Page 167 of 228 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3417
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm not sure if Disney/Marvel can just ship the shows "as is", elsewhere. They're produced mainly via Netflix, right?

I really hope, whatever happens, we get more Matt, Foggy, and Karen. I've grown to kind of love both season, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ugh, is there anything Perlmutter doesn't ruin? I can't wait for the day when Marvel gets a new CEO/chairman... Anyway, is it possible Disney will be more hands-on with this Marvel project, considering it will air on the SAME platform as other Disney productions? It is one thing to butcher the Inhumans over at ABC, and it's another to butcher a Marvel property on this brand new platform they're hyping, so close to other Disney properties that I assume they want to have financial and critical success. I mean, this show will be promoted alongside the Star Wars show, so you KNOW that the expectations will be high. They HAVE to know they can't afford another fiasco, right? I'm really hoping they won't disappoint. If that means kicking Perlmutter's ass out of Marvel Television just like they did in the movies, fine by me.
    Well, the fact that this is a new service trying to break into a new industry and re-shuffle the dynamic therein might mean that they'll be extra careful and cautious and ensure every new show is as good as it can be.

But the popularity of these IP's also mean they'll be successful, at least initially, no matter what. This new streaming service isnt about quality control, its about keeping money in-house and getting back some of the revenue that Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services have stolen from cable and dish.

Pearlmutter....his involvement will depend on how the new service is structured; if its an outlet of the tv division, its likely Pearlmutter will have a hand in it. If it's spun out of another division, he wont have any more power over it than he does stuff like the movies.

We'll just have to wait and see how Disney builds the thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm not sure if Disney/Marvel can just ship the shows "as is", elsewhere. They're produced mainly via Netflix, right?

I really hope, whatever happens, we get more Matt, Foggy, and Karen. I've grown to kind of love both season, tbh.
    Well, like I've said, to my knowledge, all Netflix does is stream the shows. Marvel Television and ABC Studios are the ones who are in charge of ALL Marvel shows' productions (I think Legion and The Gifted might be the only ones not produced by ABC Studios, but they're still under Marvel Television jurisdiction). Then again, no one knows what kind of contract Disney set up with Netflix for the Marvel shows. If it was some sort of exclusive contract that allows Netflix and only Netflix to stream the shows, then yeah, it would be tricky to get them out of there. But knowing Disney, would they really give this kind of leverage to a rival company?
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-13-2017 at 02:56 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Thor was ok
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I loved Thor: Ragnarok. The only thing I hated about the movie was the absence of Sif. I hope she turns up later in a different movie.

Here is how I rank the 17 films of the MCU

1. Avengers
    2. Captain America: Civil War
    3. Iron Man
    4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    6. Thor: Ragnarok
    7. Doctor Strange
    8. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    9. Captain America: The First Avenger
    10. Guardians of the Galaxy
    11. Guardians of the Galaxy, Part 2
    12. Ant-Man
    13. Thor
    14. Incredible Hulk
    15. Iron Man 2
    16. Thor: Dark World
    17. Iron Man 3
    Good to see someone out there agrees with me that Age of Ultron is around the middle of the pack and not the worst thing ever like it seems to be said when i've read about it. That's a pretty good ranking in my opinion except the one thing i completely disagree with is the lower ranking of Guardians of the Galaxy and i'd rank Homecoming and Dr Strange lower and raise Ant-Man and Guardians up.

I'd probably go with a top 10 something like:

1. The Avengers
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 1
    3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    4. Iron Man
    5. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
    6. Ant-Man
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2
    8. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    9. Captain America: Civil War
    10. Captain America: The First Avenger

I haven't seen Thor: Ragnarok yet but i'm guessing it'll be on there somewhere.

Doctor Strange fell flat for me but i might need to re-watch it at some point. In Civil War, Captain America's obsession with Bucky was too much for me to where i'm convinced the underlying subtext of the movie was homoerotic as a romantic film involving Cap and Bucky and that's not what i'm looking for in a Civil War movie. I'm still more of a fan of the Raimi/Tobey Maguire Spider-Man than this new version although i do love Marisa Tomei as Aunt May. The first Captain Avenger just sneaks in due to the following movies, on it's own i wasn't too much of a fan but i think the entirety of all the movies made starring Captain America makes that first movie more enjoyable.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-14-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

David Harbour might make an interesting Ben Grimm; if Hellboy doesn't ruin makeup or mo-cap for him. he's 6'3 and from New York. not sure on Reed, but Bradley Cooper is the same age as David Harbour and hasn't appeared as a human actor in a Marvel film. Kate Winslet and Justin Timberlake to round out the cast.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-14-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Finally saw Thor 3

Pros Showing thor with some fighting skills finally
    A new take on Hulk
    Loki as usual

Cons
    Thought they would showcase Hela more
    A little too much humor

Overall 7/10

Easily on top 7 but behind

1. Captain America winter solider
    2. Iron man
    3. Avengers
    4. Civil war
    5 Thor 3
    6. GOTG
    7. Toss up Age of Ultron / Doc strange
    9. First avenger
    10. Thor
    11 IM 3
    12. Spider man
    13. Hulk
    14 GOTG2
    15 Ant Man
    16 IM 3
    17 Thor 2

Not a fan of MCU guardians the second went in a different direction than I expexted

loved Ragnarok. I wish that I saved that post of me wanting them to use 'Immigrant Song' for a Thor action sequence. thank you, Taika. and they made me like Tessa Thompson; real uphill battle, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It'll depend on who is behind it, I imagine.

If we get Perlmutter in charge of the streaming service Marvel offerings, expect more Inhumans type quality.

As for budget, who can say? Word is these shows will be cheaper than doing them through Netflix, which could mean more money getting dumped into the show's budget, or it could just mean Disney/Marvel keeping more cash in their pockets.
    Can we stop pretending Perlmutter is a cartoon villain. He is far too senior to have any impact upon the shows. He is a businessman who is responsible for one part of the Disney corporation. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have Marvel in the form we recognise today. The so called feud with Feige was a power grab and nothing more, and if anything Feige has overseen a reduction in quality in the MCU since he took the reigns without "interference".

Nothing that was reported about their "feud" was ever corroborated, and was mostly sensational gossip. Feige clearly wanted to stop having to take notes from a committee and make more streamlined decisions on the movies. He made a case that his record and experience on the movies, and their success, meant that having to listen to other comic and TV personnel was unnecessary and slow. Disney clearly agreed with him.

The lack of synergy between the MCU and the various TV outings is a result of this split. Feige has ring-fenced the movies and that has a negative impact upon the TV side of the business, now seen as a lesser sibling. That is not Perlmutter's doing. Both the TV and comic areas of the business have expressed frustration with the current situation, that allows the movies to effectively ride roughshod over the legacies of the characters we have been reading for decades.

Ragnarok is a case in point. The current arrangement allowed Waititi a huge amount of control over the finished product. Opinions will differ over this being good or bad, but clearly the director was able to undercut and totally ignore what had gone before, and ignore the comics totally. I can just imagine the notes Feige would have got from the old Creative Committee. They may have insisted upon a less comedic cut and an acknowledgement of the decades of Thor continuity. Would that have made for a better movie? Who knows, but let's be honest, the current movie is a glorious mess. Enjoyable but totally irreverent and undermining of its own script.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 11-15-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Can we stop pretending Perlmutter is a cartoon villain. He is far too senior to have any impact upon the shows. He is a businessman who is responsible for one part of the Disney corporation. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have Marvel in the form we recognise today. The so called feud with Feige was a power grab and nothing more, and if anything Feige has overseen a reduction in quality in the MCU since he took the reigns without "interference".

Nothing that was reported about their "feud" was ever corroborated, and was mostly sensational gossip. Feige clearly wanted to stop having to take notes from a committee and make more streamlined decisions on the movies. He made a case that his record and experience on the movies, and their success, meant that having to listen to other comic and TV personnel was unnecessary and slow. Disney clearly agreed with him.

The lack of synergy between the MCU and the various TV outings is a result of this split. Feige has ring-fenced the movies and that has a negative impact upon the TV side of the business, now seen as a lesser sibling. That is not Perlmutter's doing. Both the TV and comic areas of the business have expressed frustration with the current situation, that allows the movies to effectively ride roughshod over the legacies of the characters we have been reading for decades.

Ragnarok is a case in point. The current arrangement allowed Waititi a huge amount of control over the finished product. Opinions will differ over this being good or bad, but clearly the director was able to undercut and totally ignore what had gone before, and ignore the comics totally. I can just imagine the notes Feige would have got from the old Creative Committee. They may have insisted upon a less comedic cut and an acknowledgement of the decades of Thor continuity. Would that have made for a better movie? Who knows, but let's be honest, the current movie is a glorious mess. Enjoyable but totally irreverent and undermining of its own script.
    I loved Thor Ragnarok as need many others given it has out performed the past Thor films and I don't see it as a "Glorious Mess".

Two of the rumored issues that Feige had with Perlmutter was penny pinching and not wanting female or minority leads because he felt they would effect potential toy sales. Iron Man 3 case in point Maya was originally suppose to be the villain and she really had all the set up for it and Rebecca Hall has admitted she was hired to be the villain. Also Perlmutter's penny pinching is well known so honestly while we'll never know the full story I believe the rumors from what little we do know.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Im sorry, when did I describe Perlmutter as a cartoon villain?

Correct me if Im wrong here, but as I understand things he was the primary person pushing the Inhumans. And that's perhaps the first MCU product to get near-universal hate. If that's the kind of product he oversees when he's not saddled with a committee, then I would expect other products he has executive control over in this genre to be on roughly similar ground. He may not be involved in the day-to-day production process but he's the guy at the top of the food chain so good or bad, its on him. If his next product is amazing, I'll give him all due credit for that, too.

He's also well known for being against women and PoC getting equal screen time or leading roles. Taking the moral implications of that out of the equation it still shows a disconnection with modern social expectations.

I dont recall ever saying he was a villain, nor describing him as one. But judging by the Inhumans, which to my limited knowledge is the only Marvel product he's overseen "on his own" I think expecting more of the same from him is fairly logical.

The lack of synergy between the MCU and the various TV outings is a result of this split. Feige has ring-fenced the movies and that has a negative impact upon the TV side of the business, now seen as a lesser sibling. That is not Perlmutter's doing.
    This has been the case since SHIELD first aired. When did Perlmutter get kicked off the movies? It wasn't that long ago was it?

Ragnarok is a case in point. The current arrangement allowed Waititi a huge amount of control over the finished product. Opinions will differ over this being good or bad, but clearly the director was able to undercut and totally ignore what had gone before, and ignore the comics totally.
    I think a main point of Thor 3 was to ignore what had gone before, given the previous Thor films are among the weakest in the MCU. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't really comment on its quality. And the movies and tv shows have often ignored the comics completely as well. I dont believe Quake started her comics career as an Inhuman, for example.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

FYI, someone on Reddit is leaking Infinity War trailer/teaser footage right now as of writing. He’s uploading an image every frenzy minutes. I’m saving them so if his thread and posts gets pulled dow, I can upload them if anyone wants.

20 Savage Avengers VS Justice League Memes Only True Fans Will Understand

https://screenrant.com/the-avengers-...-memes-savage/

BANNED

So the Russo Brothers uploaded this to their facebook and instagram.
    So either 3 days until the IW trailer drops or it'll be on December 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TitanMax; 11-27-2017 at 01:37 PM.

maybe they have bought the rights to 3 of the Fantastic Four; sorry Johnny!