View Poll Results: Who is the greater Marvel villain… Magneto or Dr. Doom?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Master of Magnetism, Magneto

16 42.11%
  • The former monarch of Latveria, Dr. Doom

18 47.37%
  • Both are equally great

4 10.53%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    YouTube Let's Player WebCrawlComics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Magneto's whole appeal is that you're never sure (outside of a few writers) quite how to feel about him. At the very least, he's a more complex villain than Doom.

THIS, yes. I always liked the fact that Magneto could potentially turn on you at any moment. It seems like the one thing for certain is he's going to choose a mutant over a human, but other than that... it's fair game.

Niffleheim

I LOVE love villains. I can't stand these two characters thou.

EDIT: Thinking more about who i like i would have to say - Doom.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-28-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If we are going pure comic books, I would pick Doom.

But if we are talking all media, then Magneto BY FAR.
    I fully agree.

Magneto has acted as hero or anti hero in recent years but make no mistake that anger still exists within him and it may take the character back to the path of villainy in the future.

I'd probably answer Dr.Doom. I feel that if you were to ask the marvel writing staff, they'd say Doom. but I like Magneto more. I like his layers. his last book was a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCrawlComics View Post
    THIS, yes. I always liked the fact that Magneto could potentially turn on you at any moment. It seems like the one thing for certain is he's going to choose a mutant over a human, but other than that... it's fair game.
    he's more loyal to mutant ascendancy than individual mutants; from what I've seen. but it's good that he stands for something. he's not so much about ruling the world. he sees it as his mission to take out threats to mutantkind in the same way that Punisher goes after threats to law abiding civilians. they are both violent individuals working through past trauma in unhealthy ways. but that's just my take on it.

BANNED

Doom. And it's not even close.

Magneto for me. He is one of the best written villains ever. Doom is a fantastic villain though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Yeah, yeah, I know that's a Doombot, but it still counts dangit!

I gotta go with Magneto.

I think Doom is a COOLER villain that I like better... But Magneto has been more successful. He's a genocidal lover of a new 'master race' and he's actually attracted a LOT of people both IN the marvel universe and in the REAL world who think he 'just may be a hero...'

That says a lot. Even though Dooms people are 'generally protected,' they still fear him. They do not cross him... and they never forget who is REALLY in charge and holds their life at his very whim.

Magneto actually had acolytes...

Dr. Doom gets my vote. Make this into a poll!

BANNED

Magneto hasn't truly been a villain for nearly 30 years now. Every now and then a writer like Grant Morrison will write something utterly out of character for him but Magneto has mostly been a hero, albeit one willing to do whatever it takes, ever since Claremont turned him into one back in the mid 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Magneto hasn't truly been a villain for nearly 30 years now. Every now and then a writer like Grant Morrison will write something utterly out of character for him but Magneto has mostly been a hero, albeit one willing to do whatever it takes, ever since Claremont turned him into one back in the mid 1980's.
    Doing whatever it takes... is villain territory. Even in the 90's when he wanted to be left alone, he found it perfectly acceptable to hit earth with an EMP shutting down emergency rooms and life support everywhere...

His main mentality is 'Some people in power don't like me... or threaten me... mostly due to my terrorist actions... therefore I will mortally endanger and murder a whole bunch of people who are not direct enemies...

.. Because they're humans and therefore my opponent.

They REALLY want to paint him as an anti-hero... but he NEVER does really heroic stuff. He's always either terrorist, despot, or powder keg ready to go off. Whatever his WWII past happened... REALLY doesn't justify his attitudes today.

BANNED

Magneto and Doom have been both heroes and villain. So the question should be , who is the greater character.

In comics, I'd say Magneto still. He had a successful ongoing solo and is leading the Uncanny X-men team.

In other forms of media, clearly Magneto.

Magneto also looks cooler than Doom (though my favorite color is green)

Magneto is also more popular than Doom.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I added a poll to this thread so we can quantify the readers' choices.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES