Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default R-Rated "Batman v Superman" Ultimate Cut May Be Over 3 Hours Long

The extended, R-rated version of Zack Snyder's "Dawn of Justice" will reportedly feature an additional half hour of footage.

Full article here.

That's kind of ridiculous. My girlfriend watches all these super hero movies with me, and she quite enjoyed Man of Steel, but there's no way she's going to sit there for 3 freaking hours.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1AngelFan View Post
    That's kind of ridiculous. My girlfriend watches all these super hero movies with me, and she quite enjoyed Man of Steel, but there's no way she's going to sit there for 3 freaking hours.
    I could comment with a "they have this thing called the pause button", but I won't. Yeah 3 hrs....I'd probably watch a bit here and a bit there...3 hrs is a long time. Hell I have all the extended cuts of all the Hobbit/LotR movies and I can't even watch those in one sitting.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I feel like the movie needs more than a half hour to make the plot make sense.

Even though I'm really looking forward to this, I still have no idea why Warner Bros. won't just release the original four-hour cut of the film, as detailed by the movie's editor.
    What is the point of letting your director film a four-hour movie, if you have no intention of releasing it, even on home video?
    Instead of saying 'great screenplay, just get it down to a concise form,' they let Snyder film a four-hour story, and both they, and he, agree to cut an hour and a half out of it, as if those ninety minutes (unbelievably) don't serve the story in any way, shape, or form.
    Still definitely purchasing the Ultimate Cut, but I'd much rather buy the Kitchen Sink cut, Warner Bros.
    Pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixrisingxl21 View Post
    Even though I'm really looking forward to this, I still have no idea why Warner Bros. won't just release the original four-hour cut of the film, as detailed by the movie's editor.
    What is the point of letting your director film a four-hour movie, if you have no intention of releasing it, even on home video?
    Instead of saying 'great screenplay, just get it down to a concise form,' they let Snyder film a four-hour story, and both they, and he, agree to cut an hour and a half out of it, as if those ninety minutes (unbelievably) don't serve the story in any way, shape, or form.
    Still definitely purchasing the Ultimate Cut, but I'd much rather buy the Kitchen Sink cut, Warner Bros.
    Pretty please.
    You know how this stuff works, They'll sell it to you ten years from now in the anniversary edition or with the DCEU boxset.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

MOOOOOAR SUBPLOTS!!!

But seriously, though. I haven't seen this (not a fan of MoS and didn't like the word-of-mouth from this one), but I'm all for those who enjoyed it getting a more fleshed out version.

I'll likely wait until it hits Redbox/Netflix and see it then, if only out of morbid curiosity.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    I could comment with a "they have this thing called the pause button", but I won't. Yeah 3 hrs....I'd probably watch a bit here and a bit there...3 hrs is a long time. Hell I have all the extended cuts of all the Hobbit/LotR movies and I can't even watch those in one sitting.
    The good thing about the LOTR extended editions is that there's a disc break (even on bluray). So you can watch half one night, get a clean break and finish it the next.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

This has been known for quite some time. Not sure why it's "news".
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

What would be news is a confirmation or a solid denial of whether or not that extended cut will be released to theaters before coming to home video.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    The good thing about the LOTR extended editions is that there's a disc break (even on bluray). So you can watch half one night, get a clean break and finish it the next.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by #1AngelFan View Post

Yeah. This I agree with. Especially if it is in a theater. At home a 3 hour movie is a diff beast, but in the theater, no way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Unretribud View Post
    You know how this stuff works, They'll sell it to you ten years from now in the anniversary edition or with the DCEU boxset.
    Or even worse, release it early in theaters, as part of an AMC Justice League Marathon Night when that movie comes out.
    Lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    You can do that with any video disc. As someone else said, "pause button."

I'm generally not a fan of making movies even longer, and when BvS' original theater runtime of 2 1/2 hours was announced, I thought it sounded too long. But when I saw the movie, it pretty much zipped by. So I might be willing to give the expanded version a look see.

Extraordinary Member

A little too long for me.