Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Blue Marvel Skyfather-level?

me and my friend were debating this...he thinks Adam is a skyfather level character on the same tier as Odin in terms of power

I think he is more like a low-level herald....

what do you guys think?

Yes he is skyfather level.

Snagged the first response so you know its true
    The J-man

I'd say somewhere in the Herald range, give or take.

BANNED

And what pray tell, is a low level herald?

Mighty Member

I am of the opinion that surfer would wreck him more times than not.

Skyfather is too high IMO.

I think within the Herald ball park. I'd put him above a Firelord but below a Silver Surfer.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And what pray tell, is a low level herald?
    OP probably means the least powerful herald of Galactus e.g. Dazzler or Terrax
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-02-2016 at 12:16 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    OP probably means the least powerful herald ... of Galactus.
    I think there is reasonable distinction there, as I honestly feel some heralds are a LOT more powerful than others. Surfer in particular seems to be much more of a plot device than most of his peers. The herald Nova and Surfer are arguably not on the same level at all, despite both being heralds.

That said even weak heralds are pretty darn powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    OP probably means the least powerful herald of Galactus e.g. Dazzler or Terrax
    I got that impression as well.

In my mind all superman analogues are roughly same level in terms of raw strength and durability, that means Blue Marvel is on the level of Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry, Thor, Carol Danvers, Monet St. Croix etc.
    Then you can apply different shtick they have, like Blue Marvel has super science, Gladiator scales with psychic confidence, Sentry has Void, Thor has lightning, Carol Danvers can go binary, M gets trade-off with telepathy etc. Then since Odin is of course above Thor, Blue Marvel is not his level.

Now in terms of Heralds, Galadorian spaceknights decided that Beta Ray Bill (= Thor level) is on the same level as Gladiator and Silver Surfer post Thanos Imperative. Now I don't like the word "low-level herald". It really depends on how much "Power Cosmic" has been allotted to the character for story purpose.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    In my mind all superman analogues are roughly same level in terms of raw strength and durability, that means Blue Marvel is on the level of Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry, Thor, Carol Danvers, Monet St. Croix etc.
    Then you can apply different shtick they have, like Blue Marvel has super science, Gladiator scales with psychic confidence, Sentry has Void, Thor has lightning, Carol Danvers can go binary, M gets trade-off with telepathy etc. Then since Odin is of course above Thor, Blue Marvel is not his level.

Now in terms of Heralds, Galadorian spaceknights decided that Beta Ray Bill (= Thor level) is on the same level as Gladiator and Silver Surfer post Thanos Imperative. Now I don't like the word "low-level herald". It really depends on how much "Power Cosmic" has been allotted to the character for story purpose.
    Beautiful post.

Extraordinary Member

I say blue marvel is high herald level like normal sentry.Basically on silver surfer's level but abit more powerful.I say in a normal fight blue marvel wins.
    Yeah i said it.
    Sentry(normal) i view as abit more powerful then silver surfer too.
    King hyperion was defeating silver surfers and if blue marvel could beat king hyperion he could beat silver surfer.

As for Carol and Monet they are not superman level,they are more closer to wonder woman's and hulk's level.Monet would be lower hulk and carol however looking at her powergrid and bio/power and abilities info.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-02-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post

Yeah, I cant disagree with this post. Pretty much how I see it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Skyfather level is not what it was. Judging by the fight against Odin in Thor#5, Jane Thor is now skyfather level and you would have thought that Blue Marvel would at least be powerful enough to hold his own against her.

Extraordinary Member

As for Carol and Monet they are not superman level,they are more closer to wonder woman's and hulk's level.Monet would be lower hulk and carol however looking at her powergrid and bio/power and abilities info.
    I have not read the thor issue yet but odin in that issue was not as powerful as he was before from what others have said.Something about folks not believing in the norse gods as much anymore.
    So if that's the case, odin fighting jane was really close to high herald or thanos level,and jane is still high herald and still closer to male thor(with the hammer) in power.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-02-2016 at 04:19 PM.