Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    It's a fine line to walk, but I really hope this book is all ages accessible because my nieces and nephews will love it. Hopefully they make this a good entry point for kids into comics because those are sorely lacking now. Really excited about Jon being Superboy and hope 50 years from now he is the person who is considered "the Superboy"
    There's something about having Damian, who's killed a few people in his lifetime, being in an "all-ages accessible" title that just sounds . . . strange.

BANNED

It was a homage,not a troll of some sorts,dont assume.

Btw i am getting the Super sons book

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Currently the best costume in DC comics hands down.

BANNED

Any word on who will be writing Super Sons?

I think Jon has the potential to gain a Ms. Marvel type fandom, but it'll depend on how well Super Sons sells the character, because I don't see either Superman or Action Comics doing a lot to help the character.

It could. He seems to be present in SUPERMAN

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It could. He seems to be present in SUPERMAN
    It's written by Tomasi, so I don't expect Superman to make Jon click.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Currently the best costume in DC comics hands down.
    Totally agreed.

Who designed this? Jorge Jiminez? (why does that look wrong? I misspelled it didnt I?). And he's the one who did Damien's new look too right?

That guy needs to do all of DC's design work. He's the only artist Ive seen DC get who can match the design sensibilities Marvel has shown with their Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel designs (among others). Just all around wonderfully strong stuff.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Totally agreed.

Who designed this? Jorge Jiminez? (why does that look wrong? I misspelled it didnt I?). And he's the one who did Damien's new look too right?

That guy needs to do all of DC's design work. He's the only artist Ive seen DC get who can match the design sensibilities Marvel has shown with their Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel designs (among others). Just all around wonderfully strong stuff.
    Didnt he redesign some of the Earth 2 characters looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    It's written by Tomasi, so I don't expect Superman to make Jon click.
    It's written by Tomasi and Gleason, the latter of whom has done amazing work with Damian in his solo book for DCYou.

Not to mention that Tomasi and Gleason have experience with writing and working on a Superhero family dynamic with their Batman and Robin run, so unless that book and its portrayal of Damian didn't work for you, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for Superman and Jon .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's written by Tomasi and Gleason, the latter of whom has done amazing work with Damian in his solo book for DCYou.

Not to mention that Tomasi and Gleason have experience with writing and working on a Superhero family dynamic with their Batman and Robin run, so unless that book and its portrayal of Damian didn't work for you, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for Superman and Jon .
    These are the guys who made me stop hating Damien with the passion of a thousand burning suns; I got faith that they'll be able to make something decent out of Jon.

Honestly, the only things about the upcoming Super-line that I find troublesome is Superdad himself and the quality of creators on the main two books. Well, the whole Super-Lois thing seems needless; Lois doesnt need powers or a costume to be super, but its not a deal breaker either, just sorta odd.

Im looking forward to the Super-Sons, though I find it strange that they cancelled Damien's solo for this. Was that book not selling or something, because I was having fun with it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

These are the guys who made me stop hating Damien with the passion of a thousand burning suns; I got faith that they'll be able to make something decent out of Jon.

Honestly, the only things about the upcoming Super-line that I find troublesome is Superdad himself and the quality of creators on the main two books. Well, the whole Super-Lois thing seems needless; Lois doesnt need powers or a costume to be super, but its not a deal breaker either, just sorta odd.

Im looking forward to the Super-Sons, though I find it strange that they cancelled Damien's solo for this. Was that book not selling or something, because I was having fun with it.
    I think the Lois is is cause they are two Lois's now and you gotta have them do different things. One does the investigation thing, the other does the super thing.

Also, I think Tomasi and Gleason were the best choice to introduce Jon into the superhero world. I honestly can't think of a better team after Batman & Robin.

Really? I think Damian in their run was very endearing, but I though Morrison (ultimately) and even Bryan Q. Miller did a solid job of making him more likeable and compelling then he was in his introduction. At least for me .

I've been saying this about a lot of supporting cast members/love interests in comics, but comic book companies generally don't care .

But I guess if this is New 52 Lois, we might have a more traditional Lois in Post-Crisis Lois while New 52 Lois gets to become her own thing...or something like that.

I recall it was selling fairly solidly, but it was probably just part of the big culling with Rebirth (Starfire was also doing well I think) and Damian's already apparently getting enough focus in Teen Titans and Super Sons that he might not need a solo. But this is probably taking Robin: Son of Batman's place in terms of tone, style, and focus

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think the Lois is is cause they are two Lois's now and you gotta have them do different things. One does the investigation thing, the other does the super thing.

Also, I think Tomasi and Gleason were the best choice to introduce Jon into the superhero world. I honestly can't think of a better team after Batman & Robin.
    Yeah, they're also likely hoping to tap into some of the Jane-Thor success too. Im not blaming them, and having powers is as good an option as any I suppose if they want to move Lois in a different direction. I just feel like its unoriginal and they could have done something else with her.

Senator Lois Lane has a nice ring to it.

Really? I think Damian in their run was very endearing, but I though Morrison (ultimately) and even Bryan Q. Miller did a solid job of making him more likeable and compelling then he was in his introduction. At least for me .
    Going back and re-reading those stories, yeah, he's not bad at all. But it took me quite a while to get over that initial loathing.

I've been saying this about a lot of supporting cast members/love interests in comics, but comic book companies generally don't care .
    Well, if for some reason I ever end up in the industry I'll see what I can do about fixing that.

I recall it was selling fairly solidly, but it was probably just part of the big culling with Rebirth (Starfire was also doing well I think) and Damian's already apparently getting enough focus in Teen Titans and Super Sons that he might not need a solo. But this is probably taking Robin: Son of Batman's place in terms of tone, style, and focus
    I am very much assuming and hoping its following in R:SOB's style and tone. And you're likely right, between the Bat-titles, Titans, and Super-Sons, Damien's everywhere and a solo wasn't needed. Plus, if he co-stars with Jon that establishes a solid foundation for the book and makes it less of a risk. Jon is going to be all over the Super-titles, but Damien being in the book too will certainly help cement sales.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Gleason is on art, but he hasn't been listed as a co-writer. He did a good job with Damian from the little I read of Son of Batman, but no I didn't care for Tomasi and Gleason's Batman & Robin. Until Son of Batman, the only other writers that I think did a good job with Damian were Morrison and Brian Q Miller.