BANNED

Default Batman losing in a fight?

Were there any characters that defeated Batman in a battle before, Someone he cannot handle no matter how much he tries but fails?.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Talia, in Batman Inc.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Bane beat Batman in a fight. Deathstroke beats Batman in Deathstroke #8-9 (1990s title). Clayface beats Batman in Shadow of the Bat #75 (but gets distracted and Batman gets away). Prometheus beats Batman in JLA #15. Greg Rucka wrote WW defeating Batman once in a fight.

Someone he cannot handle no matter how much he tries but fails?.
    Bit harder or impossible to find these. Lady Shiva was kinda one, but he did beat her once I think.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-26-2016 at 08:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Bit harder or impossible to find these.
    So you don't know a character Batman fails everytime he fights him/her?.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    So you don't know a character Batman fails everytime he fights him/her?.
    Not unless Batman only fought that person once ("everytime"= once?). No.

That shouldn't surprise you given Batman's popularity and fighting prowess. It'd be like giving Chuck Norris such an unbeatable foe, wouldn't go over too well with fans.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-26-2016 at 08:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I was gonna say Wonder Woman but he does technically beat her in Endgame :P

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    I was gonna say Wonder Woman but he does technically beat her in Endgame :P
    He still lost to her in a previous continuity. That doesn't change because he got a deus ex machina in another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He still lost to her in a previous continuity. That doesn't change because he got a deus ex machina in another universe.
    There are universes where Nazis won and there isn't even a Bruce Wayne in existence. Alternate universes can't "count."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    There are universes where Nazis won and there isn't even a Bruce Wayne in existence. Alternate universes can't "count."
    I was referring to the pre New 52 continuity not an Elseworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I was referring to the pre New 52 continuity not an Elseworld.
    I was agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I was agreeing with you.
    Oh. Sorry my mistake.

Incredible Member

Kobra beat him one-on-one in Batman and the Outsiders #27. I don't know if they've tangled before/since then.

Bronze Tiger beat him with one kick in 'Tec #485 (spiritual pre-karma for the infamous "one punch!" of Guy Gardner?)... not only was Bats knocked out, but the last thing he saw was Batwoman getting stabbed to death. Ouch.

Kind of a dumb question, but do intentional failures count? He's deliberately lost to people before when defeating them wasn't his primary goal.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Kobra beat him one-on-one in Batman and the Outsiders #27. I don't know if they've tangled before/since then.

Bronze Tiger beat him with one kick in 'Tec #485 (spiritual pre-karma for the infamous "one punch!" of Guy Gardner?)... not only was Bats knocked out, but the last thing he saw was Batwoman getting stabbed to death. Ouch.
    Yep, although they fought again later in the same issue and it was pretty much a stalemate. Then someone shot Batman with a poisoned dart and BT refused to continue fighting Batman, calling him an honorable warrior.

I think the kick in their first meeting really took Batman by surprised which is why it took him down. He was shocked at how fast he was and continued to talk about his speed throughout the issue.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor