Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Storm, Psylocke, and Dazzler held Rogue at a distance for a long time in the 80s. They'd work together on the surface, but whenever the issue of Carol would prop up, they got judgmental incredibly fast.

Which is fine, Rogue did cause them a lot of problems and hurt one of their allies, but I felt like they were ignoring Xavier's teachings by acting like that. Xavier saw potential in Rogue and that while she motivated by selfish reasons, she was not evil in the way the X-Men had been thinking she was. I think Storm and the others ignored how young Rogue was and how she ended up with Mystique and the others. She was adopted by Mystique and raised to be a terrorist. And instead of being sympathetic or trying to reach out to a misguided youth, they just labeled her and showed anger.

I think their experience with Rogue would open them up more to be more forgiving of people with bad pasts (Magneto, Emma, etc...) but Rogue being the first had the hardest initiation into the X-Men and the most undeserved one at that considering her circumstances. Oh well, in the end, her relationship with the X-Men improved and she got them to fully trust her.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-29-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Storm has always been a major bitch to Rogue in the comics. Rogue proved herself worthy as an X-Man and as a good person, but Storm never trusted her and would always end up backstabbing her. She would always take Carol Danvers' side over Rogue's, when their friendship was extremely exaggerated in the comics.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Storm to me seemed like a Dr. Jeckle/ Mr.Hyde to Rogue in 616. Storm could be nice and caring to Rogue like in UXM#184. On the other hand, Storm can let her arragant self-rightousness control her like in UXM#244. Also, back in the 1980's, it seemed Claremont wrote Rogue more of being a tomboy, getting along far more with the guys (Logan, Kurt, Peter, Alex, Scott, Longshot) than the gals (Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Ali, Betsy). I think Betsy's problem was that she was an English SNOB, who looked down her nose at the Southern "River rat".

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Storm, Psylocke, and Dazzler held Rogue at a distance for a long time in the 80s. They'd work together on the surface, but whenever the issue of Carol would prop up, they got judgmental incredibly fast.

Which is fine, Rogue did cause them a lot of problems and hurt one of their allies, but I felt like they were ignoring Xavier's teachings by acting like that. Xavier saw potential in Rogue and that while she motivated by selfish reasons, she was not evil in the way the X-Men had been thinking she was. I think Storm and the others ignored how young Rogue was and how she ended up with Mystique and the others. She was adopted by Mystique and raised to be a terrorist. And instead of being sympathetic or trying to reach out to a misguided youth, they just labeled her and showed anger.

I think their experience with Rogue would open them up more to be more forgiving of people with bad pasts (Magneto, Emma, etc...) but Rogue being the first had the hardest initiation into the X-Men and the least undeserved one at that considering her circumstances. Oh well, in the end, her relationship with the X-Men improved and she got them to fully trust her.
    Problem is that Ali or Betsy never met Carol Danvers prior to becoming X-men. Storm had never met Carol Danvers prior to Avengers Annual #10. Only Logan had been Close to Carol prior to coming to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    It's like me and Jen, bestfriends forever.
    LOL!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    LOL!!
    I was waiting for you to respond.

Our favorite heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Problem is that Ali or Betsy never met Carol Danvers prior to becoming X-men. Storm had never met Carol Danvers prior to Avengers Annual #10. Only Logan had been Close to Carol prior to coming to the X-Men.
    They did seem to take it very personally, but I think CC was just trying to create drama. On a narrative perspective, maybe to show how their views of morality would later evolve to not be so black and white? Each of them have gone on to do morally questionable things, so say past Betsy vs Betsy now would have a lot of things to argue over lol.

Dazzler I think was the only one where it made sense to hold a lot of righteous indignation, considering she was harassed a lot by Rogue.

Even in the 1990's, there was very little interaction between Rogue and Jean Grey. Why?

Even in the 1990's, there was very little interaction between Rogue and Jean Grey. Why?
    Probably because when Rogue joined the X-Men, and also her entire villain and Mystique backstory happened, Jean was dead.

Probably because they were on different teams I suppose. The blue/gold thing could be pretty distinct when it started. About the only time Jean interacted with Betsy is when she was flirting with Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    They've had Rogue play teacher and Storm marry Black Panther and then all of that Wolverine and the X-Men stuff. But if you ever watched the Fox show, Rogue and Storm were basically best friends. They were always partnering up and basically watching out for another. Rogue was like Storm's personal protector on that show..lol.
    I didn't think they're relationship was so bad in the comics during the Claremont era (before the animated show was made). But I could understand why there would be some tension seeing as Storm was the leader of the team and the welfare of the team was her concern; she would be justified in not trusting a former villain too easily. Thankfully, Rogue had plenty of opportunities to earn their trust. They also make a pretty good tag team in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

xP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I was waiting for you to respond.

Our favorite heroes!

That one's a keeper!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Storm's just never been good with dealing with young very immature people. Even in her relationship with Kitty, Storm lost it on her a couple of times. The woman is known for her moodiness and she never had to check herself in that regard unless she was with Forge or the Professor.

Meanwhile Ali was a big antagonist to Ali so it made sense for her to keep the girl at a distance. Rogue was kind of a special needs child when she joined up with the x-folk.

Storm to me seemed like a Dr. Jeckle/ Mr.Hyde to Rogue in 616. Storm could be nice and caring to Rogue like in UXM#184. On the other hand, Storm can let her arragant self-rightousness control her like in UXM#244. Also, back in the 1980's, it seemed Claremont wrote Rogue more of being a tomboy, getting along far more with the guys (Logan, Kurt, Peter, Alex, Scott, Longshot) than the gals (Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Ali, Betsy). I think Betsy's problem was that she was an English SNOB, who looked down her nose at the Southern "River rat".
    Hello there, it's been a LONG time! (Comixfan!)

In regards to the scene in Uncanny X-men #244, Rogue is having a temper tantrum/meltdown in regards to Carol taking control. She's throwing her bed and other pieces of furniture through the wall, not realizing that the objects were endangering her teammates. Once she calms down and the team gathers their bearings to assess the situation, Rogue runs up to Betsy and tells her that she can "wipe Danvers from my head!". Betsy says, "doubtful, given the unique nature of Carol's own psyche". I can hardly read your thoughts, Rogue, much less erase them. Even if it were possible, it would not be right.

Betsy wasn't being a snob, her morals just differed from Rogue's regarding her situation with Carol. Even if Betsy didn't know Carol that well, she was still a person who's psyche was trapped in the body of another. I'm sure Betsy felt it would be akin to committing murder.

Rogue then began her accusations about everyone choosing Carol over her and that they wished she was the one that they'd get rid of. That's when Storm grabbed her and told her to stop and that it was her decision to attack Carol. It was an accident, but Storm goes on to say that it's fair punishment for what she's going through. That last bit was tough for Rogue to hear. On one hand, I believe that Carol shouldn't have been wiped from Rogue's mind, but I also think that Storm could've left out the part about Rogue's situation being a fair punishment.

I know people who've made one dumb decision while young and have spent years making up for it, but that bad choice still affects them. I guess this is where we get into those morally gray areas!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    They did seem to take it very personally, but I think CC was just trying to create drama. On a narrative perspective, maybe to show how their views of morality would later evolve to not be so black and white? Each of them have gone on to do morally questionable things, so say past Betsy vs Betsy now would have a lot of things to argue over lol.
    I think it was more of CC trying to show the morals of the team. As for past Betsy vs. current Betsy? Hmmm, maybe. Betsy did kill Kaptain Briton when he tried to rape her way back in the days before she became Psylocke. Though she snapped so it'd be considered self-defense. She wanted Brian to kill Slaymaster when they fought after he killed almost everyone she worked closely with (and were her friends) during her S.T.R.I.K.E. days. That would be more of a revenge killing. When she joined the X-men, she suggested killing Havok.

So I guess the difference now is that since those early days, Betsy has killed without even trying, which her past self would see that as a problem lol.
    Last edited by Drey; 04-29-2016 at 08:19 PM.

BANNED

It was a fair punishment. Justice served. That's why I don't appreciate Kamala Khan being written to give Rogue a bloody lip over what happened to Carol. I understand she's Marvel's little darling but that was uncalled for and quite frankly impossible unless she possessed strength equal to Rogue. What a joke that was.