BANNED

Default Rising Stars. Any fans?

Any fans of the Rising Stars comic book series? Is it easy to get into?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Oh yeah, very easy to get into, though I'm speaking mainly of the main series. The spinoff show weren't as good, imo, as they weren't written by JMS (best as I recall)

I tried reading it while it was being published, and there was a huge delay that broke the momentum of the series. I think JMS and Top Cow had some issues that eventually got worked out. At least the series got finished, though there was a dramatic switch in artistic styles.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

It was an interesting concept, though The Strangers, in the Ultraverse line, was already in similar terroitory (before Marvel gobbled up Malibu). I wasn't too keen on the artwork, until Brent Anderson came onboard.

BANNED

Started great but kind of fizzled at the end. The delays certainly didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Started great but kind of fizzled at the end. The delays certainly didn't help.
    Which became a bit of a theme with Straczynski, with Supreme Power and The Twelve. Can't say I blame him, when Hollywood is paying a heck of a lot more money than comics, though Straczynski seemed to have creative issues there (especially Warner, with the B5 spin-offs).

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    its one of my all time favorites, definitely read it. you dont need to know anything going in, yes its easy to get into. especially if you like any jms.

http://amzn.to/1WeyQEM

I actually tried to revisit the comics a while back. The art was really hard to read through. I remember really loving the comic back in the day and the concept really spoke to me.

I always kind of hoped that JMS would "reboot" it once he established himself in the industry with a better artist. I love Supreme Power, but hated that the change to PG-13 after it started Rated-R.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/