Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

War Machine & WARBIRD!!!!

US Air Force Colonel Carol Danvers (Anna Torv, Fringe) is about to hit forty, and ready to retire. Accompanied by War Machine James Rhodes (Don Cheadle, as seen in Iron Man 2 & 3), and suffering from a hangover, Danvers heads to the Nevada desert to investigate the crash landing of an unidentified aircraft. The last thing Danvers is in the mood for, is a run-in with smart mouthed SHIELD agent Jessica Drew (Lauren Cohan, The Walking Dead).

The second to last thing, is an alien spacecraft that seems to be phasing in and out of existence.

I hope that the events of MCU Civil War are followed up appropriately with Rhodey's arc.

BANNED

I am sure they will.
    Perhaps it will eventually lead to War Machine getting killed in 2018 during the Infinity War, while saving Warbird's life from an attack by Thanos.

BANNED

Is there a reason why you would want or expect War Machine (James Rhodes) to get killed?

RIP Rhodey

For now anyways. Thinking they may preserve his consciousness in the suit somehow, though it does seem like they were grooming a replacement in earlier Iron Man issues.

I'm sure we'll see him return in some form soon.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I've grown wearily cynical about character deaths. He'll be back.
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    His death was so lame.

His purpose in the story was just to get the two lead characters mad. I wouldn't even be that annoyed if Bendis wasn't clearly making his replacement character in Invincible Iron Man.
    We need better comics

So in the comics, was he still affiliated with the Marines? Obviously in the MCU he's Air Force.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    For all intent purpose which James Rhodes was killed?

We do have two marvel universes merged-meaning somewhere there are two versions of most people. If we go by Ultimate Peter Parker's age-there is a younger version of James somewhere in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For all intent purpose which James Rhodes was killed?

We do have two marvel universes merged-meaning somewhere there are two versions of most people. If we go by Ultimate Peter Parker's age-there is a younger version of James somewhere in Marvel.
    I don't think that Ultimate Rhodey survived the Ultimate Universe destruction.

Incredible Member

Civil War I: Gets blown up to kingdom come in Dubai and remade into a cyborg.

Civil War II: Shot dead.

Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Civil War I: Gets blown up to kingdom come in Dubai and remade into a cyborg.

Civil War II: Shot dead.

Geez.
    Shot dead? That was a full-impact punch from casual-planet busting Thanos the Mad Titan himself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Shot dead? That was a full-impact punch from casual-planet busting Thanos the Mad Titan himself.
    Yeah a big ol' shot from Thanos, but still shot d-e-a-d.

And film Rhodey? *crickets*

I just hate this.

And if he's replaced? Bleh.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 06-08-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Yeah a shot from Thanos, but still shot d-e-a-d.

And film Rhodey? *crickets*

I just hate this.
    Yeah, there is some breeding anti-War Machine stuff going on. Didn't Ta-Nehisi Coates warn them about the obvious backlash. On the bright side, apparently War Machine had missiles powerful enough to knock out Thanos, though they sort of missed....and hit She-Hulk....

Rhodes needs an excellent issue-length tribute by his friends in the heroic community. Iron Man, especially, needs to step it up.