Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Iwantit!iwantitnow!!

This looks really good. This could be a thing of beauty. It's almost like Batman: Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal spinning off into an ongoing series. And with this shipping twice monthly, there will be plenty of pages to give time to focus on all of the characters. The writer has done well with these group of characters before, and the art is beautiful. This preview took me from maybe...but probably not getting this comic...to now probably getting this comic. I will get the Rebirth one shot, and if it sparks my interest, I will then get the ongoing. I always wanted a Batman Family team ongoing book. With this comic described by the writer as..."The Batman Family team book fans have dreamed of"...and this preview looking like that dream becoming a reality...this truly has the chance to be the Batman Family team book fans have dreamed of.

Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Hmm. I remember Tynion describing this scene, and he was pretty emphatic that Azrael was taken out brutally. And that... didn't seem all that brutal to me.

But from these new pages I can almost see where the tension lines are going to be drawn in the new Bat-team, which is good, I guess. However, this Colony group seems like another one of those bland "super-prepared for every situation" type villains who are impossible to defeat until they're not, because reasons. Hopefully that's not the case.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-04-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I guessing Azrael does not join the team as this is the first I've heard of him.
    As long as he back!

Newsarama can go to hell...

Can someone post the preview pages, pretty please

BANNED

Wish Cass had a different mask (one with bat ears). Oh well. Looking forward to this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Hmm. I remember Tynion describing this scene, and he was pretty emphatic that Azrael was taken out brutally. And that... didn't seem all that brutal to me.

But from these new pages I can almost see where the tension lines are going to be drawn in the new Bat-team, which is good, I guess. However, this Colony group seems like another one of those bland "super-prepared for every situation" type villains who are impossible to defeat until they're not, because reasons. Hopefully that's not the case.
    I kind of adore how crazy the Bat-gang is going with the animal group naming themes. I mean it was clever and fun to elevate the "Court" into a Parliament of Owls (because a Parliament is the proper name for a group of owls, natch) and now we're getting a Colony of Bats or something. Can't wait for Scarecrow to officially dub his gang the Murder of Crows and for longtime M.I.A. villain "The Raven" to return without his partner The Wasp because he's now leading a gang called "The Unpleasantness," who naturally are going to be at war with his ex-partner Wasp and his "Swarm". Or for the Terrible Trio's "Fox" to return, to take Lucius captive, to once more manipulate Lucius's son (Timothy or Luke, whatever, same character) to becoming "The Fox" again, and to call the gang "The Skulk".
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Positive I've witnessed Damian Wayne hang a Talon using his weight as leverage.
    Which is btw. something that would even be impossible if Damian had superstrength.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Man I wish batman's creative team was King/Barrows/Janin. That would've been perfection.

BANNED

The preview seemed fairly light on dialogue, seemed more focused on art and action. I hope that's not a bad sign for the writing quality of this series. I recently re-read the Joker: Endgame trade which included some issues written by Tynion. I can't speak for his more recent work, but in Endgame he comes off as someone with the potential to be a pretty great writer, but isn't quite there yet. Maybe the fact that Detective is entirely his story and he doesn't have to collaborate with other writers, like in Endgame and the Eternals, will have a positive impact on his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    The preview seemed fairly light on dialogue, seemed more focused on art and action. I hope that's not a bad sign for the writing quality of this series. I recently re-read the Joker: Endgame trade which included some issues written by Tynion. I can't speak for his more recent work, but in Endgame he comes off as someone with the potential to be a pretty great writer, but isn't quite there yet. Maybe the fact that Detective is entirely his story and he doesn't have to collaborate with other writers, like in Endgame and the Eternals, will have a positive impact on his work.
    I was glad to finally see some dialogue, because from what I can tell everyone's "voice" is correct, but now that you mention it it does seem a bit sparse.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)