Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Storm, Psylocke, and Dazzler held Rogue at a distance for a long time in the 80s. They'd work together on the surface, but whenever the issue of Carol would prop up, they got judgmental incredibly fast.

Which is fine, Rogue did cause them a lot of problems and hurt one of their allies, but I felt like they were ignoring Xavier's teachings by acting like that. Xavier saw potential in Rogue and that while she motivated by selfish reasons, she was not evil in the way the X-Men had been thinking she was. I think Storm and the others ignored how young Rogue was and how she ended up with Mystique and the others. She was adopted by Mystique and raised to be a terrorist. And instead of being sympathetic or trying to reach out to a misguided youth, they just labeled her and showed anger.

I think their experience with Rogue would open them up more to be more forgiving of people with bad pasts (Magneto, Emma, etc...) but Rogue being the first had the hardest initiation into the X-Men and the most undeserved one at that considering her circumstances. Oh well, in the end, her relationship with the X-Men improved and she got them to fully trust her.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-29-2016 at 04:25 PM.