Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Before I grab my pitchfork and torch I think I'll wait to see what Rucka's side of the story is.
    Don't bother. I told him on Twitter that I was a fan of his work and was disappointed with how he treated Frank over a personal grudge, and he blocked me. Classy guy.

BANNED

He blocked me too.

I posted that picture of #2 and questioned his double standards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    He blocked me too.

I posted that picture of #2 and questioned his double standards.
    Greg is blocking anyone who respectfully disagrees with him, and somehow Frank Cho is the immature baby? I wanted to enjoy this WW run, but I think I'll be dropping it over this. So disappointed.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

In all fairness this variant cover is somewhat eschergirls esque in its posing, so I can see why Rucka might not be 100% behind it.
    wonder-woman-3-600x912.jpg

Overall I would agree that Cho's variants are decent compared to some of his other works. But I can understand why Rucka and others are not comfortable with a man of Cho's attitude working on a book for a strong female character like Wonder Woman.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Greg is blocking anyone who respectfully disagrees with him, and somehow Frank Cho is the immature baby? I wanted to enjoy this WW run, but I think I'll be dropping it over this. So disappointed.
    Well in fairness I was being very blunt towards him, but I've never tweeted to him before and twitter does have a 140 character limit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    In all fairness this variant cover is somewhat eschergirls esque in its posing, so I can see why Rucka might not be 100% behind it.
    wonder-woman-3-600x912.jpg
    But having a nude 18 year old girl is okay inside the comic?

BANNED

Overall I would agree that Cho's variants are decent compared to some of his other works. But I can understand why Rucka and others are not comfortable with a man of Cho's attitude working on a book for a strong female character like Wonder Woman.
    I'd agree, if Frank wasn't perfectly capable of keeping his vulgar tendencies out of his serious work. You can tell from his covers that he clearly respects Diana's character, he's even cited Lynda Carters Wonder Woman as a major inspiration for his work in general. In my opinion, this is a matter of Greg's ego and personal politics turning him against an artist who has never actually said or done anything sexist aside from some silly pinup drawings.

Amazing Member

Don't bother. I told him on Twitter that I was a fan of his work and was disappointed with how he treated Frank over a personal grudge, and he blocked me. Classy guy.
    Maybe his problem was that you went to him on twitter accusing him without knowing the full story. How do you know there even is a personal grudge? He has every right to choose not to engage you on twitter.

There are always two sides to every story and I'll wait to see what Rucka's is. Even if he chooses not to share it it won't stop me buying his WW.

Personally I don't think Cho was the right choice for the variant covers anyway. Given that its her 75th anniversary I think using the covers as a way of showcasing female artists would have been a much better idea.

Of course Cho would put the blame on Rucka. Lord forbid Cho acknowledge he might be the problem himself with his own attitude.

Of course the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. My guess is Cho & Rucka simply don't have personalities that are compatible with one another.
    More likely aesthetics. And, honestly, I can't blame a writer for not wanting to wind up with a Spider-Woman or Batgirl variant debacle on his hands.

I'd agree, if Frank wasn't perfectly capable of keeping his vulgar tendencies out of his serious work. You can tell from his covers that he clearly respects Diana's character, he's even cited Lynda Carters Wonder Woman as a major inspiration for his work in general.
    We see the covers that got final approval. We don't know how many revisions Cho was asked to do before each cover was signed off.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-14-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    More likely aesthetics. And, honestly, I can't blame a writer for not wanting to wind up with a Spider-Woman or Batgirl variant debacle on his hands.

We can see from the covers that got approved. We don't know how many revisions Cho was asked to do before each cover was signed off.
    And now we'll probably get a Cho "parody" cover featuring Wonder Woman in a cheesecake pose with Spider-Gwen yelling "outrage!".

And now we'll probably get a Cho "parody" cover featuring Wonder Woman in a cheesecake pose with Spider-Gwen yelling "outrage!".
    Almost certainly, and it won't be the first time Cho's used WW in one of his "outrage" bits. And Cho will be 100% free to draw it and sell it for a nice chunk of change. But it won't be used to advertise Rucka's book, which is likely where DC and Rucka's concerns begin and end.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It's his book. This isn't commissioned art DC are selling separately it's art that is going to be slapped on his book and if he has a problem then there is absolutely no reason he can't request for it be changed or altered.
    Variant covers usually have nothing to do with the actual book. They are made for collectors/speculators and fans of the artist.

BANNED

we already have that... so likely it will be one of the legit covers with a little Rucka screaming 'outrage'.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Variant covers usually have nothing to do with the actual book. They are made for collectors/speculators and fans of the artist.
    Usually, but Rucka is a big get for DC, especially on WW. Given their history, and the whole joker/batgirl thing, I could see him wanting that level of control, and DC giving it to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    We see the covers that got final approval. We don't know how many revisions Cho was asked to do before each cover was signed off.
    He's done restrained artwork before, if you look at some of his drawings of Marvel heroines it's clear he can do more than just T&A. I doubt his submissions were that bad.