Page 207 of 228 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the dream team!
    Kevin Feige making a note to himself as we speak, "don't put these three together again..."
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Okay this guy really needs to get a damned life.... The Forbes article CLEARLY stated in it's title that it contained spoilers, it repeatedly warns the reader for three damned paragraphs that there are major spoilers in the last half of the article and had a huge gap midway through full of spaced lined with further warnings that spoilers were ahead. So any idiot who read the entire article and got upset about spoilers is just an attention seeking, over dramatic snowflake as there is absolutely NO WAY that a person could 'accidentally' be exposed to spoilers in that article unless they are literally too stupid to breathe on their own.
    It’s not that. It’s about others using the information from the article to spread spoilers everywhere in forums and whatever else.

It’s also business ethics. There are embargoes in place. In order to take everyone else clicks, this guy decided to break the embargo for selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    It’s not that. It’s about others using the information from the article to spread spoilers everywhere in forums and whatever else.

It’s also business ethics. There are embargoes in place. In order to take everyone else clicks, this guy decided to break the embargo for selfish reasons.
    Then Disney should ban them from premiers... of all their movies.

It would be a very effective move.

But anyway, I don't feel sorry for people who go on social media and get spoiled by people being... social. This is what social media has been about for years now. You will have the people who generally just want to talk about something they just saw, people who want to talk abotu something they just read, and then dickheads who are just being dickheads.

I don't use twitter, I keep my fun IG and personal IG separate so I haven't seen any movie stuff there, i don't use FB... and despite being on forums, reddit, and even 4chan... the only spoilers I have seen are the ones i've looked for.

People need to take some personal responsiblity and have some damn self control
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If you're looking for a primer to ready yourself for Infinity War, take a look at this. I talk about the Infinity Trilogy by Starlin and give some thoughts about what we could be expecting in the new movie.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

All-New Member

just finished watching the movie, you guys have no idea how badass Thor is.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    If you're looking for a primer to ready yourself for Infinity War, take a look at this. I talk about the Infinity Trilogy by Starlin and give some thoughts about what we could be expecting in the new movie.

Infinity Gauntlet is one of Marvel's greatest stories, Infinity War is merely good, and Infinity Crusade is boring.

Got ticket booked for bright-n-early Friday. Only gotta stay spoiler-free for one more day. ONE MORE DAY!

...if I say it loud enough, will Mephisto show up and offer to beam me forwards in time in exchange for, like, the memory of my first kiss or something similarly dumb?
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Starlin on Thanos...

"The Avengers the Infinity War! I really have to watch what I say here, so as to not spoil the many surprises this film holds (even for me). So let me stick with generalities, with a few specifics tossed in at the end, concerning Josh Brolin. Visually spectacular, as are all the Marvel movies. But this film hits emotional depths few of the others have even come close to, yet humor takes center stage at all the rights moments.

There are a couple times my chest constricted from what I was seeing, making me want to cry. You’ll recognize those instances when you watch the film. Brolin is an incredible Thanos, moving and emoting just as I tried to portray him in the comics. The movie’s two and a half running time shoots past nearly unnoticed. The thing is though, I feel I’m going to have to view the film a number of more times before I get a solid grip on just how good it is. Still at that rather stunned point.

Yes, I know my opinion should be considered a bit biased, because of my connection to the production but the Russos, Markus, McFeely and everyone else involved in this film get my heartfelt thanks for bringping everyone’s favorite Titan to life in the best way possible, in a jaw-droppingly awesome fashion. Ten out of ten thumbs up."

Starlin doesn't praise lightly.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Starlin on Thanos...

I've watched Infinity wars yesterday. I won't spoil anything but Brolin's Thanos is probably the best BIG villain of a superhero movie in long time.

BANNED

"Ten out of ten thumbs up."
    That's not normal, Jim. You should let a doctor have a look at that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post

Then let The House of Mouse sue.

If Disney WANTED everything to be PRIVATE-how about this- No early showings for anybody.

Your movie premiere will be the DAY of release.

That ends everything.

It's a stupid movie-who really cares? Just because it's out there does not mean one has to look at it.

Starlin on Thanos...

I remember he mentioned in a previous interview a few years ago, around when Guardians came out, he said the MCU was using "his Thanos" while throwing shade at how the comics were writing him .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember he mentioned in a previous interview a few years ago, around when Guardians came out, he said the MCU was using "his Thanos" while throwing shade at how the comics were writing him .
    Can confirm that while the motivations aren't exactly the same, the vibe and tone of MCU Thanos right now is closest you can get to an adaptation of Starlin's Thanos. If anything, there's some more subtlety to MCU Thanos that I actually prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It definitely wasn't the current Thanos who just kills to be a sadistic dick.

I don't think it is quite Starlins' Thanos but it is closer to that than the current Thanos.

I think this Thanos was better than both IMO...

Back from Infinity War. That...that is going to be difficult to talk about even without #ThanosDemandsSuchandsuch in place.

The main thing I took away from my screening was the reaction of the audience when the credits rolled. Not cheers or laughter, not angry murmuring or a sigh of relief or resignation. Just...silence. Total silence. And it earned that, because Infinity War works out in a way that could only happen when you're dealing with the biggest chapter of the most successful overall film franchise in history (and, y'know, already have a sequel confirmed for next year). A lot of people will be confused by it. Some will actively hate it and I fully understand it.

Me, I was damn near applauding.

Not doing proper spoilers yet, but random bullet-point thoughts:

- Thanos was worth it. All these years of (let's be honest) kinda boring build-up is fully redeemed and then some. He's the best villain of the MCU by a fair stretch (yes, including Loki, Killmonger and Kingpin) (actually Fisk is a pretty good comparison), might just be the best performance of Josh Brolin's career performance capture or no, and no we haven't seen the last of him.

- The Black Order don't fare nearly so well, and mostly just exist so the Avengers can claim some decent 'wins' without punking Thanos early. Ebony Maw comes off pretty well, mind, but Corvus and Proxima are limited, and Cull...well he always sucked, didn't he?

- Bloody hell, Thor. Bloody hell. I mean, everyone gets to look cool in the film but even more so than Ragnarok, MCU Thor is starting to catch up with Comics Thor in his OPness.

- Drax is on peak form and I continue to love him. Mantis gets a lot more love than expected too.

- "I am Steve Rogers" is somehow the best punchline?

- Some people will be mad at Doctor Strange after this for what looks like a lie or betrayal, but...it really is a matter of sticking to the core of the character. There was no choice for him.

- There's a bit of a reversal with how they use Peter Dinklage that goes uncommented on but amused me greatly.

- Also that bit when A Certain Character turns up around the halfway point I was all "WHAT AAAAAA WHAT AAAAAA WHAT". I can't be more specific.

Just...f***, man. What a movie.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.