Page 226 of 228 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jane-Thor especially has proven highly popular. I could easily see the MCU trying their hand at that story once Hemsworth steps back. It won't be with Portman, but they've recast bigger roles than Jane Foster. And it won't be with Mjolnir (unless Peter Dinklage re-forges it) but you can always write around it and find a new way in.
    I think the Captain Marvel movies will probably go for a lot of what they would probably do with a JaneThor movie.

Personally, I think the only thing it would accomplish to do a Jane Thor movie is to get to the major parts of the Thor mythos that the movies hadn't gotten to yet, like Balder and Enchantress.
    And it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to make either Stan or Mackie the new Captain America once Evans leaves. I dunno if they'll go there, and I won't be surprised if they don't, but it won't surprise me if they do. It's a viable option, yknow?
    Like with Thor I don't see us getting a new Cap immediately after Evans leaves. I think it's possible either way, but I agree it's equally viable that they might just forge their own paths with their identities (Bucky already has a new one to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Captain Marvel movies will probably go for a lot of what they would probably do with a JaneThor movie.
    Entirely possible. Carol is (should be) working in the same sphere as Jane-Thor, with that earth-cosmic fusion. But it would depend a lot on how they approach the characters. There's plenty of ways to spin either Carol or Jane differently than what we've seen in the comics. Jane could focus more on the mythological side of the franchise, and that alone would separate it considerably from Carol. But who knows? I mean, if they ever did do Jane's story, the movie would look radically different from the comic; in the films Odin is gone, the Warriors Three are gone, Freya is gone, Malekieth is gone, etc etc.

Like with Thor I don't see us getting a new Cap immediately after Evans leaves. I think it's possible either way, but I agree it's equally viable that they might just forge their own paths with their identities (Bucky already has a new one to boot).
    I wouldn't think it'd be a change they'd make quickly, if they make it at all. But I really have no idea, I couldn't begin to guess what the studio will do. But I could see it going either way; Cap and Thor are popular IP's and there are plenty of stories to be told with their respective legacies. The studio doesn't need those core IP's to be successful, but that doesn't mean they might not want to keep them around (in some form) anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nick Fury and Maria Hill will be in Spider-Man: Far From Home:
    https://superbromovies.com/2018/07/2...mpression=true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not all outrage sticks.

Fox simply didn't seem to care. He denied the allegations and since there was no smoking gun... waht can you do?

Gunn's "jokes" pale in comparison to Singers accusations... but Gunn's "jokes" are out there for all to see.
    The issue with Gunn is that he crossed a line on the public sphere that is mostly defered to Comedians and even then, if one of them made a career out of including around 10.000 pedophlia jokes, that person would be booed out of the stage sooner or later.

The kicker is that he`s not a comedian and lacks common sense and the Mouse doesn`t find the combination funny nor are they lacking money making properties.

BANNED

It's too bad about Gunn simply for the fact that I'm sure he really is a good guy and regrets the idiotic, tasteless jokes he made.

But...he did make them and no matter how nice a guy Gunn may be, defending pedophilia jokes is just not the hill that Disney wants to die on.

It's cool that the cast stands by him but I don't see Disney having a change of heart on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    The issue with Gunn is that he crossed a line on the public sphere that is mostly defered to Comedians and even then, if one of them made a career out of including around 10.000 pedophlia jokes, that person would be booed out of the stage sooner or later.

The kicker is that he`s not a comedian and lacks common sense and the Mouse doesn`t find the combination funny nor are they lacking money making properties.
    Just pop in here to say that he did not make 10000 pedo jokes. Only like 2 dozens or something (on various taboo topics) in total.

Here is a detailed rundown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...es_about_rape/
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 07-30-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's too bad about Gunn simply for the fact that I'm sure he really is a good guy and regrets the idiotic, tasteless jokes he made.

But...he did make them and no matter how nice a guy Gunn may be, defending pedophilia jokes is just not the hill that Disney wants to die on.

It's cool that the cast stands by him but I don't see Disney having a change of heart on this.
    Given how far this has gotten Disney has to say SOMETHING on the matter.

This certainly puts Guardians 3 in limbo for now unless Disney can come to some MIDDLE GROUND in all of this/ I still believe that there has to be a compromise in someway for everyone to be happy.

Because even though DInsey had every right to fire him and how quickly they did it, doesn’t fully make them the good guys in all of this.

There has to be some middle ground in all of this, right. ?

Ant-Man should have been released in the fall.

It's doing well, but I feel like coming out in July was a mistake.

I appreciated the small stakes, but I feel like after a run of Thor 3, BP, and IW... all of which ended up in my "best of the best" tier for comic movies... Ant-Man was enjoyable. I needed to see a mediocre Fox or DC movie in between to realize that, oh yeah, it is still good just not "holy ****" good.

It is telling that AM2 can come out to "its good MCU movie" type reviews and make what it did the opening weekend... meanwhile MI6 comes out to "holy **** balls its awesome!" reviews and still lags behind AM2 by like 20 million lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ant-Man should have been released in the fall.

It's doing well, but I feel like coming out in July was a mistake.

I appreciated the small stakes, but I feel like after a run of Thor 3, BP, and IW... all of which ended up in my "best of the best" tier for comic movies... Ant-Man was enjoyable. I needed to see a mediocre Fox or DC movie in between to realize that, oh yeah, it is still good just not "holy ****" good.

It is telling that AM2 can come out to "its good MCU movie" type reviews and make what it did the opening weekend... meanwhile MI6 comes out to "holy **** balls its awesome!" reviews and still lags behind AM2 by like 20 million lol
    People love superheroes. I don't say that lightly. And MCU just puts out easily way above average superhero flick like it's nothing.

And anyway, final numbers are all that matters. Homecoming's opening weekend was lower than both Ragnarok and Deadpool 2, and it still made more than both of those.

Astonishing Member

Ant-Man and the Wasp should have opened in September in a less crowded environment. Too many smaller hits taking away box office from the movie. Even the juggernaut Incredibles 2 took a lot of biz away not to mention the less but still strong Jurassic. Not even sure if Ant-Man will surpass Solo on the domestic front.

There will be an Ant-Man 3, but it won't come soon. 2022 will likely be when it will come out, and it won't be a summer release. Marvel has a February 22, 2002 date for a Phase Four film, and I think that Ant-Man 3 will be that one.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Anyone here checked out yet the new based Venom trailer? Not technically MCU, at least not yet, but still, this trailer looks much better than the first one.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Anyone here checked out yet the new based Venom trailer? Not technically MCU, at least not yet, but still, this trailer looks much better than the first one.
    This isn't the thread for Venom and that terrible CGI, cheesy trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    Here's what we're doing: all these characters are a part of the Marvel comic book universe. In that universe, they are all related to each other. Kevin [Feige] makes characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These characters are separate, except for Spidey, who belongs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is why he's there.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    There will be an Ant-Man 3, but it won't come soon. 2022 will likely be when it will come out, and it won't be a summer release. Marvel has a February 22, 2002 date for a Phase Four film, and I think that Ant-Man 3 will be that one.

With the merger, I don't know if we can 100% count on anything other than Spider-Man 2 and 3, Black Panther 2, and GoG3 at this point.