Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And how exactly are they justified?
    Step 1: Justify genocide.

Step 2: Justify the invasion and conquest of nations presenting no threat to you or yours.

Step 3: Justify indoctrinating teenagers into a terrorist cell and regularly paying humans to attack them as if to kill them, to keep them scared enough to stay with you.

Step 4: Justify just being a cranky fart all the time.

With those four steps accomplished, Magneto is pretty justified.

(Or, we can be super offensive and use the Holocaust. Because like all Holocaust survivors, Magneto was forced to become a mass-murdering terrorist bully often harboring genocidal cults and terrorist cells.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Humans started the genocide.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Well Magneto is more of a anti hero I would say. I mean his backstory is pretty tragic and you see why he does what he does. Outside the comics just look at the recent X Men movies and tell me Magneto isn't somewhat justified in his actions. As for Punisher, it is wrong to murder people and Frank goes the extreme but honestly his method kinda works. The Punisher would have killed someone like the Joker long ago and saved countless lives. Like I said, it sucks kill people but some of these criminals are only going to get out of jail and do the same things again like rape, murder etc. So that my reason for say they are kinda justified.
    Movie Magneto wants to exterminate humanity.

And regular GCPD cops, Arkham guards, Joker goons even, various Robins, and gangrene, or a court of law for that matter, should all have killed the Joker long ago even if Batman won't if the Bat-verse was written properly.

The Punisher is no more able to kill the Joker than Batman is, even if he is far more willing, for the same reason the Punisher lets the big, marketable Marvel villains kill as much as they want.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-28-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Humans started the genocide.
    This would, by this argument, justify any survivor of any attempt at genocide in the invasion of unrelated nations, enslavement of unrelated people, and genocide of their own.

It... doesn't.

Genocide is a real thing. It's genuinely been attempted more than once. While usually, ultimately, a failure, in terms of raw lineages, it has successfully wiped out cultures and destroyed societies.

Not only has this motivated very few of the victims to become mass-murdering terrorists bent on genocide of their own, it cannot justify it. Normal walking around dudes in the Savage Land or a peaceful little South American country that Mags walked into with his bunch of terrorists and enslaved and tortured did not "deserve" their invasion or persecution. People who were caught up in Magneto's attacks during the 90s or 00s and killed in large numbers did not "deserve" their deaths. No matter how many times Magneto went, "I'm not responsible for my evil mutant murder cult, i just let them live with me under my total protection," he offered repeated and total shelter to men and women who were seeking out entirely innocent people and murdering them, burning them alive, putting them through walls, tearing them apart.

Even under Claremont he could be a torture-junkie and a bully, happy to kidnap anyone he felt wronged him, brainwash anyone he wished to, and assaulting whoever and whatever it passed his fancy to do so, barring a very few years where he taught at a school and remained an ugly, underhanded man during that time regardless.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

People mistake 'understandable' for 'justification'.

Sympathy for the devil doesn't make him any less the devil.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Exactly understanding and condoning are 2 very different concepts.

We understand why Lucifer of the Supernatural tv show truly believes he's right doesn't change he's still a complete monster, utterly wrong only he's to blame for all his mistakes, and a huge case of Hypocrisy. He accuses the humans of being Prideful, and a dirty murdering species.
    The pot calling the kettle black.

You understand the Bad Guys in the Rock however doesn't change how they attempt to achieve their goals is destructive, dreadful, messy, and condemable.

If you saw Under Siege a amazing action movie you'll understand why Bill Stranix has become a Terrorist Leader that wants to destroy Honolulu with a mass destruction weapon, doesn't change he's still a dreadful Bad guy that is using dreadful damnable actions.

The Punisher is tricky. His method works but I don't know how he pick and choose. Recently he goes after the bigger fish but does he work with the court system? Does someone needs to be repeat offender. Take OJ, would he be dead?
    Magneto is just a good character that's needed but he's a pure villain. He would kill for any reason.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I really don't understand how a person could claim some bullcrap Apocalpyse isn't pure evil. Some person brought up because this is happening in the real world with violence with the survival of the fittest that Apocalpyse isn't pure evil. Wow a lot of stuff that Red Skull does is happens in the real world doesn't change he's a Complete monster.

In his warped psychopathic mind he believes the greater good is be ferocious killing the weak in his survival of the fittest philosophy. He's a complete monster which is the worst kind of Villain or the Eviliest of Evil .

He claims bullcrap he's not malevolent wow that's as colossal crap on the level of a person saying smoking cigarettes aren't dangerous and doesnt create cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

This.

Undeniably, Magneto is the one anomaly I can think of, and t hedge coke laid all the reasons why extensively.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."