Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DEADPOOL 2 Creative Team Finalizes Cable Casting Decision (EXCLUSIVE)

If there is one role that is being hotly tracked by comic book fans everywhere, it is Cable in the upcoming Deadpool 2 film. And the competition fighting over filling these large boots confirms how hotly desired this role is across Hollywood with actors such as Brad Pitt, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe and Stranger Thing's David Harbour competing to take on the mantle of a time-traveling anti-hero.

Today, news broke that David Leitch (director of the soon to begin filming production) and Rhett Reese (co-screenwriter) had met with Sylvester Stallone after it had been announced one of the most recognized action production actors had walked away from the next Expendables movie due to creative differences. Well, worry no more. Taking advantage of this opening in Stallone's schedule, the Deadpool 2 creative team have found their Cable.

"I've been a fan of Sylvester Stallone since I saw him in the movie 'Rhinestone' opposite Dolly Parton," noted Leitch. "It demonstrated the range this talented actor brings to his roles. It took him from a fly-by-night after the success of Rocky to a superstar. We are very excited to see his take on such an established character like Cable. Maybe we can even insert some singing scenes now."

Catching up with Ryan Reynolds, he noted, "When we did a small test scene to see how our characters would work together, I couldn't help but be intimidated by the growls coming from his chiseled face. As I looked down on him, I even thought to myself 'Cable or bust' as there was nobody else I would want to star alongside for Deadpool 2. He's the type actor I look up - or down - to."
    Quite the long article on their plans for this character now that Stallone has stepped up. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    DEADPOOL 2 Creative Team Finalizes Cable Casting Decision (EXCLUSIVE)

Quite the long article on their plans for this character now that Stallone has stepped up. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    Well cable is gonna be alot shorter then Deadpool. Stallone is not good at comedys, betweem him and aronold stallone the much better dramatic actor but Arnold is way funnier, stallone just doesnt do well with comedy. Can we go back to michale shannon ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well cable is gonna be alot shorter then Deadpool. Stallone is not good at comedys, betweem him and aronold stallone the much better dramatic actor but Arnold is way funnier, stallone just doesnt do well with comedy. Can we go back to michale shannon ? Lol

Hopefully you read the article.