Page 6 of 228 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

I always feel like I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk, especially given most of the MCU rankings here place it at the bottom of the list. I thought it was a solid Hulk solo, especially compared to the Ang Lee film.

Maybe it doesn't measure up well to the other MCU movie, and Ruffalo is a much better and more memorable as Banner, but I enjoyed it and I thought the cast did a fine job (especially Hurt as Ross). I was really psyched for a Hulk franchise to continue from there until the rights issues with Universal curtailed that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always feel like I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk, especially given most of the MCU rankings here place it at the bottom of the list. I thought it was a solid Hulk solo, especially compared to the Ang Lee film.

Maybe it doesn't measure up well to the other MCU movie, and Ruffalo is a much better and more memorable as Banner, but I enjoyed it and I thought the cast did a fine job (especially Hurt as Ross). I was really psyched for a Hulk franchise to continue from there until the rights issues with Universal curtailed that...
    For a while my favorite phase 1 movie was The Incredible Hulk. I love Samuel Sterns and I hope now that Fant4stic is done the actor can come back to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    For a while my favorite phase 1 movie was The Incredible Hulk. I love Samuel Sterns and I hope now that Fant4stic is done the actor can come back to the MCU.
    I would be totally down for seeing The Leader in the MCU .

The thing about MCU is that there is no true stinkers in the line up.

So while movies like IH and IM2 end up at the bottom, it doesnt lean the movies suck, just that its not as good as the others.

I just read an old mcu ranking list i did on my blog... and its already changed based on my recent watching of them all lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Good to hear somebody liked it.
    <Sidles away nodding politely, smiling as if contemplating things, but all the while placing distance between us.>

To be less tounge in cheek, the movie would have to have made a lot of cash. I don't think the MCU guys have total control of Hulk even now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Good to hear somebody liked it.
    <Sidles away nodding politely, smiling as if contemplating things, but all the while placing distance between us.>

To be less tounge in cheek, the movie would have to have made a lot of cash. I don't think the MCU guys have total control of Hulk even now.
    They dont. Any solo movie has to be partnered with Universal

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They dont. Any solo movie has to be partnered with Universal
    Thanks, I thought it was something like that. Suggests that they would need to share profits or strike a deal, not conducive to a trilogy unless it hulk-smashed at the box office.

Going by Ruffalo (and maybe Feige?), they're basically using other films to continue Hulk's story in the MCU without having to do a Hulk solo given the rights issue with Universal.

Which is part of why he's in Ragnarok, and that, combined with Infinity War, are supposedly going to equal a Hulk solo in terms of screentime and character development.

Going by Ruffalo (and maybe Feige?), they're basically using other films to continue Hulk's story in the MCU without having to do a Hulk solo given the rights issue with Universal.

Which is part of why he's in Ragnarok, and that, combined with Infinity War, are supposedly going to equal a Hulk solo in terms of screentime and character development.
    Well that could be interesting. BTW I actually liked the Ang Lee Hulk. Sure some of it was not good but I loved the style. The split screens and the comic book elements were very interesting. Ultimately not the way comic book movies would go, but a fascinating experiment.

The thing about MCU is that there is no true stinkers in the line up.

So while movies like IH and IM2 end up at the bottom, it doesnt lean the movies suck, just that its not as good as the others.
    Sorry, but imho IM2 & IM3 suck big time.

I'd have to say that the MCU as a whole for me is average at best. There's been a few highs (IM, CA:WS) while the rest have been meh to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Sorry, but imho IM2 & IM3 suck big time.

I'd have to say that the MCU as a whole for me is average at best. There's been a few highs (IM, CA:WS) while the rest have been meh to bad.
    There isnt a single objective measure that any of them "suck."

But, obviously people have different tastes in movies

There isnt a single objective measure that any of them "suck."

But, obviously people have different tastes in movies
    Thought it was pretty clear that the objective measure was my own opinion

You liked them, fine. Me, not so much.

BANNED

I'm still waiting on Captain Marvel casting...

Mighty Member

LOL. Opinions being, by definition, subjective rather than objective.

I actually prefer Iron Man 2 to Iron Man 3, personally.

I remember how hyped I was to see Iron Man and War Machine together in live-action, and Black Widow in the movies, and those action sequences at the end completely lived up to it .

I didn't even really mind the stuff setting up the rest of the MCU, which I recall was generally people's biggest problem with it.

Though I did wish they had gone into maybe a more in-depth "Demon in a Bottle" adaption. And brought in Bethany Cabe, because she's awesome .