Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGamer8229 View Post
    Can you tell me why you wouldn't watch the show?
    I personally prefer the prominence of Flash as one of the first two major heroes in his universe.
    I also can't imagine the show being half as good without Tom Cavanaugh, so if you told me before the series began that Reverse Flash wouldn't be in the show until season 2-4 I'd be cool with it, but in hindsight his arc in the first season was great and he is consistently the best actor week in and week out.
    I also don't like the length you suggest. While it could lose 5-6 episodes I think 6-13 would lead to a lot of lost character development. I also enjoy well done villain of the week episodes, as it makes it feel like a real comic world. Not every week is a huge crisis. Especially considering the Flash has a massive rogues gallery to play with.

I don't really want all my tv to feel like 1 long movie. Also season 2 of Daredevil (which I love) failed to wrap up a single plotline because 13 episodes didn't give it enough time. Daredevil also struggles to balance giving time to Matt's personal life and relationships. They never showed him, foggy and Karen becoming this super tight unit, they just asserted it happened and you had to buy it. I also have no clue how they survived in season 1 since they clearly never did real work. The best example is early in the show when Matt went like 3 episodes after the premier almost never interacting with Karen and Foggy, his main supporting cast, because they needed to pound out the Russian story by the end of episode 5. In a longer season you could've had a couple less important episodes to build relationships and character development early in the year before having Matt break off from the others for 3 episodes. Similarly after that arc Night Nurse is just written out cause they no longer have time for her, which would be fine if they hadn't spent so much time building that up over other relationships.

Things I like from your pitch:
    1) A smarter Barry. Yes please!
    2) Show lasts 4 or 6 seasons. I've never seen a show go longer than 6 without a serious decline in quality.
    Last edited by dan12456; 05-03-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    Maybe they probably can,season 1 was very contained story probably because they didn't expect season 2 but now they are experimenting and setting things up for future seasons,I am loving season 2 but as it is I don't think its going to top season 1
    Season 2 is just a rehashrehash of Season One. Barry trusts someone who teaches him how to go faster and oh, they betray him and they turn out to be the big bad of the season. Sound familiar? That's the synopsis for both seasons. Experimenting my foot.

Fantastic Member

Season 2 is just a rehashrehash of Season One. Barry trusts someone who teaches him how to go faster and oh, they betray him and they turn out to be the big bad of the season. Sound familiar? That's the synopsis for both seasons. Experimenting my foot.
    Well you really aren't paying attention to the characters and trying to nit pick then,reverse flash was more personal in his attempts while zoom doesn't play at all,we are messing with earth 2,Cisco is messing with his powers more,Jesse just got a shot of v9,we got wally and his dynamics with his family and Barry and the flash as he called it and the man in the iron mask and we are doing flashpoint in coming weeks so yeah formula might sound the same but execution is definitely different
    Last edited by yash; 05-03-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I personally prefer the prominence of Flash as one of the first two major heroes in his universe.
    I also can't imagine the show being half as good without Tom Cavanaugh, so if you told me before the series began that Reverse Flash wouldn't be in the show until season 2-4 I'd be cool with it, but in hindsight his arc in the first season was great and he is consistently the best actor week in and week out.
    I also don't like the length you suggest. While it could lose 5-6 episodes I think 6-13 would lead to a lot of lost character development. I also enjoy well done villain of the week episodes, as it makes it feel like a real comic world. Not every week is a huge crisis. Especially considering the Flash has a massive rogues gallery to play with.

I don't really want all my tv to feel like 1 long movie. Also season 2 of Daredevil (which I love) failed to wrap up a single plotline because 13 episodes didn't give it enough time. Daredevil also struggles to balance giving time to Matt's personal life and relationships. They never showed him, foggy and Karen becoming this super tight unit, they just asserted it happened and you had to buy it. I also have no clue how they survived in season 1 since they clearly never did real work. The best example is early in the show when Matt went like 3 episodes after the premier almost never interacting with Karen and Foggy, his main supporting cast, because they needed to pound out the Russian story by the end of episode 5. In a longer season you could've had a couple less important episodes to build relationships and character development early in the year before having Matt break off from the others for 3 episodes. Similarly after that arc Night Nurse is just written out cause they no longer have time for her, which would be fine if they hadn't spent so much time building that up over other relationships.

Things I like from your pitch:
    1) A smarter Barry. Yes please!
    2) Show lasts 4 or 6 seasons. I've never seen a show go longer than 6 without a serious decline in quality.
    I already added to the original post as to the individual synopsis for each season is which also shows who the main villain for each season would be. Five seasons with a mini series to end it all called, The Final Days of the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Anyone who has watched Dr. Who knows full well that even in the 13 episode format, filler episodes exist.

Your idea is untenable because DC will not allow characters outside a certain milieu to appear on the show. Movies trump the shows, which is why Harley Quinn was teased but not used in Arrow, why Deadshot was removed from Arrow and why we have Atom rather than Blue Beetle on the Legends of Tomorrow.

A documentary is not going to sell people on a new TV show on TV. That first episode needs to set the concept of the show up. It needs to shove the protagonist in our face and introduce us to the supporting cast. What you are describing is the opening credits of the Watchmen, essentially. It would be fine for Netflix or a movie, not so much for the CW.

Barry basically IS the Silver Age hero of the Arrowverse. Oliver is dark and brooding, the way early Golden Age heroes were (and the characters that inspired them in the pulp noir genre). The Flash is a rejection of that overwhelming darkness and realism and embraces the sillier side of Superheroes, with gorillas and a goofy main character.
    Well, Doctor Who is Doctor Who. That's a show that does not have an end in sight and will continue on and on for generations to come. Shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and True Detective all have shorter seasons and they don't have filler to accompany them. Game of Thrones has 10 episodes, True Detective had 8 and Breaking Bad had 11 or 13. The point is that you don't need to have 22 episodes to make a successful show. You can have as long as needed to be effectively tell a story.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How is blue beetle more relevant than the atom?
    The original plan was to use Ted Kord but DC pulled Kord away. They want to use him in the movies.

It doesn't matter who you use, the story was changed to accommodate accordingly. It was just something that anyone crafting a TV show needs to be aware of.

Well, Doctor Who is Doctor Who. That's a show that does not have an end in sight and will continue on and on for generations to come. Shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and True Detective all have shorter seasons and they don't have filler to accompany them. Game of Thrones has 10 episodes, True Detective had 8 and Breaking Bad had 11 or 13. The point is that you don't need to have 22 episodes to make a successful show. You can have as long as needed to be effectively tell a story.
    I would argue that Breaking bad had filler sections. Game of Thrones really should have more episodes per season.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Star Trek TNG and DS9 both went 7 seasons and the quality did not suffer.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 05-03-2016 at 04:01 PM.

What movies could you have ted kord in? Since when is he a big deal?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What movies could you have ted kord in? Since when is he a big deal?
    Who knows, Zack Snyder likes him and called dibs.

For the first three seasons you dont have a good description like the last three. Especially the first season because you spend too much time describing the first episode. But the 6 season limit and the idea of the JSA are good ideas.

I cant say i'd watch your show because the ideas are too rough and there isnt much to say it would be better than what we have already. Even if I do agree about Season 2 being them not trying new things because the whole Zoom arc feels like a rehash of last year. There are some aspects I like such as the Barry-Patty relationship, Earth 2, Cisco becoming Vibe but Zoom isnt as compelling as Thawne.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For the first three seasons you dont have a good description like the last three. Especially the first season because you spend too much time describing the first episode. But the 6 season limit and the idea of the JSA are good ideas.

I cant say i'd watch your show because the ideas are too rough and there isnt much to say it would be better than what we have already. Even if I do agree about Season 2 being them not trying new things because the whole Zoom arc feels like a rehash of last year. There are some aspects I like such as the Barry-Patty relationship, Earth 2, Cisco becoming Vibe but Zoom isnt as compelling as Thawne.
    Ehh zoom is a different beast all together, reverse flash will always be the prime bad guy,that guy takes it personally,zoom is just powerful and he wouldn't care if Barry suffers or not,its like bane and joker,I like them but I like them for different reasons zoom is more badass though