Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd definitely watch it, that's for sure. I'm a fan of RDJ's take on the character and I've enjoyed every movie so far. But what do they do next... pass the torch to a new character being Iron Man, or re-cast Tony Stark?
    I like to post pictures of my comic books on Instagram.

Incredible Member

Wait, why are we all in such a hurry to recast RDJ?

Anyways, I'll watch. I enjoyed Iron Man 2 more than most people, and I enjoy Iron Man III. Fin Fang Foom as the main villain for IV?

I don't see any reason why Robert can't play Stark for another ten years. He's mostly about his brain anyway. The guy who will have to be replaced relatively soon is Thor. Asgardians in the MCU live 5,000 years. That means a human actor playing him has a rather short shelf-life, since he wouldn't age noticeably in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It's not about Stark's inclusion in Civil War, it's about the fact that they're doing Civil War in the first place. When the Russos signed on to start working on Cap III, Civil War wasn't part of the plan. That's something the Feige imposed, in large part so they could leverage the asset that is RDJ.
    You know that they never intended to make something like Serpent Society, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Both Batman and Robin and Batman Forever were financially successful. Conversely, despite all the money they made, the reception of the last two Iron Man movies--particularly among fans--was mixed at best. So, yeah, the Batman/Iron Man analogy (in terms of asset value to the studio) works pretty well.
    But the Iron Man movies have never been even close to kill the whole genre, isnt it ?.

I'd be genuinely surprised of RDJ does another Iron Man movie at this point. He really has embraced the character, but I think he's getting to a point where the rigors of being in an MCU movie are taking a toll. Plus, he's an expensive actor to book these days and at some point, the powers that be aren't going to write blank checks for him.

But if he did show up in another Iron Man movie, I'd definitely give it a chance. It would depend on the tone and scope of the movie. Right now, it depends on how the next few years of the MCU plays out. If there's a chance he could suit up again, it'll be after Infinity War.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

When do you think that they'll green-light Marvel Zombies?

He can play Iron Man for as long as he wants as far as I am concerned.

Dude owns the role.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't see any reason why Robert can't play Stark for another ten years. He's mostly about his brain anyway. The guy who will have to be replaced relatively soon is Thor. Asgardians in the MCU live 5,000 years. That means a human actor playing him has a rather short shelf-life, since he wouldn't age noticeably in a decade.
    I doubt that matters. Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 16 years including two set in the past. He obviously looks much older now than he did in the first movie, yet somehow we're supposed to believe he's aging very slowly or not at all. Hemsworth can play Thor for another decade if he and the studio were inclined.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 04-28-2016 at 05:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

Funny that people have a problem with how much Downey makes. Does this really have any bearing on whether or not you enjoy him in the role or is it a jealousy thing?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    Funny that people have a problem with how much Downey makes. Does this really have any bearing on whether or not you enjoy him in the role or is it a jealousy thing?
    This. I can't stand the character even thou i love the actor but i'll never begrudge RDJ making money.

Also comparing how much competing studios make in the BO is what I'll never understand in comic book movie fandom.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

I think he deserves every penny. The guy's helped make billions for Disney and I'm sure there's more than one top exec that pockets more than Downey for these movies.

It's not about how much he makes, it is about how much it cost just to have him cameo in a scene. If the news about Keaton not being considered in the MCU due to Downey's cost, then yes, it does sour my enjoyment because the possibilities were removed.
    Last edited by Bunai; 04-28-2016 at 09:02 AM.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tighelander View Post
    When do you think that they'll green-light Marvel Zombies?
    You can watch those just about anywhere online these days. |D

As far as I'm concerned, Civil War is Iron Man 4. It's the Iron Man sequel I've been waiting for since 2008.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    It's not about how much he makes, it is about how much it cost just to have him cameo in a scene. If the news about Keaton not being considered in the MCU due to Downey's cost, then yes, it does sour my enjoyment because the possibilities were removed.
    I remember reading a rumor about Keaton being out because of this, but was it ever confirmed? I love Keaton, but I don't think there's enough demand for him that putting him in Spider-Man would break the bank in any way. Anyway, Keaton, as much as I like him, will not put many asses in seats that didn't already plan to be there. Downey, OTOH....