Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    He's done restrained artwork before, if you look at some of his drawings of Marvel heroines it's clear he can do more than just T&A. I doubt his submissions were that bad.
    And you would think that discussion happened before he was signed on to do the variant covers. Its an elephant that would have probably been addressed straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    He's done restrained artwork before, if you look at some of his drawings of Marvel heroines it's clear he can do more than just T&A. I doubt his submissions were that bad.
    Without a doubt. But he's also leaned toward the T&A for professional work before, and what Cho feels is appropriately restrained, Rucka may have thought was pushing it. I can see where there might have been some head-butting over the third one, for example, especially if that's a revision. But most artists aren't going to walk away from a year's worth of covers on a high-profile Big Two gig over a couple of minor tweaks to one cover, which is what makes me think this might have been a clash of expectations early on.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-14-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    But having a nude 18 year old girl is okay inside the comic?

*snip*
    It is inside the comic, for one panel and is not being flashed around on the cover. If the main cover was of a nude-ish WW then you'd have a point.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Hm. Interesting all the cries to drop the book over censorship without anyone seeing what was originally submitted (we see the final covers only), or knowing the details of the contract, and without hearing both sides of the story.

Side note, on this cover, Diana had GIANT disproportionate He-Man action figure legs, so I didn't care for his work, personally.

Bring in some female cover artists, DC,

He-man legs.jpg
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-14-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

What's truly amazing about all this is that these are Cho's least cheesecake looking covers he's done in a very long time.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    What's truly amazing about all this is that these are Cho's least cheesecake looking covers he's done in a very long time.
    But we really don't know if they started that way.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

This isn't censorship....Rucka is the main 'artist' of this work whereas Cho is not. If he feels Cho's variants are not representative of his work, well I think he has the right to complain,
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Yeah, this is keeping me from being totally against Rucka or crying censorship or whatever. I doubt Rucka/DC will really comment though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Hm. Interesting all the cries to drop the book over censorship without anyone seeing what was originally submitted (we see the final covers only), or knowing the details of the contract, and without hearing both sides of the story.

Side note, on this cover, Diana had GIANT disproportionate He-Man action figure legs, so I didn't care for his work, personally.
    Because we are unlikely to ever hear Rucka's side of the story, given thats he's already declined to comment to a legitimate news site (as much as it is) and is now blocking people tweeting him questions about it (where he could just have not replied).

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It is inside the comic, for one panel and is not being flashed around on the cover. If the main cover was of a nude-ish WW then you'd have a point.
    And whats the difference if both are equally 'vulgar'?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Cho's variant of #3 showed WW underwear I can definitely see why Ruck would have a problem with that & don't blame him for wanting it censored.
    This is the varient for #3. Where in this inage do you see Wonder Woman in underwear?fa2a5fc5f7dd4d51d3806ed32b709379.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This isn't censorship....Rucka is the main 'artist' of this work whereas Cho is not. If he feels Cho's variants are not representative of his work, well I think he has the right to complain,
    He doesn't, not to Cho, but to their editor, thats what they are for.

I doubt we'll get any details on the contract or arrangement. But I certainly would be curious to know what the set-up was. It's my understanding that covers for Big Two books are usually done far in advance, sometimes even ahead of the actual script. The writer doesn't usually have input, especially when the cover isn't being done by the regular series artist, and variants are usually off in another realm completely (which is how things like the Batgirl-Joker variant come to pass). So the writer being allowed to give thumbs up or down to a variant is pretty unusual.

But we really don't know if they started that way.
    The dude posts his prelims and crap on Instagram all the time. They did. Cho took this job very seriously as he LOVES Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter is the reason he took an interest in drawing the female form. Nothing about these were sexual. They're all powerful as opposed to the dainty nature you usually see Wondy depicted in.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    This is the varient for #3. Where in this inage do you see Wonder Woman in underwear?fa2a5fc5f7dd4d51d3806ed32b709379.jpg
    That is the "censored" image the original sketch has WW's underwear showing, look a few pages back someone posted it.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I don't think its underwear in the traditional sense. Given how her skirt is she would have to have something under, since an all around skirt wouldn't facilitate movement the way her current one does. Would Rucka take a similar issue with WW in her pre52 costume on principle? I don't see how its different from that.