frankly on a whole other level from all the other guys IMO.

Him aside I'd say Hyperion has the best strength feats. He moved a planet in Hickman's run. But when these guys fight they're always about equal.

Though I'd say Thor overall is more powerful than Hyperion. Asgardian magic can be a plot device when Thor decides to dial things up.

Mighty Member

Thor Sentry Hyperion are global response strong
    heck theyre cosmic strong
    when u tht strong there isnt that many stories 2 write while ur earthbound that wudnt trigger attention of other majr powers.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sentry is frankly on a whole other level from all the other guys IMO.

Him aside I'd say Hyperion has the best strength feats. He moved a planet in Hickman's run. But when these guys fight they're always about equal.

Though I'd say Thor overall is more powerful than Hyperion. Asgardian magic can be a plot device when Thor decides to dial things up.
    nah Thor > Sentry
    Thor moved a serpent strong emoug to crush earth
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member

The most powerful.
    Void/sentry and death seed sentry
    Blue marvel
    Sentry(normal)
    Thor(normal)
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    nah Thor > Sentry
    Thor moved a serpent strong emoug to crush earth
    And didn't Thor actually end up killing Sentry?
    I think Sentry had that überman plot armor while Thor was supposed to be dead, and even seemed more than he was to ramp up the threat factor (Bendis loves doing this kind of crap, and then doesn't know how to get out of it, so we're given anti-climatic resolutions). Hell, Herc alone kicked his but alongside many of the feared Dark Avengers. But of all the four (Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel and Hyperion), though probably my second favorite, I've always thought of Hyperion as the weakest. I mean, I loved the pre-Supreme Power Hyperion, but since he was based on the competition's biggest gun, he always came up short against Marvel's biggest guns, I understand that Hickman tried to up him (and Thor has, IMHO, generally been quite downsized ever since his return to Nu Marvel), but I'll always go with the classics. To me, Thor will always be Marvel's biggest gun (even if Hulk is the strongest there is. And Herc might be slightly stronger. The hammer gives the Odinson the edge). Though I'm only familiar with him in his appearences in Mighty Avengers, Blue Marvel also strikes me as quite powerful, with more of a pre-COIE Superman vibe to him. Brainy and an energy manipulator on topof it all. But I still think that classic (pre-Nu Marvel, with Mjolnir having all it's forgotten habilities) Thor can take him.

Peace

Why rip off the JMS Superman it sucked. Have him fighting cosmic villains.

Extraordinary Member

It depends on thor versions.
    The more normal thor-
    Normal thor,warrior maddness thor,warrior maddness thor with belt of strength would still lose to blue marvel.
    Blue marvel is more powerful then thor.

More powerful versions of thor -
    The only thor versions i could think of that could beat blue marvel and more powerful then blue marvel and normal sentry is rune king thor and odin/thor force thor.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-25-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    And didn't Thor actually end up killing Sentry?
    I think Sentry had that überman plot armor while Thor was supposed to be dead, and even seemed more than he was to ramp up the threat factor (Bendis loves doing this kind of crap, and then doesn't know how to get out of it, so we're given anti-climatic resolutions). Hell, Herc alone kicked his but alongside many of the feared Dark Avengers. But of all the four (Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel and Hyperion), though probably my second favorite, I've always thought of Hyperion as the weakest. I mean, I loved the pre-Supreme Power Hyperion, but since he was based on the competition's biggest gun, he always came up short against Marvel's biggest guns, I understand that Hickman tried to up him (and Thor has, IMHO, generally been quite downsized ever since his return to Nu Marvel), but I'll always go with the classics. To me, Thor will always be Marvel's biggest gun (even if Hulk is the strongest there is. And Herc might be slightly stronger. The hammer gives the Odinson the edge). Though I'm only familiar with him in his appearences in Mighty Avengers, Blue Marvel also strikes me as quite powerful, with more of a pre-COIE Superman vibe to him. Brainy and an energy manipulator on topof it all. But I still think that classic (pre-Nu Marvel, with Mjolnir having all it's forgotten habilities) Thor can take him.

Peace
    You are correct. Also we aren't supposed to remember Thor's powers anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Edited-

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The most powerful.
    Void/sentry and death seed sentry
    Blue marvel
    Sentry(normal)
    Thor(normal)
    Hyperion
    As for who is stronger?
    Blue marvel is at least equal in strength to sentry,odin-force thor and an enrage hulk(world breaker hulk).
    He is stronger then normal hulk,world war hulk,hyperion and normal thor.

By the way,i read the comic and void/sentry was winning,beating thor and the other avengers of that time.
    Sentry let thor kill him in the end.
    As for the other time when sentry was killed by thor,it was a alternate universe and i think that was odin-force thor that kill a normal sentry,and it was not the original versions anyway.

As for the rematch in the main universe.

Last edited by mace11; 04-25-2016 at 09:06 PM.

I don't wanna turn this into a Rumbles Board sort of thing, but I think the fact that Sentry can control molecules at even a higher level than the Molecule Man (as seen in Dark Avengers when they fought) frankly makes Sentry a legit cosmic being. So he's at the top of my list.

Hyperion is probably at the bottom because despite arguably having the best strength feat, he IMO has the least depth of the other fighters. He's got strength and speed, but the rest bring more to the table.

Thor and Blue Marvel are somewhat more of a toss up. BM is a powerful energy manipulator, but I put Asgardian magic above energy manipulation. That's a CLOSE right that could go either way, but if Thor brings his A game rather than relying on just swinging his hammer, then I'd say he's in second place behind Sentry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't wanna turn this into a Rumbles Board sort of thing, but I think the fact that Sentry can control molecules at even a higher level than the Molecule Man (as seen in Dark Avengers when they fought) frankly makes Sentry a legit cosmic being. So he's at the top of my list.

Hyperion is probably at the bottom because despite arguably having the best strength feat, he IMO has the least depth of the other fighters. He's got strength and speed, but the rest bring more to the table.

Thor and Blue Marvel are somewhat more of a toss up. BM is a powerful energy manipulator, but I put Asgardian magic above energy manipulation. That's a CLOSE right that could go either way, but if Thor brings his A game rather than relying on just swinging his hammer, then I'd say he's in second place behind Sentry.
    Although isn't current Molecule Man (as of post secret wars) the most powerful marvel character right now?

Although isn't current Molecule Man (as of post secret wars) the most powerful marvel character right now?
    Yeah, he's got the power of all the Beyonders. So he should be the most powerful, aside from maybe the One Above All.