Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

So I predict that the FF will return...after....a surprise appearance by the Silver Surfer in Infinity Wars next year, a' la Sony loaned Spider-Man to Avengers to reboot that franchise, so why can't Fox swallow their pride and do the same?

Incredible Member

Marvel is just increasing demand while at the same time giving them a well deserved break from a high profile past few years.

When they come back it'll be an event and it'll matter. I know every franchise says it but at the heart of the MU is the FF

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Yes, Crimz, time flies.... The 1 year title of this thread has suddenly become 2 years and before we know it we might be at 3 years, unless Fox and Marvel can come to terms.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The way things are at Marvel these days they are better left on the shelf. If the team did come back Marvel would probably replace most of the team with new younger members like Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl anyway and call it the all new Fantastic Four.

I think that there is a high chance that the FF will return in the pages of Marvel Legacy in September. It makes sense with it being "let’s just say, a last-page reveal that’s probably gonna [sic] break the internet,” and a return of a"beloved Marvel mainstay". I will be genuinely shocked if it isn't.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Niffleheim

They had a "Pretty Amazing Final Act" in Secret Wars and i can't believe how trollish Hickman was to devolve them into a bedtime story for Franklin. No More Superheroing for the Fantastic Four - just Science.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The way things are at Marvel these days they are better left on the shelf. If the team did come back Marvel would probably replace most of the team with new younger members like Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl anyway and call it the all new Fantastic Four.
    Doing that would be the opposite to what Legecy seems to be about.

I could see them bringing back Reed and Sue, but they don't bring back the team or book straight away though.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think the important question to ask right is where the FF would even fit into the MU right now. What role would they serve in this world? What unique corner could they occupy that isn't already being occupied by something else?

As mentioned already, Ultimates2 has sort of taken on the earth based cosmic hero angle. Human Torch has been active on an Avengers roster recently. I think the Avengers franchise has kind of crowded them out of the market for right now. I have no idea when they will be back, but it wouldn't surprise me if it weren't for a long time. I will say that the longer the break, the more likely, IMO, that the return will be the classic four and not a new mixture of replacements.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Amazing Member

Having only in the past 12-18 months got really into reading and collecting comics, this is one book that I'd love to see! It's importance and story telling is something I want to experience and I am hoping when they eventually come back that I will be able to jump straight in. Currently reading some of the older issues and trades to get an understanding of them. I know several other people like myself who want to read new FF and hope that time will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I think the important question to ask right is where the FF would even fit into the MU right now. What role would they serve in this world? What unique corner could they occupy that isn't already being occupied by something else?

As mentioned already, Ultimates2 has sort of taken on the earth based cosmic hero angle. Human Torch has been active on an Avengers roster recently. I think the Avengers franchise has kind of crowded them out of the market for right now. I have no idea when they will be back, but it wouldn't surprise me if it weren't for a long time. I will say that the longer the break, the more likely, IMO, that the return will be the classic four and not a new mixture of replacements.
    The should be straight-up explorers who happen to protect/save the world now and then. The Ultimates are really more protectors of the Earth from any space-centric threats while the other teams deal with more Earth-bound threats, either big like the Avengers or small like the new Defenders. The FF should encounter threats via their travel/explorations, not be a unit waiting to react to threats when they happen.

Amazing Member

I strongly suspect the Infamous Iron Man will segue into a new Fantastic Four series, featuring Victor Von Doom, Ben Grimm, and two brand new members.

Expect Bendis to be scripting.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post
    I strongly suspect the Infamous Iron Man will segue into a new Fantastic Four series, featuring Victor Von Doom, Ben Grimm, and two brand new members.

Expect Bendis to be scripting.
    Doom, Ben Grimm, Human Torch, and Kitty Pryde for some reason. Boom, New New Fantastic Four.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

They shall return when hope is needed the most.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."