Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Default Superbooks February Solictations

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...1/20/dcfeb.htm

ACTION COMICS #997

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Will Conrad, cover by Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund, variant cover by Francis Manapul.

"Booster Shot" part five! Superman and Booster Gold are stranded in time on a world ruled by not one but two Generals Zod! As Lor-Zod asserts himself as rightful heir to the military dictatorship of their adopted homeworld, Old Man Zod turns his attention to the interlopers from the past. Our heroes' only hope of survival is to repair their craft and get home -- but to do that, they'll need to travel into the belly of beast!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Feb. 14.

ACTION COMICS #998

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund, cover by Will Conrad, variant cover by Francis Manapul.

"Booster Shot," part six! Escape from Planet Zod! Superman and Booster Gold must escape to travel back to the present, where the life of the captured Sam Lane hangs in the balance!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Feb. 28.

ACTION COMICS #1000: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN HC

Written and art by various, cover by Jim Lee.

Join us for the 80th anniversary celebration of the most important comic book in American history: Action Comics #1, featuring the first appearance of Superman! It's an extraordinary party as we revisit stories from across the decades, featuring the debuts of not just the Man of Tomorrow, but also Supergirl, Brainiac, the Fortress of Solitude and more! See the work of generations of top writers and artists on the original superhero! Enjoy sparkling essays from literary wizards who have won Pulitzer Prizes and hit the bestseller lists, including Jules Feiffer, who relives his memories of when Action Comics #1 first hit newsstands. Plus, a historical essay by guest editor Paul Levitz, and all one thousand Action Comics covers presented on a special 30" x by 39.75" poster! And as a bonus, don't miss a previously unpublished 1940s Superman tale believed to be written by Jerry Siegel with art by the Joe Shuster studio, salvaged fifty years ago and hidden away until now! This new hardcover serves as a companion to the Action Comics #1000 comic book coming in March!

384 pages, $29.99, in stores on April 11.

NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA #20

Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Brent Peeples and Richard Friend, cover by Phillip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.

"Seas of Change," part one! It's the dawn of a new era for the Justice League of China! The New Super-Man of China and his teammates have struck out on their own, and even the Ministry's newly formed Lantern Corps is no match for this renegade force to be reckoned with! But as China's superhero community reorganizes itself, trouble is brewing in North Korea...and from the depths emerges a new metahuman that will change everything.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Feb. 14.

SUPERGIRL #18

Written by Steve Orlando and Jody Houser, art and cover by Robson Rocha and Daniel Henriques, variant cover by Stanley "Argerm" Lau.

"Plain Sight" finale! Director Bones and the D.E.O. put innocent lives at risk when they unleash a psychotic alien on the National City Solstice Semiformal with the hopes of exposing Supergirl. With the alien claiming the only way the Earth can stay pure is to eradicate Supergirl, Kara finds herself pushed to the edge and forced not to stay silent anymore. Supergirl must finally stand as the hero National City needs.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Feb. 14.

SUPERMAN #40

Written by James Robinson, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Viktor Bogdanovic, variant cover by Jonboy Meyers.

"Suicide Planet," part one! Far away in a distant solar system, a world stands on the brink of destruction, much as Krypton did so many years ago. As Superman and son venture off into space to help, an unexpected adversary stops our heroes dead in their tracks: these people wish to die.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Feb. 7.

SUPERMAN #41

Written by James Robinson, art by Ed Benes, cover by Viktor Bogdanovic, variant cover by Jonboy Meyers.

"Suicide Planet," part two! Superman and Superboy battle the alien extremists of a world on the brink of disaster in the hope of saving them from themselves!Â

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Feb. 21.

SUPER SONS #13

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Carlo Barberi, cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli, variant cover by Dustin Nguyen.

"Mother's Day" part one! Talia al Ghul returns for her son Damian, whom she trained from birth to be an assassin. With the evil in Robin's past finally revealed to Superboy, it might be too much for the Sons' partnership to survive...especially when the boys find out her next victim is one of the most important people in their lives!Â

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Feb. 21.

TRINITY #18

Written by James Robinson, art by Patrick Zircher, cover by Guillem March, variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz.

"No Home for you Here" part two! Stranded on the lost world of Skartaris, the Trinity are alone and depowered as they face the bestial armies of Deimos! As the layers are peeled back and the mystery of Deimos' plan deepens, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman must overcome the crippling effects of Skartaris to survive! But help is on way in the form of Travis Morgan...the one and only Warlord!

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Feb. 21.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-20-2017 at 02:29 PM.

James Robinson back on Superman?. Let's hope that id better than "Coming of Atlas", he wrote s pretty good Mon-El thougth.

Very interested on Action because of my love for Booster Gold.

Super Sons sounds amazing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Oh, another filler on Superman.

New Super-man will appear in deathstroke..

NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA...The serie is using another name..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-20-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Suicide Planet eh? So maybe Superman is going to have pull his classic talking someone off a ledge routine on an entire planet? Is that Yin Yang 'S' on Kenan's chest his new thing? That's sorta clever.
    Looking forward to Terrifics #1. Should be a fun book.

For trade-waiters and others who buy the trades, Vol. 2 of Super-Sons was also in the solicits:
    SUPER SONS VOL. 2: PLANET OF THE CAPES TP

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Jorge Jimenez, Carmine Di Giandomenico and others, cover by Jorge Jimenez.

Robin has a new member in mind for the Teen Titans, and -- spoiler alert -- it's Superboy! But something sinister is at work, and Damian's real motives for introducing Jon to the team are revealed to devastating consequences! Monster-maker Kraklow puts Superboy to the test during his first team-up with Damian Wayne's Teen Titans. Collects Super Sons #6-10.

128 pages, $14.99, in stores on March 7.
    Super Sons is the only explicitly Superman-related trade in the these solicits, though the Legion of Superheroes have volume two of their Silver Age Omnibus hardcover listed:

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC

Written by Jerry Siegel, Edmond Hamilton, Jim Shooter and others, art by Jim Mooney, John Forte, Curt Swan and others, cover by Evan Shaner.

The 1960s adventures of DC's 30th-century team of teenage heroes continues! In these stories from Adventure Comics #329-360 and Superboy #124-125, the team meets the Bizarro Legion, faces the triumph of the Legion of Super-Villains, learns of a long-ago war between Krypton and Earth, faces the villainy of the Time Trapper and Computo and much more!

680 pages, $75, in stores on June 20. Â
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-20-2017 at 03:18 PM.

AC 997/998
    AC 1000
    .. I never expected read this before AC 999.. hahaha
    NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA 20

And the ending of Supergirl saga another month... AC 1000 is too long and expensive..

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    AC 997/998
    AC 1000
    .. I never expected read this before AC 999.. hahaha
    NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA 20

And the ending of Supergirl saga another month... AC 1000 is too long and expensive..
    That's not Action 1000. That's a companion book to Action 1000.

Robinson on Superman. Mite b cool.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh, another filler on Superman.
    Why is Robinson writing so many books.

At least this filler arc was obviously planned in advance unlike the last one. Either way its time for a new creative team. Be it either the art or the writing or both, there ends up needing to be fill-in help way too often.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-20-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thoughts:

- "Old Man Zod." Seems like there's an Old Man everything these days .

- Cool to see New Super-Man re-branded how everyone was pretty much expecting it to be, and the League leaving the Ministry seems sensible. Sounds like the Chinese Lanterns become the Ministry's answer to the League leaving, while we get the Asian Aqua-Man out of North Korea.

- It seems like Robinson is now the go-to fill-in on Rebirth books, though the premise sounds interesting .

- I'm guessing Talia is going to end up trying to kill Lois.

- Whatever happened to Manapul on Trinity?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Whatever happened to Manapul on Trinity?
    He's confirmed on his Twitter that due to a new project he had to leave Trinity. I don't expect to be seeing his name associated with this book in future solicits anytime soon.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    He's confirmed on his Twitter that due to a new project he had to leave Trinity. I don't expect to be seeing his name associated with this book in future solicits anytime soon.
    My bet is American Alien 2 (Agent Of Batman). It's a strong possibility that he's the artist for Landis' Christmas story. I'm guessing that book is about as long as American Alien, and it's possible that Manapul is doing it all by himself unlike the original. I have know way of knowing this, but I have a suspicion that this is the case. There's also a good chance that he's doing some Superman related writing coming up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My bet is American Alien 2 (Agent Of Batman). It's a strong possibility that he's the artist for Landis' Christmas story. I'm guessing that book is about as long as American Alien, and it's possible that Manapul is doing it all by himself unlike the original. I have know way of knowing this, but I have a suspicion that this is the case. There's also a good chance that he's doing some Superman related writing coming up.
    Could also be the Aquaman Earth One book he was announced to do in the past, since I theorize DC would want to get it out by late 2018/early 2019-ish to capitalize on the movie when it releases in December next year.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-20-2017 at 04:57 PM.