Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Liefeld Explains Why He Didn't Want Cable in the First "Deadpool" Movie

The Deadpool creator sounds off on his choice to fight against Cable's debut in the first film.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

In what capacity was he actually involved with the production of this movie?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    That's what I'd like to know. His greatest creations were all fleshed out by other, far better writers. I can't imagine them giving his input that much weight.

And it's not rocket science to know that introducing someone as complicated as Cable, in Deadpool's origin movie, is a bad idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I don't think he was involved at all, despite what he's saying. At least he doesn't have any credits other than the creator credit for some characters.

As much as I love Cable, and dislike Rob Liefeld, I think it was the right decision.
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

same here. cable in the first film would have been way too crowded and would have ended up giving both characters a disservice.

I agree with what rob said. He is 100% right. It wouldn't have worked with the movie. Better to wait for them to get together on screen as duo. Even deadpool didn't do well there would have been x-force probably still.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Deadpool creator sounds off on his choice to fight against Cable's debut in the first film.

Full article here.
    So instead we get a lame Colossus and Goth chick appearance. Hooray.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    At least the sequel will be out next year, hopefully very early in the year like the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    His personality was exaggerated for comedic effect but besides that it was a dead on Colossus for the most part. I want colossus back but I think focusing on Cable and Deadpool will work better. Atleast for cables first movie.

As far as Liefeld i think hes just throwing his two cents out there, i dont think anyone at Fox gives 2 shits what Pockets Mcgee has to say,
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-02-2016 at 07:52 PM.

I loved Colossus! He was the perfect foil for Deadpool, a man of almost painful nobility. Frankly Cable wouldn't have worked as well. He's a serious type, but not really that much more noble than Deadpool. Unlike Deadpool, Cable never really evolved that much from the generic Liefeld creation he began as. As such, Cable's kinda boring; just a serious guy who shoots stuff. Colossus was waaaayyyyy more entertaining than Cable, especially contrasted with Deadpool. I'd much rather see Colossus' innocent nobility play off Deadpool than Cable's Dirty Harry scowl.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I loved Colossus! He was the perfect foil for Deadpool, a man of almost painful nobility. Frankly Cable wouldn't have worked as well. He's a serious type, but not really that much more noble than Deadpool. Unlike Deadpool, Cable never really evolved that much from the generic Liefeld creation he began as. As such, Cable's kinda boring; just a serious guy who shoots stuff. Colossus was waaaayyyyy more entertaining than Cable, especially contrasted with Deadpool. I'd much rather see Colossus' innocent nobility play off Deadpool than Cable's Dirty Harry scowl.
    Meh, i didnt like the idea that the X-men wanted DP to join them.

So since they have their own universe im sure they are not going to follow the comic Cable idea of being a proactive Prof X.

Lol in some ways Deadpools more noble then Cable. Cable was really mission oriented, do whatever
    , sacrafice whoever to get the job done. Deadpool evolved into a more eff the big picture i care about here and now. Basicaly Cables worried about the mission DP cares more about the collateral damage, which is saying alot since its still DP. Lol Cable and DP make each other better and I can wait for this movie.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

lol, I like how big his role sounds in all this. Good storytelling.

I'd recommend reading some Cable comics. At the very least give Casey and Swierczynski a shot.

Amazing Member

Indeed, comments like the two at numbers 10 and 12 show how little they have read of Cable, (please don't take offence!) It is sad really, as he's a great character that has evolved a lot from his Liefeld beginnings. Along with Casey and Swierczynski's runs on Cable, Jeph Loeb also had a good one, and Robert Weinberg's long run may have been the best. Cable written by Fabian Nicieza during the first Cable and Deadpool series also understood his character.
    Last edited by markdienekes; 07-18-2016 at 05:46 AM.