Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The Fantastic Four can't be brought back under Marvel's direct control fast enough. It's way past time that the fans got to see a live action Hulk vs Thing battle like happens in the comics on a recurring basis.

You have to have a compelling actor as Ben Grimm, and have Mark Ruffalo return as the Hulk.

Have this take place in a place that is unpopulated and avoid the carnage of Man of Steel.
    Pass no more hero vs hero I'm sick of that I allso don't care if a fight is in a populated or unpopulated place and finally I never really liked ruffalo as the hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Why? All their fights invariably end with Hulk always with the upper hand. I don't see what's compelling about this match up.
    Because it's a classic brawl.

Yeah Hulk always had the clear advantage, even more so nowadays. But there was a classic charm to it, the two characters butted heads not because of some contrived 'let's you and him fight' scenario, but because it was in their characters to do so.

Not to mention that back in the day you'd get most of an issue, maybe more dedicated to a single brawl, rather than the single page fights we get now.

Thing vs Hulk used to be a real chance for the artist to cut loose and give us a spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Because it's a classic brawl.

Yeah Hulk always had the clear advantage, even more so nowadays. But there was a classic charm to it, the two characters butted heads not because of some contrived 'let's you and him fight' scenario, but because it was in their characters to do so.

Not to mention that back in the day you'd get most of an issue, maybe more dedicated to a single brawl, rather than the single page fights we get now.

Thing vs Hulk used to be a real chance for the artist to cut loose and give us a spectacle.
    I totally agree with this.

The early EARLY fights were especially good because Thing right away discovered he was outgunned. What proceeded was him often using his smarts to keep it even. Manipulating the environment, setting hazards etc. Like trapping him in a steel beam or whatever.

That doesn't happen these days. Now its "graah punch ur face" and then he gets 2 shot
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I totally agree with this.

The early EARLY fights were especially good because Thing right away discovered he was outgunned. What proceeded was him often using his smarts to keep it even. Manipulating the environment, setting hazards etc. Like trapping him in a steel beam or whatever.

That doesn't happen these days. Now its "graah punch ur face" and then he gets 2 shot
    I feel that has more to do with the writing these days than anything.

How much page time is devoted to action anymore?

Edit: I do think Grimm needs a powerup. Nothing outrageous, (flying around blasting lazers out his ears,) but maybe just give him a call he strength he had when he was a Pineapple, but with the more classic look.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 10-18-2018 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I feel that has more to do with the writing these days than anything.

How much page time is devoted to action anymore?

Edit: I do think Grimm needs a powerup. Nothing outrageous, (flying around blasting lazers out his ears,) but maybe just give him a call he strength he had when he was a Pineapple, but with the more classic look.
    I disagree, having Ben Grimm flying around proudly blasting his Ear Lasers would be awesome beyond words. Mainly because it would require him to grow Gilbert Gottfried ears to shoot lasers out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I disagree, having Ben Grimm flying around proudly blasting his Ear Lasers would be awesome beyond words. Mainly because it would require him to grow Gilbert Gottfried ears to shoot lasers out of.
    Only if he get's Gilbert Gottfried's voice too.