Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Rogue and Storm were like sisters on the Fox X-Men show. Why is it different in the 616?

They've had Rogue play teacher and Storm marry Black Panther and then all of that Wolverine and the X-Men stuff. But if you ever watched the Fox show, Rogue and Storm were basically best friends. They were always partnering up and basically watching out for another. Rogue was like Storm's personal protector on that show..lol.

They ended up sharing a lot of screen time by virtue of the fact they were only members of the team that could fly, so any time an aerial battle took place they were there.

But I don't think it's especially different in the comics. They've known each other a long time, but I think there's generally been a more pronounced age difference between the two so their relationship is a bit different.

BANNED

Because Storm's old enough to be her mother.

Cause the cartoon is a different reality and Storm and Rogue didn't get to develop the same way. Plus, yeah the age thing is probably it. People often forget that Rogue is pretty much in line with the New Mutants in terms of generation. I say their close enough in the comics.

Jean tripped and/or passed out every other episode.

Lets be HAPPY there are these differences, eh?

The question is why were they like this on the cartoon, not the other way around. The showrunners obviously liked Rogue a lot more than Jean, who is Storm's real best friend, so they used her just to faint and as a plot point for Scott and Logan.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 04-29-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    They ended up sharing a lot of screen time by virtue of the fact they were only members of the team that could fly, so any time an aerial battle took place they were there.

But I don't think it's especially different in the comics. They've known each other a long time, but I think there's generally been a more pronounced age difference between the two so their relationship is a bit different.
    Wasn't Rogue on Storm's Extreme X-Men even when she was depowered, she was like co-leader. I think the team was operating out of Rogue's house.

Plus they were on the Outback team together. It's not that Storm is any less close to Rogue, it's that she is just as close to Jean. So yeah I think she is close friends with Rogue and Jean both in 616 comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    They've had Rogue play teacher and Storm marry Black Panther and then all of that Wolverine and the X-Men stuff. But if you ever watched the Fox show, Rogue and Storm were basically best friends. They were always partnering up and basically watching out for another. Rogue was like Storm's personal protector on that show..lol.
    I didn't think they're relationship was so bad in the comics during the Claremont era (before the animated show was made). But I could understand why there would be some tension seeing as Storm was the leader of the team and the welfare of the team was her concern; she would be justified in not trusting a former villain too easily. Thankfully, Rogue had plenty of opportunities to earn their trust. They also make a pretty good tag team in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

xP

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Like Samwise Gamgee. In this show Rogue and Storm had a friendship like Sam and Frodo.
    Storm’s the Frodo to Rogue’s Sam because they’re like sisters and encouraging one another as well as protecting each other, they were like sisters. But that’s just my opinion, it doesn’t really have to be anyone else’s.
    Last edited by Mar; 09-21-2019 at 01:51 PM.

BANNED

Where is this coming from?????

Storm and Rogue are good friends. Rogue is not Jean status, but Storm and Rogue has their tough patches. But in the End they are very good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Where is this coming from?????

Storm and Rogue are good friends. Rogue is not Jean status, but Storm and Rogue has their tough patches. But in the End they are very good friends.
    As I love both characters a lot and have kept a good eye on them, I find they are not good friends.

Storm did not want Rogue on the team and she has always kept her distance with Rogue. They are good colleagues, fighting for the same course. They have been on the same teams for many times, most notable the long periods of the Outback and X-Treme. But more than colleagues who tolerate each other it never came. They might respect en protect one another, yes. But there is a lot of difference between being friends (which Ororo is with Jean and Kitty) and co-members of a team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    As I love both characters a lot and have kept a good eye on them, I find they are not good friends.

Storm did not want Rogue on the team and she has always kept her distance with Rogue. They are good colleagues, fighting for the same course. They have been on the same teams for many times, most notable the long periods of the Outback and X-Treme. But more than colleagues who tolerate each other it never came. They might respect en protect one another, yes. But there is a lot of difference between being friends (which Ororo is with Jean and Kitty) and co-members of a team.
    That’s not true. Storm lost her powers protecting Rogue. When Storm died in X-Treme X-Men Rogue cried so much over her death. Then when Storm came back to life and Rogue died Storm mourned her death. I’ve kept a close eye on Storms relationships with everyone and yes they do respect each other fight with each other and are Good Friends. Storm has not treated Rogue any other kind of way but a family member. It’s Emma Frost that Storm treats as a colleague and tolerated her.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-20-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s not true. Storm lost her powers protecting Rogue. When Storm died in X-Treme X-Men Rogue cried so much over her death. Then when Storm came back to life and Rogue died Storm mourned her death. I’ve kept a close eye on Storms relationships with everyone and yes they do respect each other fight with each other and are Good Friends. Storm has not treated Rogue any other kind of way but a family member. It’s Emma Frost that Storm treats as a colleague and tolerated her.
    Storm lost her powers not protecting Rogue. Storm lost her powers because she was SET UP by Mystique, who was told by Irene Adler that whoever went after Rogue would suffer the same fate meant for Rogue and Mystique kept quiet about it during a meeting her and Storm had after Rogue ran away in UXM#185. This was a Claremont story in Marvel Fanfare #40.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All-New Member

Default Edit of my comment

Like Samwise Gamgee. In this show I think Storm and Rogue had a friendship like Sam and Frodo. Storm’s the Frodo to Rogue’s Samwise but it’s just my opinion, it doesn’t have to be someone else’s

All-New Member

Default Edit of my comment

Like Samwise Gamgee. In this show I think Storm and Rogue had a friendship like Sam and Frodo. Storm’s the Frodo to Rogue’s Samwise but it’s just my opinion, it doesn’t have to be someone else’s