Thread: Kings Quest, #1

Super Moderator

Default Kings Quest, #1

THE PERFECT JUMPING-ON POINT FOR NEW READERS! Join Flash Gordon, TWO Phantoms, Mandrake the Magician, and Prince Valiant on a disastrous intergalactic rescue mission! All they have to do is defeat a limitless alien armada and NOT get eaten by a space jungle. Brought to you by the innumerable talents of Ben Acker (The Thrilling Adventure Hour), Heath Corson (Bizarro), and Dan McDaid (Judge Dredd)!

Full article here.

Incredible Member

looking forward to this...the "king" miniseries were mostly great.

i'm kind of intrigued by this artist. from page 1 to page 2 it really changes in style.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    l.......from page 1 to page 2 it really changes in style.
    Geez really that is just too nice to say that.

I loved Defenders of the Earth as a cartoon when I still had someone changing my diapers and basically had fond memories of this team up which worked really well for the the first of these mini series since it wasn't a completely cliché cheesey insult to a childs intelligence like the cartoon and it even had pretty nice art.

Somehow my LCS put this first issue in my pull list which after reading the first page I just balked at the art flicking through the pages, definitely not going to read it and yes I took it off my pull list.

I understand this may hurt the artists feelings and sure it's only my opinion and maybe lots of people loved it and I bet lots of work went into it but damn it's distractingly ugly and the wonky heads make it look like a muddy wrongly set aspect ratio show on TV.