Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daredevil #6 Spoilers and huge Elektra revelation!

Don't normally start issue/review threads but it seems like no one on CBR does it anymore now so I'll give it a go! The issue is split into two parts, the present being Daredevil's battle with Elektra and the past being Matt meeting up with Elektra and her asking to arrange a meeting for her with DD. Matt muses on what the affect of his mindwipe is on her and also his other partners now they don't remember that he and DD are one and the same. Do they all think they were cheating on Matt with his alter ego? He remembers Elektra being in a relationship with him when he was active as Daredevil which as far as I can remember never actually happened? They nearly got back together during Elektra's Nineties series but never actually went through with it and dumping their then current partners.

The fight scene is particularly ferocious as Elektra beats him to a pulp and also breaks Blindspot's arm when he tries to intervene! Matt eventually demands to know why she is doing this too him which leads to a rather shocking last page reveal...Elektra has a daughter and thinks Daredevil has done something to her!

Quite how this can be reconciled with all Elektra's previous appearances and series is yet to be seen but this could be a really interesting new direction for her. We don't know how old the child is and who the Father is. I'm assuming it's not Matt's and would be absolutely shocked if it was The Punisher. Can't wait for the next issue to find out more!

Best issue since #1 IMO. Buffagni's art isn't quite to Garney's level but it's very solid, and the muted coloring palette really helps blend the styles. I thought the Tenfingers story dragged a little but this really gave the book a shot in the arm.

Wondering if Elektra actually has a daughter or if her thinking she does is a consequence of the mindwipe.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Best issue since #1 IMO. Buffagni's art isn't quite to Garney's level but it's very solid, and the muted coloring palette really helps blend the styles. I thought the Tenfingers story dragged a little but this really gave the book a shot in the arm.

Wondering if Elektra actually has a daughter or if her thinking she does is a consequence of the mindwipe.
    I agree this was the best issue of the series since the relaunch. Buffagni's art was excellent IMO and I preferred it to Garney's. I have read speculation that maybe Elektra only thinks she has a child because of the mind wipe but I would wonder exactly how that could happen? How losing a memory would then create a false one about giving birth?

Really liked this issue. Buffagni's art is much better and easier to look at than Garney's. He draws a great Elektra too! Really looking forward to the next issue and what it all means for Elektra.

Thought this was another good issue. I've been enjoying the entire series, which seems to be the unpopular opinion. I also prefer Garney's art.. another seemingly unpopular opinion. But this issue was enjoyable. I don't like how often I'm seeing Daredevil get the pulp beaten out of him though. In both comics and television.

BANNED

I got to admit that Soule truly did outdone himself with this issue as I never expected a twist like this to end.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I've just been commenting in the main DD thread, but I'm happy to post my thoughts here. I thought this issue was fun. I like the exploration of the consequences of the mindwipe and how it leads to some awkward consequences. This shows the change wasn't just a lazy flip of a switch, but will lead to story potential on its own.

Otherwise, the issue was noteworthy for the fight scene. I liked that it was quite brutal. I still want an issue where Daredevil takes the day off and we see Matt's life, but the action tends to be Soule's strength so far.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Don't normally start issue/review threads but it seems like no one on CBR does it anymore now so I'll give it a go! The issue is split into two parts, the present being Daredevil's battle with Elektra and the past being Matt meeting up with Elektra and her asking to arrange a meeting for her with DD. Matt muses on what the affect of his mindwipe is on her and also his other partners now they don't remember that he and DD are one and the same. Do they all think they were cheating on Matt with his alter ego? He remembers Elektra being in a relationship with him when he was active as Daredevil which as far as I can remember never actually happened? They nearly got back together during Elektra's Nineties series but never actually went through with it and dumping their then current partners.

The fight scene is particularly ferocious as Elektra beats him to a pulp and also breaks Blindspot's arm when he tries to intervene! Matt eventually demands to know why she is doing this too him which leads to a rather shocking last page reveal...Elektra has a daughter and thinks Daredevil has done something to her!

Quite how this can be reconciled with all Elektra's previous appearances and series is yet to be seen but this could be a really interesting new direction for her. We don't know how old the child is and who the Father is. I'm assuming it's not Matt's and would be absolutely shocked if it was The Punisher. Can't wait for the next issue to find out more!
    If Punisher is indeed the father of Elektra's daughter, the jokes about Punisher and his "gun going off quickly" kind of write themselves (oh come on you all were thinking it)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

I feel like the daughter could have been from her period after leaving university?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I feel like the daughter could have been from her period after leaving university?
    That's pretty much the only place they could insert a mystery child.

Just caught up. I wonder if Mephisto had this happen just for the horrible humor.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I know time related questions are difficult to answer in the comic world but... How long of a time has it been since Matt and Elektra were in university?

Hm. That might be tough to answer accurately, but I'm thinking 10-15 years.

That's what feels right, anyway, always read Elektra as being at least mid 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I know it can be retconned this way but it would be hugely problematic to reconcile that she has had a secret child for her entire publication history that wasn't even so much as hinted at during her last three ongoings! I'm wondering if she was born during the 8 month gap post Secret Wars, that would be the easiest way to bring her in.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm thinking either Eight Month gap or something recent but slightly earlier. Obviously, the pressing question is whether it's Matt's kid or not. Apparently Matt and Elektra were together during Peter Milligan's run on Elektra (didn't read, so I'm taking someone else's word for it). A kid born then would make more sense if we're talking Matt and Elektra's kid.

The floating timeline makes age impossible to tell. I put Matt at about thirty, which means nine years since undergraduate education and six years since Law School. You can probably get away with adding two to three years on top of that, but I wouldn't push it much more than that. Really, you're just not supposed to think about it too much.