Page 185 of 228 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3417
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think for Iron Fist s2 I would like them to try telling an Urban Fantasy story as that might be a good middle-ground between the grounded nature of the Netflix shows and the mystical nature of Iron Fist.
    I feel the need to point out that Iron Fist and much of Daredevil has been about an ancient, evil cult of ninjas who are digging up New York looking for actual magical dragon bones to sustain their immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like they gotta do something. That show was very underwhelming.

They can start by making Danny less of a entitled, whiny bitch. And if he could go five minutes without telling people he's the immortal Iron Fist? That'd be nice too.

As for the continuity.....man, I'm done with it. If you think its not connected, cool. If you think it is, great. Its a stupid argument for us to be having and I don't want to partake anymore.

I mean, we're days away from Black friggin Panther (squee) and Avengers 3 is right around the corner. We got much better things to talk about!
    The MCU is marketed as an established universe where everything is connected so talking about if they pulled it off is fair game. They have done some things well and other things not so well.

I'd settle for more of a crossover btw the TV shows and just leave the movies alone. I do wanna see how the TV characters would deal with the Sokovia accords and registration (if they still are a thing). That something I want them to do with Iron Fist as a fun in-joke to Civil War. Mark Millar joked that he originally wanted to unmask Iron Fist as he thought they wouldn't use Spidey for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I feel the need to point out that Iron Fist and much of Daredevil has been about an ancient, evil cult of ninjas who are digging up New York looking for actual magical dragon bones to sustain their immortality.
    I know but I just want Iron Fist to focus on it more than the others. That should be his niche or what he brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The MCU is marketed as an established universe where everything is connected so talking about if they pulled it off is fair game. They have done some things well and other things not so well.

I'd settle for more of a crossover btw the TV shows and just leave the movies alone. I do wanna see how the TV characters would deal with the Sokovia accords and registration (if they still are a thing). That something I want them to do with Iron Fist as a fun in-joke to Civil War. Mark Millar joked that he originally wanted to unmask Iron Fist as he thought they wouldn't use Spidey for that.
    Oh, talking about whether they pulled the shared universe off well is certainly a viable topic. But arguing about whether its actually a shared universe at all? That is a discussion I'm just tired of having, and considering everything that shows it is a single continuity (including the words of Fiege himself).....I dont see the point in arguing the fact with people who apparently wont accept the connection until Phil Coulson walks onto a movie screen with Quake and May on either side, looks at the audience, and says "Boy, I sure have missed the Avengers after running SHIELD on ABC for the last few years!"

I get where they're coming from. The movies don't reference the shows directly. And that really does suck. I wish it were different (I'd love to see Quake and Stark interact, honestly). There's a mountain of reasons for this lopsided dynamic, and odds are the top one is that Fiege just doesn't want to bother trying to coordinate it, because that would involve dealing with separate divisions, legal contracts, filming schedules......that's a lot of stuff to handle on top of all the stuff he already has to coordinate, especially considering a big chunk of a MCU movie's audience doesn't watch the tv stuff and won't give a damn about Melinda May walking across the set. But its an argument I'm tired of getting into. If someone wants to say its not connected, more power to them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I watched the 2008 Incredible Hulk movie last night as part of my MCU watch through. Definitely one of, if not the, weakest products of the MCU. It's not a bad film, it's just pretty dull.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I've purposely not been paying attention to any of the lead-up to Infinity War, but I personally did read something in the fall about Peter Dinklage's character potentially being Eitri the Dwarf King of Nidavellir. Any confirmation of these rumors? And is that where Thor is headed with the Guardians in the trailers, where he ends up pulling some giant wheel to potentially help forge a new weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I've purposely not been paying attention to any of the lead-up to Infinity War, but I personally did read something in the fall about Peter Dinklage's character potentially being Eitri the Dwarf King of Nidavellir. Any confirmation of these rumors? And is that where Thor is headed with the Guardians in the trailers, where he ends up pulling some giant wheel to potentially help forge a new weapon?
    Lego sets seem to indicate that Thor heads to the Dwarves in Nidavellir to forge Jarnbjorn to fight Thanos alongside Rocket and Groot.

I guess I could see Dinklage in that role but I think it's equally likely he's voicing one of the Black Order (or maybe both?).

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lego sets seem to indicate that Thor heads to the Dwarves in Nidavellir to forge Jarnbjorn to fight Thanos alongside Rocket and Groot.

I guess I could see Dinklage in that role but I think it's equally likely he's voicing one of the Black Order (or maybe both?).
    Could he be Pip the Troll?

-Pav, who thinks that'd be fun...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I watched the 2008 Incredible Hulk movie last night as part of my MCU watch through. Definitely one of, if not the, weakest products of the MCU. It's not a bad film, it's just pretty dull.
    I actually really enjoy it myself, right up until the final fight. That's just.....it's too predictable you know? Everything stops being as good right after Banner jumps out of the plane. After that it's pretty generic.

But I think tonally its probably one of the most unique films in the MCU.

I suspect that Marvel treated Iron Man and Incredible Hulk as a kind of "litmus test" to see what approach audiences would respond to. Hulk was more serious and treated as more of a drama, while Iron Man went for more of a light touch and more humor. Iron Man was the more successful film, and Marvel recycled that formula until Winter Soldier, when they tried to go back to the more serious dramatic approach.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-11-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I actually really enjoy it myself, right up until the final fight. That's just.....it's too predictable you know? Everything stops being as good right after Banner jumps out of the plane. After that it's pretty generic.
    Honestly, I thought the Hulk vs. Abomination fight was the highlight of the film, and one of the better Hulk fights since he didn't just plow through the bad guys like he does in the Avengers movies.

Plus we got the Thunder Clap and a "Hulk Smash." That was worth the price of admission .

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    The problem with the Hulk movies (the Hulk is my favorite Marvel character btw) is that modern writers feel that they have to ignore so many fundamental aspects of the Hulk's mythos to make it work in a modern context: Gamma Base/Bomb, military espionage, Cold War paranoia, fear of radiation, etc. I'm just not a fan of tying in the Hulk's origin with the Super Soldier Serum. With a little work, the classic Hulk origin could work and I'll go to the grave believing that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    The problem with the Hulk movies (the Hulk is my favorite Marvel character btw) is that modern writers feel that they have to ignore so many fundamental aspects of the Hulk's mythos to make it work in a modern context: Gamma Base/Bomb, military espionage, Cold War paranoia, fear of radiation, etc. I'm just not a fan of tying in the Hulk's origin with the Super Soldier Serum. With a little work, the classic Hulk origin could work and I'll go to the grave believing that.
    How do you do a story that is so rooted in the Cold War in an age where the cold War was over ages ago? It's like trying to keep the Korean War aspects of the Iron Man origin in a story that has this origin set in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How do you do a story that is so rooted in the Cold War in an age where the cold War was over ages ago? It's like trying to keep the Korean War aspects of the Iron Man origin in a story that has this origin set in 2005.
    Technically, that's the Hulk's modern origin in 2018 continuity. It's similar to the FF. In a new FF series, it would be perfectly reasonable for an Elon Musk type character to fund their flight into the cosmic ray belt. Extrapolating from that idea, I see no reason why Banner can't toss Rick Jones into a trench in a modern context. It might be an accident or privately funded research.

I feel like they gotta do something. That show was very underwhelming.

They can start by making Danny less of a entitled, whiny bitch. And if he could go five minutes without telling people he's the immortal Iron Fist? That'd be nice too.

As for the continuity.....man, I'm done with it. If you think its not connected, cool. If you think it is, great. Its a stupid argument for us to be having and I don't want to partake anymore.

I mean, we're days away from Black friggin Panther (squee) and Avengers 3 is right around the corner. We got much better things to talk about!
    Truth, you're very on point. Say what you will about Bright i think they had an awesome blend of realism and mystical. Why the hell not take so elements from it for Iron Fist, when you add the kung fu his show should be the best of all the other series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    Technically, that's the Hulk's modern origin in 2018 continuity. It's similar to the FF. In a new FF series, it would be perfectly reasonable for an Elon Musk type character to fund their flight into the cosmic ray belt. Extrapolating from that idea, I see no reason why Banner can't toss Rick Jones into a trench in a modern context. It might be an accident or privately funded research.
    That's just copying the old stories. Which have themes ("Cold War paranoia, fear of radiation, etc.") that stopped being relevant before half the audience was born.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Truth, you're very on point. Say what you will about Bright i think they had an awesome blend of realism and mystical. Why the hell not take so elements from it for Iron Fist, when you add the kung fu his show should be the best of all the other series.
    Bright was great, I dont know what all the bitching is about.

I think there were a lot of poor directions taken with Iron Fist, from treating Danny like an entitled idiot to not making the actor do any physical training to the budget being too small for what they were trying to do.

Basically, they just need a new showrunner who can pick up the pieces and make something decent out of it. I think the actor himself is good for the role, he just needs better material to work with and a trainer who can make him look like a guy who can fight. I mean, the way he looked in season 1, I don't believe he could beat me to the kitchen, much less beat a dragon into submission.

~ Black Panther.