Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Huh, I didn't know he didn't have one. I just assumed that not many folks posted in it and it got lost, like with so many other characters. You know, it's kinda funny. Newer characters (especially in the X-Boards) sometimes have hundreds of pages, and older, established characters like Rhodey, Blade, Nick Fury in the like barely have any posts. It's just peculiar is all... Anyway, props for creating this! Rhodes was always a bad-ass and I have to say, I'm not really feeling the current direction, both in the movies and in the books. His Dark Reign era solo was great, but after that, he got "neutered" in a way. It's just a shame International is just another Tony book, and a Bendis one at that. It's not enough he "writes" him 2 times per month, now he does so 3 times, whereas Rhodey is nowhere to be found.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 05-01-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Huh, I didn't know he didn't have one. i just assumed that not many folks posted in it and it got lost, like with so many other characters. You know, it's kinda funny. Newer characters (especially in the X-Boards) sometimes have hundreds of pages, and older, established characters like Rhodey, Blade, Nick Fury in the like barely have any posts. It's just peculiar is all... Anyway, props for creating this! Rhodes was always a bad-ass and I have to say, I'm not really feeling the current direction, both in the movies and in the books. His Dark Reign era solo was great, but after that, he got "neutered" in a way. It's just a shame International is just another Tony book, and a Bendis one at that. It's not enough he "writes" him 2 times per month, now he does so 3 times, whereas Rhodey is nowhere to be found.
    I'm not even sure that he even has a direction at this point, which is part of the problem. It's as if he's just there. Even when using him as a "sidekick" he just kinda there.

I do hope his relationship with Carol continues.

As for the MCU, at the least make him shoot stuff in an epic fashion, ala Iron Man 2. That alone will get the audience's attention.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 04-30-2016 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I'm not even sure that he even has a direction at this point, which is part of the problem. It's as if he's just there. Even when using him as a "sidekick" he just kinda there.

There was some potential with the Dark reign era and even his relationship with Carol Danvers. Speaking of Rhodey and Carol, I hope it continues.

As for the MCU, at the least make him shoot stuff in an epic fashion, ala Iron Man 2. That alone will get the audience's attention.
    True. Even when he appears for a significant amount of panel time, he's just "there". He doesn't do anything unique or offer something different, he just stands there and... that's it. His whole "rebel" phase against Osborn was great, and the characterization was damn good in my opinion. But ever since then, he's become too jokey and happy-go-lucky for my tastes. Even his Secret Avengers appearances as Iron Patriot were mediocre. The Iron Patriot mini was rather good though, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.

Thanks for making an appreciation page for Rhodey! When I was a kid, the first comics I picked up were back issues of the Layton/Michilne Iron Man run, and even though he wasn't War Machine yet, he was always such a bad ass in those. They really had a handle on the character. Rhodey, along with Moon Knight, is probably one of my favorite Marvel heroes. I hate how he never really gets the spotlight, even though he is in MCU. And although it's cool to see him fairly prominent in the ads for Civil War II, I'm afraid to see what it's leading up to (especially with the spoilers that have come out of it so far...).
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Civil_War_II_Choosing_Sides_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg

That being said, it's cool to see my 2 favorite Marvel characters on the cover of one comic! I'm refusing to buy any other Civil War II stuff, but I obviously will pick this up.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

I like Rhodey. I read the Iron Patriot mini, had high hopes going in (when it was supposed to be ongoing), but I thought it was mediocre and suffered from getting kneecapped into a mini.

I liked him in the 90s Iron Man cartoon series. Cheadle is way better as Rhodey. Hope he doesn't die in CW2 or the movie.
    I surrender to the Contest

I love me some Rhodes. My favorite take on him was in the Michelinie before he became War Machine and my favorite ongoing is the Pak ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Thanks for making an appreciation page for Rhodey! When I was a kid, the first comics I picked up were back issues of the Layton/Michilne Iron Man run, and even though he wasn't War Machine yet, he was always such a bad ass in those. They really had a handle on the character. Rhodey, along with Moon Knight, is probably one of my favorite Marvel heroes. I hate how he never really gets the spotlight, even though he is in MCU. And although it's cool to see him fairly prominent in the ads for Civil War II, I'm afraid to see what it's leading up to (especially with the spoilers that have come out of it so far...).
    Same!
    We need better comics

There should be a War Machine mini where Rhodes is highlighted as a soldier, without the armor. It would help to break through the derisive fan-wall of 'black Iron Man' that holds him back in the eyes of certain people.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-01-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    I like Rhodey. I read the Iron Patriot mini, had high hopes going in (when it was supposed to be ongoing), but I thought it was mediocre and suffered from getting kneecapped into a mini.

I liked him in the 90s Iron Man cartoon series. Cheadle is way better as Rhodey. Hope he doesn't die in CW2 or the movie.
    I'm glad he's war machine again. Honestly I hated the name Iron Patriot. The armor looked okay, but the War Machine armor with all the big guns just looked funner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There should be a War Machine mini where Rhodes is highlighted as a soldier, without the armor. It would help to break through the derisive fan-wall of 'black Iron Man' that holds him back in the eyes of certain people.
    Why not do both? Highlight him as a soldier and when he's in the suit?

Those who have a problem with his War Machine armor won't change their stance anytime soon, Rhodey has been around for a very long time.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-01-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Good interview. Has some scenes from Civil War (non-combat stuff) featuring Rhodey so its kinda spoiler-ish

wait War Machine didn't have an appreciation thread?
    The J-man