Spectacular Member

Default Comic real-world careers

One day, you wake up and get the choice of acquiring the the learned skills of one of these characters but only their learned knowledge (not their intellect, instincts, imagination, etc.) so for example, if you pick She-hulk, you'll have knowledge of the law and processes, etc. but how said knowledge applies to a particular case is on you. You will receive the real-world equivalent of all their credentials but not their reputation. Their skills will supplant any career skills that you have. Whose skills would you pick?

• Clark Kent: Journalist/Writer
    • Dr.Strange: Surgeon
    • Donna Troi: Photographer
    • Allison Blaire: Singer/Actress, Fitness instructor, Pre-law
    • Kyle Rayner: Graphic artist
    • Bobby Drake: Accountant
    • Selina Kyle: Thief
    • Jennifer Walters: Attorney
    • Barbara Ann Minerva: Archaeologist
    • Karla Sofen: Psychiatrist
    • Pamela Isley: Botanist
    • Jane Foster: Nurse
    • Hal Jordan: Pilot

*DC characters will be pre-52 and Marvel will be pre-Secret wars.

Edit: Karla is a psychiatrist and not a psychologist.
    Last edited by anon_me; 05-01-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Either Strange, Kyle, or Psychologist.

The problem though with dr skills is still need degree and thus college to practice. But those skills would pay off and then more so in career mode. Psychology is a big one because can mind **** people without telepathy.

Strange because can save lives. Not all of them. But some is a good thing.

I pick graphic artist because anyone can do it and get paid based on how good it is. And is a free lancing or self employed thing. And I like being my own boss.

Hence considering Kyle.

I'd love to say Strange, so I can end up very wealthy while helping people in need....

Since I'm generally a performer (by hobby, if not by profession), then Ali Blaire's talents would clearly be appreciated.

I'm also interested in both Archaeology and Writing, so Kent & Minerva's skills would be nice.

Also, Karla Sofen has used her Psychiatry (not Psychology, from memory) as almost a low-level mind-control to manipulate the likes of the original Moonstone, Graviton and others. So that might be very useful.

Mighty Member

Selina Kyle. Most of the people listed have basically real world level skills in their chosen fields. Selina's thieving skills are far above what a cat burglar can do in real life. I would make a killing as a security troubleshooter.

Jordan's piloting would be very nice, lucrative and practical.

It's hard to know how I would fair with many of the others', since there's an important distinction between skill and talent to consider when, say, trying to save a life through a difficult surgery.