Page 219 of 228 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange 2 is happening:
    https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-conf...tor-strange-2/

I think that it will be the third film of 2020 after Guardians 3 and Black Widow.
    We knew it was happening. It's just taking longer time than usual.

Having seen Marvel's latest, here is how I rank the 20 movies of the MCU:

1. Avengers: Infinity War
    2. Avengers
    3. Captain America: Civil War
    4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    5. Iron Man
    6. Thor: Ragnarok
    7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    8. Black Panther
    9. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    10. Captain America: The First Avenger
    11. GOTG
    12. Doctor Strange
    13. GOTG 2
    14. Ant-Man and the Wasp
    15. Ant-Man
    16. Thor
    17. Iron Man 2
    18. Incredible Hulk
    19. Thor: Dark World
    20 Iron Man 3

My MCU rankings now are

1: Avengers Infinity War.
    2: Captain America Civil War.
    3: Captain America the Winter Soldier.
    4: Guardians of the Galaxy.
    5: Avengers.
    6: Thor Ragnarok.
    7: Iron Man.
    8: Black Panther.
    9: Captain America the First Avenger.
    10: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
    11: Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    12: Avengers Age of Ultron.
    13: Dr. Strange.
    14: Ant-Man.
    15: Spider-Man Homecoming.
    16: Iron Man 3.
    17: Thor.
    18: The Incredible Hulk.
    19: Iron Man 2.
    20: Thor the Dark World.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Wow I'm surprised to see Infinity War so high. I enjoyed it a lot, but the lack of an ending was a major strike against it as a film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Wow I'm surprised to see Infinity War so high. I enjoyed it a lot, but the lack of an ending was a major strike against it as a film.
    I have four words about movies without an ending: The Empire Strikes Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I have four words about movies without an ending: The Empire Strikes Back.
    Empire got a fair number of complaints too, back when it was first released.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Empire got a fair number of complaints too, back when it was first released.
    And history proved them wrong. almost 40 years later it still usually tops "my favourite Star wars movies" lists.

Infinity War was good IMO it may not be the best story the Captain America sequels have better stories IMO but seeing everyone together just puts it over the edge for me. I think Black Panther is a better story than Thor Ragnarok but I love Ragnarok it's just insanely entertaining and that how I judge MCU films my enjoyment.

BANNED

thoughts on Ant man and Wasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    thoughts on Ant man and Wasp?
    I thought it fun and even enjoyed more than the first one completely happy by it.

Ant-Man and the Wasp Failed Marvel's First Lead Female Superhero
    https://movieweb.com/ant-man-2-why-w...ale-superhero/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp Failed Marvel's First Lead Female Superhero
    https://movieweb.com/ant-man-2-why-w...ale-superhero/
    While I agree(to an extent) that Hope didn't have much development, saying that the movie failed or that Hope wasn't as important character as Scott is just wrong. Hope was already a bland character to begin with, it's not surprising that just putting on tights would suddenly make her more interesting. Though I think she was better here than in the first movie.

And it's not easy to match Paul Rudd's charm anyway. No shame.

Took my son to see Ant-Man & The Wasp today.

I enjoyed it. I definitely think it's better than the original. The villains are more interesting and/or entertaining than Darren Cross was, I liked the way they played the dynamics between characters, the new cast additions (like Foster) were solid. Action was on the level I've come to expect from Marvel. Humor was largely on-point, the sight-gags were good, and the whole thing was just solidly entertaining.

I don't think it really said anything new, or did anything all that different, from other MCU movies. But it was good.

The teaser at the end was great. That was the most badass post-credits scene Marvel has provided in a long damn time.

The giant ant gag went way over the top though. Ya'll know what I mean.

Did it fail Wasp? I dunno. Maybe a little. Hope was working with a handicap from the start, I think (which isn't an excuse). She's not a terribly interesting character in the first place (unlike someone like Valkyre, who had my full attention from her first drunken stumble) and it's been Scott's story we've been following, so there's greater need to catch us up with him. But they definitely could have handled her better, given her more to do, more agency, more personality. It's hard to match Rudd's charm (as SpiderClops said) but they could've tried. But I feel like the Wasp (Janet, at least) has largely always been more of an attache to other characters. Janet's story has always been about other people. Or so it seems to me anyway, I'm far from an expert. And Hope being a Janet stand-in.....I never really expected her to have a personal journey I guess.

I am curious if they way they handled Ghost will add any fuel to the rumor fires that Thunderbolts is in the pipeline.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Did it fail Wasp? I dunno. Maybe a little. Hope was working with a handicap from the start, I think (which isn't an excuse). She's not a terribly interesting character in the first place (unlike someone like Valkyre, who had my full attention from her first drunken stumble) and it's been Scott's story we've been following, so there's greater need to catch us up with him. But they definitely could have handled her better, given her more to do, more agency, more personality. It's hard to match Rudd's charm (as SpiderClops said) but they could've tried. But I feel like the Wasp (Janet, at least) has largely always been more of an attache to other characters. Janet's story has always been about other people. Or so it seems to me anyway, I'm far from an expert. And Hope being a Janet stand-in.....I never really expected her to have a personal journey I guess.
    Hope has one motivation, rescuing her mother so now if we get a 3, I'm not sure what else is there to do? Aside from her relationship with Scott. I do wonder if had she been Janet from the beginning, would her character be less snippy. She didn't have that in 2 as she did in the last film where she almost became unlikable, here, I think now that she has the suit, she's less hard about things. Hence when she teases Scott's kid sized problems. She had 2 modes, bouncing off Scott and focused on her mother. That's it, more than the last film but I think she's still in mind of adjustment of attitude which might likely happen post A4.

At the end, it is her story but it's from Scott POV hence he gets the primary focus.