Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if you had told me 10 years ago that Namor was going to form an alliance with Dr Doom or the X-Men, would not have believed it. yet, it has happened. Namor will do whatever he has to do. his motives are always kind of unknowable. I'm not sure why he bothers with the Atlanteans. they consider him to be a freak. we might know more once the nature of the alien threat has been revealed.
    He's been allied with Dr. Doom in the past, as well as many other questionable characters. But none of them to my knowledge have actually destroyed Atlantis and killed him like the Squadron Supreme has. I don't see it happening unless there's some form of extreme blackmail involved.

And I'm guessing he bothers with the Atlanteans because he's their King or something. Being half Atlantean with a high sense of duty also probably has something to do with it
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Supreme Powers Nighthawk may be a bit of a jerk, but he's not gonna kill 616 Kyle. It's not like he's a super villain or anything.

But it will be interesting to see how that is resolved.
    Supreme Powers Nighthawk opened this series with genocide. Don't put anything past him.

And iirc, he was a murderer before all this. Most of Supreme Power were murderers.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Didn't they show flashback images of some or all of them at one point early on in the series being part of alternate versions of the Squadron Supreme in their own universes that had similar but not in every case identical lineups? I can imagine if your universe is destroyed and you wind up in a relatively close duplicate world (I mean, it sounds like some of their universes were pretty different, but they all had an earth, with humans and meta-human superheros- it wasn't like it could have been where they pop into a universe where there is no earth, or there is an earth but the plant and animal life is totally alien, or the laws of physics are different), where conveniently alternate versions of your old friends and co-workers have been stranded, you might all get together and reform a new version of that club or business or whatever you were each in with some or all of those other people in each of your own universes.
    Nope.

They showed backgrounds of the said characters (and one was false, as we saw). More than that, Blurr and Dr. Spectrum were not Squad members. Dr. Spectrum was a member of the Great Society, and Blurr was a member of DP7. His world in particular had nothing like the Squad.

More than that, Warrior Woman implied that she took Power Princess' place because the Squad was looking for analogues.

So yeah, how did these misfits meet?

Loved this issue. More Doctor Spectrum please Marvel
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Loved this issue. More Doctor Spectrum please Marvel
    Yeah, I really dig this issue as well. I think this book is one of the most underrated titles out there right now.