Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC Comics' July Highlights: "Batgirl," "Nightwing" and a "New Super-Man"

CBR examines the solicitations for Rebirth Month Two to find must-reads for July, including two books each for Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson.

Full article here.

BANNED

Booth's art is gonna kill Titans for me
    But I'm gonna give it a shot.

I really feel like the timing is off with this, as is the messaging. I still don't understand what Rebirth is
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

If Richard Dragon is a Kung Fu Fighter why would he be in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR Article View Post
    Arguably one of the biggest stars coming out of the New 52 is the newly reimagined Batgirl as conceived by Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart and Babs Tarr.
    Someone didn't bother to check out Batgirl's sales. pssst....big stars equal big sales

Quote Originally Posted by CBR Article View Post
    The cast is rock solid and Dan Abnett is a master of epic storytelling...
    And with this fib, you know you've just read a commercial.
    Last edited by Ropeburn; 04-29-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny_anonymous View Post
    If Richard Dragon is a Kung Fu Fighter why would he be in Japan?
    Probably a slip-up by the writer.

The solicitation for "Justice League" #1 teases that one of the 'new' members is Superman. Here's hoping that means that Kong Kenan is suiting up for the Justice League. Who is that you ask? Read on.
    Do the people who write these articles do any research? The Superman it's referring to is clearly pre-Flashpoint Superman.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: REBIRTH #1
    Written by BRYAN HITCH
    Art by BRYAN HITCH
    Cover by TONY S. DANIEL
    Variant cover by JOE MADUREIRA
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Spinning out of the events of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, a new day dawns for Earth's greatest heroes as they welcome three new members to the team, including...Superman? Who is this strange visitor from a dead world -- and can he be trusted? Batman and Wonder Woman aren't so sure.
    Unless of course they are calling China a dead world.

Spectacular Member

That's a whole lot of horsesh ... eh - hyperbole
    Kind of desperate.

Bryan Hitch the sole writer on JL?
    A flagship book that ships twice a month!
    Have editorial forgotten Hitch's terrible track record of delays every 2 or 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    That's a whole lot of horsesh ... eh - hyperbole
    Kind of desparate.

Bryan Hitch the sole writer on JL?
    A flagship book that ships twice a month!
    Have editorial forgotten Hitch's terrible track record of delays every 2 or 3 months?
    I think it's usually his art that causes the delays. With the exception of the Rebirth issue he will only be on writing duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I really feel like the timing is off with this, as is the messaging. I still don't understand what Rebirth is
    Rebirth is designed to be a return to the style of storytelling DC had before they created the "New52", bringing back the legacy of DC, without getting destroying what they gained with the New52. Expect to see the return of the classic JSA and maybe even some more pre-Flashpoint characters. Such as the already confirmed Ted Kord(Blue Beetle) as a mentor the current Blue Beetle, Jaime Reyes.

I am intrigued by many of the Rebirth titles. However I feel the Asian super man is getting lower tiered by his hero name alone. Really? They could not give him his own interesting identity even using Supes powers? He will always be referred as not real or 2nd Superman I feel. Hope not but yeah. I just think they could have used the powers idea to build a new hero with his own moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishard View Post
    I am intrigued by many of the Rebirth titles. However I feel the Asian super man is getting lower tiered by his hero name alone. Really? They could not give him his own interesting identity even using Supes powers? He will always be referred as not real or 2nd Superman I feel. Hope not but yeah. I just think they could have used the powers idea to build a new hero with his own moniker.
    It seems he is bestowed New52 Superman's powers, along with New52 Lois, as part of the fallout from the current Final Days story running through the Superman titles. I think he will start out a pawn to the Chinesse government. If you aren't reading it you should, it's really good.

But I agree with you that they should have made him his own hero. But I think DC is a little scared to stray too far away from their flagship characters at the moment.

Is the artist on Nightwing (Fernandez), the same crappy artist from Red Hood / Arsenal?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Personally Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps is the book I'm most looking forward to from DC in July. But Titans is a close second as Titans Hunt has been a pretty enjoyable series so far.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

That Tony Daniel Justice League cover sucks. Especially for an artist of his caliber and especially for a #1, and especially for a book with as high a profile as that. It's boring thematically and it looks like he spent little time on it.