Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah that's not true at all. They worked FINE when they were used competently, the same as every other group of characters. But a lot of the current leadership at DC has a hard on for the Silver Age, so they tended to get crapped on in favor of the "classic" characters. That's not a problem with the characters, that's a problem with editorial philosophy. If they're not your favorite generation, that's fine. But don't flippantly dismiss them like that. They have lots of fans and it's really disrespectful, plus just flat out factually untrue. You don't tear other characters down just to build yours up, it kind of hurts your credibility.
    Its true enough. Its been nothing but downhill for Tim, Kon, and Bart after the 90's, and Cassie never really ever amounted to much. And thanks to DC continual effort to make them work, Teen Titans became a casualty. Teen Titans credibly has become comical under Tim's generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Uhh...only Dick and Wally succeeded in this generation.
    Dick and Wally are the most successful out of the group, but they were all flying high during NTT's hey day. And then there's Cyborg, who is on the rise, and Starfire, Best Boy, and Raven have done ok for themselves. The cartoon helps.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Spoiler and Cassandra Cain are different stories, though.
    Steph yes, i mean she started as just a supporting character for Tim, but slowly but surely became more then that. Cass though i don't know.

penetrator of things

So, Grayson #1 has sold out and is getting a second printing.

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...econd-printing
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Uhh...only Dick and Wally succeeded in this generation.
    Not really, Donna and Roy were pretty well off. Roy was fine until Cry for Justice, Donna was doing fine, and then all the other members of the New Teen Titans were suppoting/leading Tim's gen so I would call that succeeding.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post

I came here to post this. Good news! Congrats to the creative team. Keep it going!!

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    I came here to post this. Good news! Congrats to the creative team. Keep it going!!
    Pretty much everything with Dick in it sells.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Pretty much everything with Dick in it sells.
    DC never seems to figure this out; it's as if Didio's disdain for the character outweighs selling funny books. BTW, I see a gap in this article between August and October. Where is our September Dick Dose?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC never seems to figure this out; it's as if Didio's disdain for the character outweighs selling funny books. BTW, I see a gap in this article between August and October. Where is our September Dick Dose?
    The September issue will be the Futures End tie-in written by King. It has its own number (Grayson Futures End 1) and is not considered part of the main sequence of the title. All the other September tie-ins, except maybe Flash because of its ongoing time-travel storyline, will work the same way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    The September issue will be the Futures End tie-in written by King. It has its own number (Grayson Futures End 1) and is not considered part of the main sequence of the title. All the other September tie-ins, except maybe Flash because of its ongoing time-travel storyline, will work the same way.
    Thanks! For a few minutes, I was afraid that my September would be Dick-Less.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Thanks! For a few minutes, I was afraid that my September would be Dick-Less.
    That's probably the first time I've laughed at a post kudos.

I was thinking about it, but is Midnighter the first other non-Batman family DC hero Dick has spoken to since the reboot that wasn't in like a very brief flashback or something? I was trying to think if there had been anyone else. I know he and Platinum briefly spoke in that JL issue where they were looking for new members, but Johns might have retconned that given he sort of gave her, and the rest of the Metal Men, a new origin and introduction in that more recent JL issue. Didn't think Midnighter would be the first hero he spoke to, haha.

I was wondering when we would possibly get an announcement like this. Curious to see what the reorder numbers look like and if any of the other upcoming new series sell out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I was thinking about it, but is Midnighter the first other non-Batman family DC hero Dick has spoken to since the reboot that wasn't in like a very brief flashback or something? I was trying to think if there had been anyone else. I know he and Platinum briefly spoke in that JL issue where they were looking for new members, but Johns might have retconned that given he sort of gave her, and the rest of the Metal Men, a new origin and introduction in that more recent JL issue. Didn't think Midnighter would be the first hero he spoke to, haha.

I was wondering when we would possibly get an announcement like this. Curious to see what the reorder numbers look like and if any of the other upcoming new series sell out too.
    I think it's safe to assume that Dick probably talked to everyone in Watchtower when they were looking for recruits.

Best news in my life! XDXDXD

As a Dick Grayson fan, regardless of the masks he wear and the roles he play, reading this makes me so happy. Well that puts the close-minded people who doesn't believe in Grayson's potential to eat their words. I wonder if they regret it and are among those listed waiting for the second print, heheh.

Though on a different spectrum, the journey from Nightwing to Grayson is especially a tough one, given the fiasco that is Forever Evil and the way Dick was used as merely a plot device and a damsel in distress (maybe that's what irked many fans in the first place, including myself >.<). Had the transition been clear and his role much more expanded during the event itself, the new creative team may have not received that big of a backlash when Nightwing was cancelled and Grayson was in the works.

I don't mind Nightwing coming back for a time (heck, I enjoyed his DickBats run very muchly) and I can't wait to read how Grayson fleshes out every month.
    Last edited by Darkness Fatale; 07-16-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick and Wally are the most successful out of the group, but they were all flying high during NTT's hey day. And then there's Cyborg, who is on the rise, and Starfire, Best Boy, and Raven have done ok for themselves. The cartoon helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Not really, Donna and Roy were pretty well off. Roy was fine until Cry for Justice, Donna was doing fine, and then all the other members of the New Teen Titans were suppoting/leading Tim's gen so I would call that succeeding.
    Uh, how was Donna doing fine? Her entire history was a goddamn mess, and no-one at DC even knew what the hell to with her. The only one of the original Titans that was worse off than her is Garth.

And Roy's slide into mediocrity began well before a Cry For Justice. That was just the killing blow.

And Cyborg was pretty much a non-entity before his JLA membership raised his status. Beast Boy and Raven? When was the last time either of them did anything of note? Starfire really only endured because of her relationship with Dick, after that went down the crapper, so did she.

Dick and Wally are superstars by comparison.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Uh, how was Donna doing fine? Her entire history was a goddamn mess, and no-one at DC even knew what the hell to with her. The only one of the original Titans that was worse off than her is Garth.

And Roy's slide into mediocrity began well before a Cry For Justice. That was just the killing blow.

And Cyborg was pretty much a non-entity before his JLA membership raised his status. Beast Boy and Raven? When was the last time either of them did anything of note? Starfire really only endured because of her relationship with Dick, after that went down the crapper, so did she.

Yeah basically what I was going to say.

Cyborg is doing well now because DC is specifically pushing him, but he's not the breakout character Dick and Wally were.

And the rest have struggled.

Anyway, good news on Grayson getting sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post

I meant that Donna was stable during the 2000s and its really only her origin thats confusing.

Garth always had it the worst.

This is also just opinion, it's not fact.