Page 186 of 228 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3417
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Bright was great, I dont know what all the bitching is about.

I think there were a lot of poor directions taken with Iron Fist, from treating Danny like an entitled idiot
    Why shouldn't he be?
    to not making the actor do any physical training
    They did. There just wasn't time to do a lot of it.
    ...to the budget being too small for what they were trying to do.
    That's less a poor decision and more a reality nobody could do much about.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    The problem with the Hulk movies (the Hulk is my favorite Marvel character btw) is that modern writers feel that they have to ignore so many fundamental aspects of the Hulk's mythos to make it work in a modern context: Gamma Base/Bomb, military espionage, Cold War paranoia, fear of radiation, etc. I'm just not a fan of tying in the Hulk's origin with the Super Soldier Serum. With a little work, the classic Hulk origin could work and I'll go to the grave believing that.
    I'm still bummed we haven't gotten to see Rick yet .

Aren't the Hulk's distribution rights still under Universal's control?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Aren't the Hulk's distribution rights still under Universal's control?
    As far as I know, that's still the case.

Which is why we're getting a Hulk storyline going through Ragnarok and the upcoming Avengers movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why shouldn't he be?
    Why would he be? He spent twenty years being beaten and trained, you'd expect the rich-boy entitlement to have been knocked out of him right? You'd expect these monks to instill a little humility in him, even if he is the guy who punched a dragon in the face. And he comes back to New York telling everyone what his title is like it's supposed to mean something to these people. He wasn't that young when his plane crashed, he should know that no one in New York knows or cares about the Hand or the Iron Fist or any of it.

I just think they handled the entire show roughly. I like the PTSD approach they went with. I'm fine with the idea that Danny hasn't mastered his abilities yet. But there's a lot of conflicting things here, and poor transitions, and Danny himself comes off as being far too selfish and foolish for my tastes.

They did. There just wasn't time to do a lot of it.
    I hope they make the time going forward then.

That's less a poor decision and more a reality nobody could do much about.
    I think they could have accounted better for their budget limitations. I know its a tough line to walk; the budget is small but they still gotta deal with Kun'lun and a dragon. But they half-assed both and the result was weak. Had they found a more creative way around the money it might've gone better.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Shang-chi might have been the more practical choice because he requires less special effects and he's more like a blank canvas. He's the kung fu cliche and his backstory is that his father is an international criminal mastermind so you could just make him a member of the Hand.

It would kill two birds with one stone because it allows you to flesh out the Hand and since he's a blank canvas you could mold him to suit that idea. Since they could be a terrorist group like Al-Qaeda and ISIS you could focus on "why would someone join a group like them and why would someone leave?" as the main theme.

Agent of SHIELD should pick this up and run with for a half season like they did with Ghost Rider.

I wish they had planned a little better for Iron Fist. Finn looks the part (or would if he were in better shape). I found the villains interesting enough.

Spectacular Member

Bought Tickets for Friday to see Black Panther...... I am so stoked for this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Shang-chi might have been the more practical choice because he requires less special effects and he's more like a blank canvas. He's the kung fu cliche and his backstory is that his father is an international criminal mastermind so you could just make him a member of the Hand.

It would kill two birds with one stone because it allows you to flesh out the Hand and since he's a blank canvas you could mold him to suit that idea. Since they could be a terrorist group like Al-Qaeda and ISIS you could focus on "why would someone join a group like them and why would someone leave?" as the main theme.

Agent of SHIELD should pick this up and run with for a half season like they did with Ghost Rider.
    Shang-Chi would've been an easier choice, that's for sure. But he lacks the connection to the other guys in Hell's Kitchen that these shows are built on. And yeah, they could take the blank slate that is Chi and work him in without much trouble, but there's a lot more material to borrow from with Danny.

In retrospect, perhaps they should've gone with Shang-Chi, but I can totally understand why they used Iron Fist.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Shang-Chi would've been an easier choice, that's for sure. But he lacks the connection to the other guys in Hell's Kitchen that these shows are built on.
    sounds right. but Danny's connection to the others was only there because they linked the Hand to Kunlun. otherwise, their paths wouldn't have crossed. neither Cage, Jones, or Murdock encountered Meachum. if they had made Madame Gao a "co-worker" or disciple of Shang's dad...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sounds right. but Danny's connection to the others was only there because they linked the Hand to Kunlun. otherwise, their paths wouldn't have crossed. neither Cage, Jones, or Murdock encountered Meachum. if they had made Madame Gao a "co-worker" or disciple of Shang's dad...
    Jeph loeb defended his reasoning by saying the 4 members all knew in each other in the comics. They ran in the same social circle.

Which doesnt exclude Shang but he doesn't really a specific dynamic with them like Iron fist does so i can understand that.

Iron fist would have been better off as a buffy/angel style show so thats why i recommend his next season being an urban fantasy.

Why would he be? He spent twenty years being beaten and trained, you'd expect the rich-boy entitlement to have been knocked out of him right? You'd expect these monks to instill a little humility in him, even if he is the guy who punched a dragon in the face. And he comes back to New York telling everyone what his title is like it's supposed to mean something to these people. He wasn't that young when his plane crashed, he should know that no one in New York knows or cares about the Hand or the Iron Fist or any of it.

I just think they handled the entire show roughly. I like the PTSD approach they went with. I'm fine with the idea that Danny hasn't mastered his abilities yet. But there's a lot of conflicting things here, and poor transitions, and Danny himself comes off as being far too selfish and foolish for my tastes.
    Without a doubt they could of executed a better reintegration to modern society for the Iron Fist, the more quiet and calculated ninja mystic and less of the naive oaf fresh from his hare krishna commune.
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-13-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Still feels like it's missing the sash...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I was actually thinking of Danny's dynamic with Cage, Jones, and Murdock.

But yeah, they could've worked Shang in there easily enough. I think it's pretty much just name recognition. Shang-Chi isn't a well known name even among nerd circles, but most of us have at least heard the name Iron Fist. For what little that's worth.

EDIT: That Captain Marvel pic, that's a fan edit right?

~ Black Panther.