Super Moderator

Default 8 Marvel Movie Fights That Kicked All the Ass

With the upcoming "Civil War" adding to the tradition of amazing Marvel Cinematic Universe, CBR rounds up the best of Marvel's movie smackdowns.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

They list 9 fights not 8 and not one of them is the Captain America v Winter Soldier street fight.

Ah, yeah, that climactic Dark World fight definitely deserves some attention, being by far the best part of a movie that probably doesn't get revisited as much as most of the others.

I'll say that the first fight that came to my mind was Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket.. especially the sequence in Cassie Lang's bedroom. Very fun and inventive!

Fantastic Member

To be honest, I've always been quite disappointed with Marvel's movie fights. To my mind, while many of them are comparable to fights in the comics (which, I understand, is the measure of this article) none of them come close to the kind of power that is often on display in the comics. For all of its many, many flaws, the battle between Superman, Wonder Woman (and, to a lesser extent, Batman) and Doomsday in the recent "Batman v. Superman" was a lot closer to the scale of the most spectacular superhero fights in the comics than almost anything done by Marvel. The sheer destruction and power on display far exceeds anything Marvel has yet put on the screen (and I say this as someone who is primarily a Marvel fan).

The Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight was really spectacular. Thor vs. the Frost Giants was also pretty phenomenal. The Avengers vs. Chitauri fight was a mess, and a lot less impressive than it needed to be. But I think that was partly because the many street level Avengers needed to be given something to do, something that limited the scale of the battle. I think that this factor may always hold back the Marvel fights. As I noted above, when Superman and WW fight Doomsday, Batman is virtually absent, largely because he has to be -there is no way he can survive the incredible forces being unleashed. In the Marvel movies, barring the possibility that we are going to see more than half of the MCU heroes running for cover the way Batman did when Doomsday cut loose, the presence of the weaker heroes will constrain what can be done.

There are a number of fights listed here that, I agree, certainly work really well. Cap vs. SHIELD in the elevator is a spectacular fight, in part because it does take place on an almost human scale.

One fight that I note that is justifiably missing here: Hulk vs. Thor from the first Avengers movie. That was an embarrassment for Thor and signified the depowering of the character in the movies to a remarkable degree. Hopefully, this is something that is made up for when Thor: Ragnarok gives us Hulk and Thor on a cosmic road trip.

Looking forward to the airport fight in CA: CW but I'm keeping my expectations of what it shows as realistic as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    They list 9 fights not 8 and not one of them is the Captain America v Winter Soldier street fight.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. I was next to certain that fight would have been in the top 3. What a flawed list.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Looking forward to the airport fight in CA: CW but I'm keeping my expectations of what it shows as realistic as I can.
    Oh, you'll flip your sh8 over that. Some serious air-punch moments, especially one...

I'd also give a the thumbs up for Thor vs Hulk on the Helicarrier, and the Cap/Winter Soldier street-fight. You could also - at a stretch - include Hulk vs Loki... ;-)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatentDragon View Post
    Oh, you'll flip your sh8 over that. Some serious air-punch moments, especially one...

I'd also give a the thumbs up for Thor vs Hulk on the Helicarrier, and the Cap/Winter Soldier street-fight. You could also - at a stretch - include Hulk vs Loki... ;-)
    Ok, that's encouraging. Fingers crossed. As I said, though, I thought the Hulk/Thor fight on the helicarrier was one of the great disappointments of the MCU.

BANNED

So, I entered the thread musing to myself: Are there eight Marvel fights that kicked all the asses? Going off those picked for the article, there seemingly are not.

Probably because it sucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Ok, that's encouraging. Fingers crossed. As I said, though, I thought the Hulk/Thor fight on the helicarrier was one of the great disappointments of the MCU.
    Well, Whedon still couldn't direct at all when he made that movie. It's why all the action scenes, and just about all the scenes in general, are terrible in that movie. But I am a bit surprised there aren't any of the big splash page invoking action scenes of AoU.

Fantastic Member

Pretty sure Banner doesn't just technically knock out the giant, armored space slug - he fully KO's it.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Spectacular Member

I know this article kept it to just the movies.

But if we look at the whole MCU the top spot for me goes to Daredevil Season 1 Episode 2 hallway fight. That thing was fun to watch.

I don't get how Cap vs. Bucky's fight near the express way wasn't listed.

Oh yeah, the elevator fight scene in The Winter Soldier is amazing indeed, so is the final battle in Iron Man 3.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ws vs cap freeway

WS vs Cap helucarrier

Hulk v Abom

Ant man v YJ

Ant Man v Falcon
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    I don't get how Cap vs. Bucky's fight near the express way wasn't listed.

Exactly what I was going to post. It only has some of the best hand-to-hand choreography to grace a superhero film.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«