Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Well at the same time, would you want JL to try to work in the box of every other story that's running with the League characters?

Superman Truth
    Batman Super Heavy
    Batman Endgame
    Green Lantern Godhead
    GL Renegade
    Future's End
    The Finches Wonder Woman
    Convergence
    Doomed
    Whatever is happening over on Flash

etc

John's JL doesn't need baggage from other titles weighing it down, and it's not like all of those stories are great and worth tying into.
    I would either like him to acknowledge the continuity of those stories, or make a simple and clear statement (so much as a tweet) as to when this is all taking place. I don't get why it has to be this huge gigantic secret. It kind of reminds of Batman Eternal and the Robin Rises saga, where we had these multi-year long stories going on side by side with no idea what went where until the very end. Why the secrecy? What does it do besides annoy dedicated readers? We know that mostly everyone makes it out alive regardless, somebody just tell me what the frick happens first, these DC You status quos or this Darkseid War. I hate having to wait over a year for such a basic answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think she does, yes. The Darkseid War special implies it. Grail's mother tries to warn her that Steve is not the first man to have set foot on Paradise Island, and earlier in the story in a flashback, it shows that Myrina witnesses something during the birth of Diana that she wasn't supposed to see; something that had her chased off the island or else she'd have been killed for seeing it. The implication to me being that Hippolyta had twins, one a boy, that was kept secret for obvious reasons and thus why Steve is not categorically the first male on the island.
    I really think the only thing that Myrina wasn't supposed to see was the fact that Diana was a natural birth, and not made of Clay. Zeus was the first "Man" on the island. I really don't think Diana has another twin sibling.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I would either like him to acknowledge the continuity of those stories, or make a simple and clear statement (so much as a tweet) as to when this is all taking place. I don't get why it has to be this huge gigantic secret. It kind of reminds of Batman Eternal and the Robin Rises saga, where we had these multi-year long stories going on side by side with no idea what went where until the very end. Why the secrecy? What does it do besides annoy dedicated readers? We know that mostly everyone makes it out alive regardless, somebody just tell me what the frick happens first, these DC You status quos or this Darkseid War. I hate having to wait over a year for such a basic answer.
    Didn't Fabok tweet or say in an interview that Darkseid War is after DC You?

All-New Member

Jason Fabok ‏@JasonFabok Feb 24
    @MicahOhanian JLA is past, but the others happen prior to Darkseid war. DS War is the present, setting up the future

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Anyone else feel like this story's kind of running in place? I feel like it's been going on forever but barely anythings happened and they're just kind of stretching this story out until rebirth rolls around.

I've had that same feeling too. I just might skip the rest of the story.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I've had that same feeling too. I just might skip the rest of the story.
    I agree and my last issue of this version of the league will be issue 50 as the others are fillers until Rebirth start
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

I am enjoying the arc, but I do nevertheless agree that it does feel very drawn-out. As others have said, though, Fabok's art is just phenomenal. Even if I hated the story, I'd probably still buy the book for his work alone.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I really think the only thing that Myrina wasn't supposed to see was the fact that Diana was a natural birth, and not made of Clay. Zeus was the first "Man" on the island. I really don't think Diana has another twin sibling.
    That her presence simply compromised the upcoming clay story would make sense, but there's clearly more going on than that in the panels. Myrina doesn't go wide-eyed until the unseen Amazon declaring the baby's name Diana suddenly screams. So something happens there, independent of simply Diana being born. And I'd have a tough time buying Zeus being the first man on the island. He's a God, not Man. So there's still something more going on, even if the theory of a brother isn't correct.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-28-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I think she does, yes. The Darkseid War special implies it. Grail's mother tries to warn her that Steve is not the first man to have set foot on Paradise Island, and earlier in the story in a flashback, it shows that Myrina witnesses something during the birth of Diana that she wasn't supposed to see; something that had her chased off the island or else she'd have been killed for seeing it. The implication to me being that Hippolyta had twins, one a boy, that was kept secret for obvious reasons and thus why Steve is not categorically the first male on the island.
    first time i've heard of it. and i think i like the idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    t's just poor planning and the story over continuity that dc adopted on DCYou last year. So everyone did their own things, everything will be adressed on rebirth new status quo

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

That her presence simply compromised the upcoming clay story would make sense, but there's clearly more going on than that in the panels. Myrina doesn't go wide-eyed until the unseen Amazon declaring the baby's name Diana suddenly screams. So something happens there, independent of simply Diana being born. And I'd have a tough time buying Zeus being the first man on the island. He's a God, not Man. So there's still something more going on, even if the theory of a brother isn't correct.
    Her twin is...Steve?!

so the Anti-Monitor is destroying the earth because it's something to do? come on Geoff. he used to be a being that was trying to reshape the universe in his own image. now he's just being a dick.

Mighty Member

No doubt Barda left Miracle's side to bring back reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Leaving Trigon and Parallax as the big baddies Johns has yet to ruin.
    ugh don't give him ideas about Trigon. As for Parallax........Johns has left his mark on Green Lantern thats all I'm going to say.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    t's just poor planning and the story over continuity that dc adopted on DCYou last year. So everyone did their own things, everything will be adressed on rebirth new status quo
    I wouldn't say it's poor planning, more that Johns wants his own autonomy when it comes to a story he's working on. This happened before back when Final Crisis was gearing up to come out. Remember Rip Hunter's blackboard in Booster Gold?

"Don't worry about Countdown. Focus elsewhere".

Johns was writing Booster Gold at the time and would go own to write Final Crisis Legion of 3 Worlds. Something he had foreshadowed in his post Infinite Crisis JLA/JSA crossover "Lightning Saga". The end of Lightning Saga even plugged for Countdown, before things all went to ****. We all know Morrison ignored Countdown as well.

And it's not like the current and previous stories on the various solo titles, and events (Future's End) merit referencing to the ongoing JL story. They wouldn't bolster the JL by their inclusion.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-28-2016 at 10:44 PM.