Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    How powerful is Current Hyperion compared to Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel etc.
    In his first fight with Thor I thought he seemed just a little more powerful. He seemed to get the better of Thor physically until Thor outsmarted him and won the fight. He is definitely right up there with the toughest Marvel has to offer.

Spectacular Member

The camaraderie between Thor and Hyperion in the Avengers books prior to Secret Wars was the highlight of that run imo, I wish they'd bring him back to the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    The camaraderie between Thor and Hyperion in the Avengers books prior to Secret Wars was the highlight of that run imo, I wish they'd bring him back to the fold.
    Doesn't look like the Squadron Supreme will be getting back together anytime soon so yeah... I suppose he could return to the Avengers.

But they probably would need a second Avengers title, because the core team seems pretty locked up at the moment.

How many hyperions have there been? I've lost track.

Is the current guy "good" all the way around? no dark-side personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Depends on your definition of dark side. He destroyed Atlantis ... but it was an act he later regretted and attempted to make amends for.

Most Hyperions, even the good ones, seem to have a tendency to go a bit too far. The Gruenwald version ended up taking over the world, and the JMS version in the future seems to as well. Hickman seems to be back tracking after drinking Nightharks Kool Aid, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I consider him the best one yet. Most of the other Hyperions were killed off especially during the Secret Wars era. And so Marvel most likely is going to be sticking with this one. Anyways, he had a "dark side" during the Squadron Supreme run where he destroyed Atlantis(Because Namor helped aid in destroying their world). However, he became good and turned against Nighthawk. Even helping Namor.

In that trash solo he was good again but was being pursued by Iron Man due to his "crimes", but he was let off. So yeah, he is a hero unlike the other Hyperions. I hope he returns in some type of team.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I consider him the best one yet. Most of the other Hyperions were killed off especially during the Secret Wars era. And so Marvel most likely is going to be sticking with this one. Anyways, he had a "dark side" during the Squadron Supreme run where he destroyed Atlantis(Because Namor helped aid in destroying their world). However, he became good and turned against Nighthawk. Even helping Namor.

In that trash solo he was good again but was being pursued by Iron Man due to his "crimes", but he was let off. So yeah, he is a hero unlike the other Hyperions. I hope he returns in some type of team.
    Yeah is a good character, good guy with a desire to really get to understand the common people. Too bad his solo was horribly written and pretty much all Squadron supreme characters were written in unpleasant annoying way in that run. Hyperion was not even the worst. Whizzer was probably the worst one.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Yeah is a good character, good guy with a desire to really get to understand the common people. Too bad his solo was horribly written and pretty much all Squadron supreme characters were written in unpleasant annoying way in that run. Hyperion was not even the worst. Whizzer was probably the worst one.

Hate what happened with Nighhawk.

But yeah instead of fighting big threats like in the cosmos he is instead fighting super powered rednecks. lol!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I wonder why Marvel created the Sentry, when they could have used a version of Hyperion for that story?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wonder why Marvel created the Sentry, when they could have used a version of Hyperion for that story?
    Honestly I think we have enough Hyperions running around the multiverse as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    For what story??

Plus like Xpac stated there are a million of Hyperions running around...

Anyone who thinks that Hyperion's solo was badly written misunderstands the character. The whole point was to try to live amongst the people he protects. Those carnies were augmented by an extraterrestrial. One of them managed to harm him. What else do you want from a Superman analogue? Plus, Doll was a fun character.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hickman seems to be back tracking after drinking Nightharks Kool Aid, so we'll see.
    what does that even mean? Nighthawk's mission was to go after threats that the current heroes had overlooked. People want to paint him as the bad guy when was one of the characters who didn't cross the line. If they had listened, they would know about the Myriad. And they would know that, according to the vision, Hyperion was going to attempt another takeover of the world. the characters are being judged by an unrealistic standard. The Atlanteans, from a street-level perspective, are a threat to the surface dwelling populace. The Squadron acted on that Intel. And they were crucified for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Anyone who thinks that Hyperion's solo was badly written misunderstands the character. The whole point was to try to live amongst the people he protects. Those carnies were augmented by an extraterrestrial. One of them managed to harm him. What else do you want from a Superman analogue? Plus, Doll was a fun character.
    No it was pretty bad. I been understood the "trying to live among humans" them or "finding your place" but the story was not great at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what does that even mean? Nighthawk's mission was to go after threats that the current heroes had overlooked. People want to paint him as the bad guy when was one of the characters who didn't cross the line. If they had listened, they would know about the Myriad. And they would know that, according to the vision, Hyperion was going to attempt another takeover of the world. the characters are being judged by an unrealistic standard. The Atlanteans, from a street-level perspective, are a threat to the surface dwelling populace. The Squadron acted on that Intel. And they were crucified for it.
    What that means essentially is they ended up listening to a guy that got them into one super hero fight after another. They seriously spent like 90% of their time fighting other super heroes. It's perhaps one of the worst super hero teams in modern times. And essentially that's why they felt apart so badly and so relatively quickly. It was just one big hot mess.