Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: "Captain America: Civil War" is Everything We Want in a Superhero Movie (and More)

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo deliver an action-packed, emotion-filled Marvel sequel that lives up to the hype.

Full article here.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Calling this a "Captain America" movie is perhaps a bit disingenuous.
    Figured as much but I guess they wanted Cap to have a trilogy.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Figured as much but I guess they wanted Cap to have a trilogy.
    If it makes you feel better, it seems like 90% of the reviews say it is very much a Cap movie.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Disingenuous is to expect a Civil War with Cap warring against himself.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-27-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If it makes you feel better, it seems like 90% of the reviews say it is very much a Cap movie.
    Even if the tally each character's screen time and it's found that Cap is in this movie more than all the others, it still feels like an Avengers movie to me. The movie is well balanced but it goes beyond Captain America and his POV.

I'm not really hung up on whether it's really a Cap/Avengers movie, it was a good movie.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-27-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Amazing, so far 41 positive reviews and only one negative review, for a 98% total RT score.

Fantastic Member

We all have to face facts that for the majority of future MCU films especially sequels that true solo films make little sense in a shared universe when you only get 2-3 films a year at best.

Besides the banter between certain characters is some of the best parts which does make me wonder how Thor 3 will work with Thor and Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Amazing, so far 41 positive reviews and only one negative review, for a 98% total RT score.
    And on top of it, an average rating of 8.3/10 (avengers had an 8/10, Iron Man a 7.7/10, Winter Soldier a 7.5/10).

Quote Originally Posted by kumagawa View Post
    We all have to face facts that for the majority of future MCU films especially sequels that true solo films make little sense in a shared universe when you only get 2-3 films a year at best.

Besides the banter between certain characters is some of the best parts which does make me wonder how Thor 3 will work with Thor and Hulk
    Hopefully they'll finally let Hulk talk.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Hopefully they'll finally let Hulk talk.
    I pray for this, i dont like my hulk acting like a 2yr old gorilla. Hulk keeps getting the big shots in at the end of each avengers movie yet he doesnt yell about being the strongest there is once. Yet he can work buttons on a quinn jet, atleast the video off button.

was there ever any doubt from anyone anywhere that civil war wouldn't be a critical darling? they could glide by on reputation alone at this point.

Astonishing Member

^^^The movie is actually good.

I won't use absolutes like "it's the best movie ever" because I don't believe there is one. Civil War is a well rounded good movie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is easily the best Marvel movie. They absolutely nailed it. Not only is this the best Cap has ever been on screen, it's the best for both Tony and Spidey.

Normally, I would be worried about over-hyping this movie, but it more than meets expectations, then surpasses them. This is the culmination of long-form superhero storytelling in movies and it is glorious.

Enjoy!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is easily the best Marvel movie. They absolutely nailed it. Not only is this the best Cap has ever been on screen, it's the best for both Tony and Spidey.

Normally, I would be worried about over-hyping this movie, but it more than meets expectations, then surpasses them. This is the culmination of long-form superhero storytelling in movies and it is glorious.

Enjoy!
    Very glad to hear this.

Next Friday can't come soon enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Enjoy!
    So much this. I was initially worried that the trailers and tv spots spoiled all the best bits but....WOW, boy was I surprised, elated and so happy to watch this movie. It does exceed expectation.