Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Born To Run" would be a GREAT story for a Flash movie - and could set up a Teen Titans movie

I reread it recently and it's a story that is CRYING out to be filmed. I always thought a Flash movie should feature more than one incarnation of the character. Obviously not a verbatim adaptation - certain things would have to be changed obviously. Here's how the basic story would go.

- A pre-title sequence shows Barry Allen working in his lab. Lightning strikes and bathes him with chemicals resulting in him receiving his powers.

- Title Sequence

- Cuts to five years later. The Flash is an established hero in Central City. However he's obsessed with trying to become even faster.

- Wally West is sent to live with his Aunt Iris. The story will be sort of told through his eyes. He's an awkward teenager and a bit anti-social. He rejects Barry and Iris somewhat even though they only want the best for him.

- Barry Allen is trying to recreate the accident in his lab hoping it will double his speed. He sets up a conductor to try and attract lightning to the lab and is waiting for a stormy night in which to conduct the experiment. This is mainly because of a main villain who is terrorising Central City (not worked out who that would be just yet).

- Wally West visits Barry's lab and a freak storm occurs. Instead of hitting Barry, the lightning hits him - giving him the same powers.

- Barry reveals to Wally that he is the Flash. Wally becomes Kid Flash and together he and Barry fight crime. Barry is very much a mentor to Wally.

- Wally loves the fact that he now has the same powers and is Kid Flash. His attitude improves and it helps him settle down more.

- In a conflict with the main villain Barry is seriously injured and falls into a coma.

- Wally West takes on the mantle of The Flash to defeat the main villain.

- Barry awakens from his coma to the news of what Wally has done and tells him he's proud of him.

- Wally is now happy in Central City with Iris and Barry.

The relationship between Wally and Barry would be similar to the relationship between Neo and Morpheus in The Matrix movies.

Then Barry could be part of a future Justice League movie and Wally could be part of a future Teen Titans movie.

I don't know if the DCEU plans include on doing the story in this way - but still, nice idea isn't it?
    Last edited by DCStu; 04-27-2016 at 06:08 AM.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

BANNED

Title song by Bruce Springsteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Title song by Bruce Springsteen.
    Could work...
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Incredible Member

Whatever they do, it's gotta be original and different, not just to the show, but to the other comic book movies out there.

A legacy story could work.

But if it were up to me, the Flash movie would basically be "The Lego Movie" of superhero movies, and by that I mean a unique and crazy 90-minute adventure going at a breakneck pace in ten different directions, with all the Rogues, time-travel, multiple realities, a gorilla kingdom, etc, either set in a futuristic Central City, where Barry meets his grandson, or set all throughout history, like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

But who am I kidding, they'll probably just do a slightly more serious take on the Flash tv show.

BANNED

I think DC os pretty well committed to the Flash as a television series. But this episode would work as a two-part episode there.

Incredible Member

Given the Flash's history, it would be awesome if in the last episode, Barry dies, but Wally picks up the mantle. It'd be extra ballsy if they did midway through the show or something.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 04-27-2016 at 06:34 AM.

I think DC os pretty well committed to the Flash as a television series. But this episode would work as a two-part episode there.
    Not talking about the TV series. That's fine as it is.

I meant as movie - completely independent of the show. You know, like they're doing with Ezra Miller. I thought this would be a good story for it.
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
    Not talking about the TV series. That's fine as it is.

I meant as movie - completely independent of the show. You know, like they're doing with Ezra Miller. I thought this would be a good story for it.
    I understand. The thing is, once a comic is on television, it's probably not going to be made into a movie until the TV series is well in the past. Hollywood pretty well observes a divide there.

I understand. The thing is, once a comic is on television, it's probably not going to be made into a movie until the TV series is well in the past. Hollywood pretty well observes a divide there.
    They ARE making a movie though! It's going to have no connection with the TV show. It stars Ezra Miller as Barry Allen and is part of the DCEU. Don't you remember Miller's cameo in Bruce Wayne's dream sequence during Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice? He's going to be in Justice League Part One next year and is having a solo movie the year after!
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It would be cool as a movie.

It looks like they're going to be covering very similar ground to the TV show, though, if the leaked casting sheet is anything to go by.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It looks like they're going to be covering very similar ground to the TV show, though, if the leaked casting sheet is anything to go by.
    That worries me a little. I mean - if they're not going to align the TV and film universes and intend to keep everything separate... then they should really try and make the film as UNLIKE the show as possible.

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited about the film and I shall be seeing it - but if it just covers a lot of the same ground the show does then I'll be kind of pissed off. Especially if it's not done well.
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Retired

If I could make one change to the Kid Flash origin in THE FLASH No. 110, it would be to make it more like this scene from THE FLASH No. 135--

In other words, I'd have Barry being struck by the lightning again with Wally close by as the lightning jumps from Barry to Wally. That would explain how Wally got the same powers.

The exact same accident happening to Wally as happened to Barry has always stretched my credulity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The exact same accident happening to Wally as happened to Barry has always stretched my credulity.
    I know what you mean. It's like I said in my opening post. I'd make it so that Barry Allen is trying to recreate the accident that caused his super speed in his lab - with HIMSELF as subject. He hopes that it will make him twice as fast... but Wally gets caught instead.

Your idea is pretty cool though!
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

BANNED

Hell yes, I would be so excited for a Flash movie with this premise! Maybe not 100% as you described, the origin might need updating and, don't hate me for this, I kind of want Barry to die heroically before Wally becomes the Flash. I like Barry but his death is an important moment in both his and Wally's histories that I'd like to see on film. But I think making the Flash film the first ever Hero/Sidekick superhero movie (Batman and Robin doesn't count) would be awesome, and would really set it apart from other comic book films as well as the Flash TV show. But only if it uses pre-Flashpoint Wally. NuWally would ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I kind of want Barry to die heroically before Wally becomes the Flash.
    That'd need to be done in a Crisis On Infinite Earths movie...
    Collects
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label