Super Moderator

Default Snyder & Capullo Finish Epic "Batman" Run With A Love Letter to Gotham

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo tease a Court of Owls tale, hint at "All-Star Batman" plans and explain why their run wrapped an issue before #52.

Full article here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

CBR: Your run comes full circle as we get a glimpse of the Court of Owls in this issue, and eerily, they are discussing something known as 'The Mantling.' Is this a tease into what's to come in your new series "All-Star Batman," or are you laying the groundwork for future "Batman" writers?

Snyder: I have a full second wave of the Court of Owls planned out in my mind, but I don't know when I will be able to get to it. It's one of those things that I would really want to do with Greg, they are so deeply our characters. But yeah, hopefully, it's a story for the near future.
    Woah. Seems to suggest a Snyder/Capullo Batman rebirth at some point. Snyder definitely needs to do more with the Owls, they should be in the finale/temporary finale of his time on Batman comics/DC Comics. Full circle.

Theorizing: If All-Star's first overarc/season ends at like #13, why not have Snyder/Cap Owls rebirth overarc be season 2? (i.e. why not let All-Star be Snyder's Batman playpen going forward?)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-27-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Enjoyed this dream team's genius so much. CoO 2.0 needs to happen!
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Amazing Member

the guys that got me into comics just as i was hitting 40

i will follow snyder onwards

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Best creative team in superhero comics, easily.

I really wish the team will do another Owl story. If there is one thing not good about Court of Owl it is that the reveal/ending was weak

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    I really wish the team will do another Owl story. If there is one thing not good about Court of Owl it is that the reveal/ending was weak
    Wish no more. Snyder practically confirms the Owl redux in this interview. And basically says he's determined to do it with Capullo.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mork74 View Post
    the guys that got me into comics just as i was hitting 40

i will follow snyder onwards
    Lol I got into them at 32...no shame bro

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Wish no more. Snyder practically confirms the Owl redux in this interview. And basically says he's determined to do it with Capullo.
    That will be great if they can reunite and do more with the Owls. Be interested to see if they get shelved till Snyder goes back to them, or if they are now open for others to use. Nice to see they will be doing more Batman together they work well with each other, and Capullo's Batman art is always top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    That will be great if they can reunite and do more with the Owls. Be interested to see if they get shelved till Snyder goes back to them, or if they are now open for others to use. Nice to see they will be doing more Batman together they work well with each other, and Capullo's Batman art is always top notch.
    Dick will be dealing with the Parliament of Owls, playing off Robin War, in the upcoming Nightwing title.

The question is whether Snyder had any input on this Parliament of Owls stuff.