Super Moderator

Default "Fear The Walking Dead" Recap: "Blood In the Streets" Plays the Flashback Game

The "Walking Dead" spinoff recalls the early episodes of "Lost" with an effective flashback that gives more weight to the present.

Full article here.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

I thought this was a great episode, probably my favourite so far (out of season 1 and season 2 so far). It was great to see Strand's personality and motivation fleshed out some more, and I agree with the CBR article that the flashbacks weren't over-used. The article cited Lost as an example of overused flashbacks. I never really got into Lost (something I'm pleased about given the eventual shaggy dog story ending), so for me seasons 1 & 2 of Arrow are my go-to examples of FOS (Flashback-Overuse-Syndrome).
    I particularly thought the spoilers:
    romance between Strand and Dougrayvine
    end of spoilers was handled really awesomely, with just the right amount of 'telegraphing' in the earlier flashbacks to implant this as a possibility. Starnd just keeps getting more and more interesting as a character. I also thought that Nick's fascination with the zombies, and how this builds on his pre-apocalypse experience of feeling on the fringes of society is just brilliant. I thought for a moment he was going to go 'full-whisperer' in that tent and skin that zombie!
    Anyway, like I say, great episode in my opinion, 'nuff said :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

I wonder what happened to all the people camping at the border? Were they killed? Did they become zombies and leave as a horde? Were they all saved like their sign said? I wonder if we will ever find out?

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    I wonder what happened to all the people camping at the border? Were they killed? Did they become zombies and leave as a horde? Were they all saved like their sign said? I wonder if we will ever find out?
    Yeah, my guess is we won't find out about that one. Just an interesting and atmospheric 'backdrop' I reckon.

Anything can happen though! That's one of the plus points to this part of the 'franchise'.
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo