Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Not so much focused on the art as the story tbh. Looking forward to this.
    I'm fighting with myself to buy this book.

Who knows Zub give us a Tbolts/Black Widow team-up?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    There's no Tbolts without Melissa.

Agreed! And where's Tom Grummett when you need him?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ugh. I bailed on Kot's Winter Soldier run (still stayed with that waaaay too long hoping it would get better) because it was garbage. This looks like it might be relatively well written, but it's ugly. I love Bucky, and I don't mind several of the Thunderbolts characters, but I just have too many other comics that I could spend my money on. Maybe if they get an artist more to my taste down the road, but for now I'll have to pass. Someday I'll be able to read one of my favorite characters again, I hope.

Also, why is Moonstone in the Meteorite version of her costume instead of the Moonstone costume she's worn for ages? I saw her in Standoff and actually had to stop and take a moment to figure out which character it was meant to be, since it's been so long since we've seen this version. I don't actually care which suit they use, mind you, I'm just curious if a reason was given for her to change back into this outfit.
    In the grand tradition of Marvel, just like how Fixer is back, never explained. It's even stranger when you consider that most of her teammates changed from their usual look to their Thunderbolts look between Standoff and this so at least to make it less jarring they could have had her dressed as Moonstone in the event and Meteorite in this book.
    There's no Tbolts without Melissa.

Melissa is too busy blowing her first chance at being an Avenger by selling them out to SHIELD. And if she'd do that to genuine heroes, imagine what she'd do to a group composed mostly of jailbreakers going around wrecking SHIELD.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-02-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In the grand tradition of Marvel, just like how Fixer is back, never explained. It's even stranger when you consider that most of her teammates changed from their usual look to their Thunderbolts look between Standoff and this so at least to make it less jarring they could have had her dressed as Moonstone in the event and Meteorite in this book.
    costumes are, usually, symbolic of something; even moreso in Karla's case. maybe she's feeling less like a villain. or maybe she wants people to think that she's feeling less villainous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well, to be fair, considering the Fixer-situation - the entire Universe was recently rebooted, and there are a bunch of characters on mainline Earth that don't belong there, or have been incorporated into the world somehow (Miles Morales), so you could always brush it aside with that if you're the writer, or if you're a fan, just no-prize i with that.

Spectacular Member

What a waist of Bucky/Winter Soldier (thye really need to give me a new name)

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

The art is bad, but we've known taht was coming for a while. It looks a BIT better in mid shots and close-ups, but still not that great. But the FEET!

Yep.

Another page. I little better than others...
    Well, it looks okay here (besides, again, THE FEET), but the weirdness on Bucky's metal arm in that last panel... perspective fail. I'm gonna wait for the trade, after I hear the writing's amazing or something, because... ugh.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 05-04-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Language
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

What a pity, I thought that even with that bad art, at least this first issue would have something of what make special the book when was started on 1997 but this was a huge disappointment, practically I can´t recognize those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    What a pity, I thought that even with that bad art, at least this first issue would have something of what make special the book when was started on 1997 but this was a huge disappointment, practically I can´t recognize those characters.
    The problem is, its a low level Black Ops series similar to the last one, but missing the heart that Charles Soule had. I mean, this is full of a lot of my favorite characters and while its issue 1. We have no idea how Abe Jenkins went from super villain patrol officer in the last few years to in Pleasant Hill and now at MACH-X. I remember in Superior Foes he was at MACH-8 and I even asked Nick Spencer: What happen to MACH VI-VII. He responded: He did the upgrades and they didn't work so he went to now. Like Windows going from 8 to 10. We never got an explanation on where Windows 9 went. I thought was kind of a coy, even a passing phrase would have worked. While I like the design, we hear nothing, we have no idea how Fixer got out of the time paradox. While the team being together makes sense, there is no revelation, like if they were really working for Zemo or SHIELD or that Steve put the team together similar to his Secret Avengers. They are just there to do what they do and there are no shockers or anything. Its very lackluster.
    Mooper Films

Amazing Member

Why does the newsarama reviewer keep saying Malin's art looks like Liefeld's art style? Malin's art looks like Sean Chen's art style.

Sean Chen's art style example.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

People are obsessing over the art, which doesn't look good, but won't keep me away. But then, I thought jefte Palo was the best. So we'll see.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Velour Fog View Post
    i like the art better than carnage and some of the newer issues of invincible iron man

i will read in the hopes of ghost's return
    Ghost is in the newest issue of "Amazing Spider-Man", # 12. He easily defeats Tony and Peter and dissolves both of their companies. Well, not really. But at least he shows up. This is the second time Slott has used Ghost, I hope that means he has plans for him long-term. Ghost is a great character who needs some page-time.

So has anyone actually read this yet?

While I didn't find it amazing, It definitely wasn't terrible. I quite enjoyed it actually. And the art really isn't all that bad. Once you make your way through the first few pages, you get pretty used to it.

Character wise, everyone besides Abe, seemed pretty accurate. However, he wasn't featured as much as the other T-Bolts, so maybe that will change.

As of right now, I will be picking up the next issue.

i'm torn on the current issue. the characters all look familiar. but they read as if they have all be de-aged (mostly Abe and Josten). I'll avoid the spoilery stuff.