Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default THE Big Gun: James "Rhodey" Rhodes AKA War Machine Appreciation

Searching all over CBR and noticed that Rhodey does not have an appreciation thread. Considering that he has appeared in several MCU films AND is coming up in Civil War(s), might as well make it happen.

Therefore, time for some Rhodey Appreciation!

Rhodey needs more moments like this in the MCU

Starting at 1:34

I'm honestly completely surprised he's never had one before.

For someone who's been around as long as he has, been a major supporting character in Iron Man, got to actually be Iron Man, had several solo runs, appeared in both Iron Man cartoons and even Spider-Man The Animated Series and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, is in all the Iron Man movies, has appeared in various games, and is a good character with a really cool design...you'd think he'd have one .

But happy he's finally getting one. Go Rhodey .

I hope he doesn't die in Civil War II .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But happy he's finally getting one. Go Rhodey .

I hope he doesn't die in Civil War II .
    That would suck

Also hoping he doesn't die in Cap: Civil War, although it appears that isn't the case, based on reports I've heard.

Rhodey must live!

War Machine's great quotes in animation:

I'm honestly completely surprised he's never had one before.

For someone who's been around as long as he has, been a major supporting character in Iron Man, got to actually be Iron Man, had several solo runs, appeared in both Iron Man cartoons and even Spider-Man The Animated Series and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, is in all the Iron Man movies, has appeared in various games, and is a good character with a really cool design...you'd think he'd have one
    Exactly what I was thinking. Was debating about War Machine in another thread and we realized that he didn't have his own appreciation thread...which is crazy. Had to make one off principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    That would suck

Also hoping he doesn't die in Cap: Civil War, although it appears that isn't the case, based on reports I've heard.

Rhodey must live!
    Yeah, I was worried about that too but Holt (and maybe someone else) made a good point that they wouldn't have put those scenes in the trailers if it meant Rhodey was actually going to die. So I'm happy about that at least .

I also wish he was in the cartoons though, their fluctuating and sometimes dubious quality aside. He's the only movie Avenger, who doesn't have any rights issues holding him back, absent from Avengers Assemble and it's really annoying. They just showed his Armor once and that's it .

Yeah, I was worried about that too but Holt (and maybe someone else) made a good point that they wouldn't have put those scenes in the trailers if it meant Rhodey was actually going to die. So I'm happy about that at least .

I also wish he was in the cartoons though, their fluctuating and sometimes dubious quality aside. He's the only movie Avenger, who doesn't have any rights issues holding him back, absent from Avengers Assemble and it's really annoying. They just showed his Armor once and that's it .
    Hmmm... wasn't he in Avengers: EMH? Or am I mistaken?

War Machine was my favorite character in Marvel Vs. Capcom

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Hmmm... wasn't he in Avengers: EMH? Or am I mistaken?
    Yep. Voiced by the same guy who's currently voicing Falcon, Bumper Robinson, who pretty much took his place more or less .

Yep. Voiced by the same guy who's currently voicing Falcon, Bumper Robinson, who pretty much took his place more or less .
    Well damn...they couldn't feature both? lol