Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Also I just remembered that weren't we supposed to originally get a Phil Jimenez variant cover? I wonder what happened to that or if that was just something they announced at the time just to hold the spot. Though maybe Jimenez couldn't do it which is why we got the Janin cover instead.

Edit: Looked at his twitter and he says it might have gotten pushed back. So I guess he still made one.
    He's doing the selfish variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He's doing the selfish variant.
    Actually, that isn't the selfie variant. It's an example of Dick Grayson taking a selfie, but the actual variant is this by Andrew Robinson:

Grayson Selfie.jpg

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Really had fun with the first issue. I'm in. I like that I have no history with these characters or the organizations present. And the art was on point.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Actually, that isn't the selfie variant. It's an example of Dick Grayson taking a selfie, but the actual variant is this by Andrew Robinson:

Grayson Selfie.jpg
    Oh cool, the Robinson one is much better.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-12-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Is anybody else noticing some scenes where it looks like Dick still has the Escrima sticks on his back. There is one in particular where it looks like he does but then other where it doesn't.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Is anybody else noticing some scenes where it looks like Dick still has the Escrima sticks on his back. There is one in particular where it looks like he does but then other where it doesn't.
    Yes. They're not visible when he boards the train (possibly under his jacket?), or while he's on it (when he's in disguise so all weaponry is out of sight), but they certainly seem to be there when he leaves the train again in what seems to be his default Spyral outfit.

Makes sense. After all, Spyral know his training and background, and it would make no sense whatsoever to abandon a form of fighting he's known to be skilled in if it's not inappropriate to how he's dressing at the time.

Astonishing Member

You know who else uses those?

So, how many plot lines are in play? C.A.I.N. Batman's mission....

Also in the panel where Frau Netz is dissecting the thing you can see in the monitor behind her that something "xenoform" was detected. is that just there or it has to do with what happened to Ninel and the organs in the jars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

Those are nightsticks

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post

Grayson Selfie.jpg
    I don't think Andrew Robinson understood what a selfie is. Kind of a shame he didn't do something more fun like the other books' variants. Like Alfred posing in the cape and cowl or Aquaman getting photobombed by a shark.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed the first issue, thought it was a good setup for the series. Cant wait for the next issue!

With Grayson ranking #3 in the Comixology bestsellers along with being sold out (even the bloody expensive Janin cover) in all branches of my regular comic store, that's pretty much telling something.
    Earlier, I mentioned that I am reserving my judgement until I get my hands on Grayson and now that I've read it, I'd say the future of his solo adventures as a Spyral agent looks *very* promising.
    If Steely, King, and Janin keeps up the quality of their work in the following issues, I may get convinced that once his undercover mission from Batman is over, that he no longer returns to Gotham and continue (and perhaps elevate his rank) in Spyral.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Fatale View Post
    With Grayson ranking #3 in the Comixology bestsellers along with being sold out (even the bloody expensive Janin cover) in all branches of my regular comic store, that's pretty much telling something.
    Earlier, I mentioned that I am reserving my judgement until I get my hands on Grayson and now that I've read it, I'd say the future of his solo adventures as a Spyral agent looks *very* promising.
    If Steely, King, and Janin keeps up the quality of their work in the following issues, I may get convinced that once his undercover mission from Batman is over, that he no longer returns to Gotham and continue (and perhaps elevate his rank) in Spyral.
    I agree. Their is a lot of potential in this. The character had become very stagnant in the Night Wing role in my opinion. With this approach to the character he isn't defined by a costume. He can be what he needs to be whenever he needs to be it in order to accomplish a mission. A very cool thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

Whoa ! Moon boots are BACK !!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Fatale View Post
    Can you provide a link? I bought the bloody expensive Jock cover.