Page 96 of 228 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3417
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    As for Bale as Adam Warlock? Well, as long as no-one stands in his light I'm sure he'd be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Christian Bale works with auteur directors and Marvel Studio rarely hires them.
    I never considered those factors. Thanks for the feedback.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I actually think they have been very consistent.

- Kurse strength was just keeping with the comics.

- Thor can't use a lot of his powers if he is surrounded by people. Why is why I am hoping the gladiator arena allows him to unleash a good bit.

- I don't think Stark has fought any normal humans post IM1... he really only fought drones in IM2 and he was fighting extremis dudes in IM3. Avengers he seemed to mow down Chitauri and Ultron bots just fine

IM seems to be the only character that fluctuates though. Normal humans get wrecked by peak humans (bucky obliterating well... everyone but stalemates tchalla, T'challa punking Clint), peak humans got wrecked by Spider-Man (poor bucky), and Thor/Hulk are just on a whole other level.

IM floats between the peak humans and thor hulk just based on what armor he is in and how damaged that armor was. CW made it very clear i the final fight that his armor was damaged before he took both bcuk and cap on.
    MCU Spider-Man definitely reminds me of Roger Stern's Spidey from the 1980's. That is a great thing, IMO!

As far as Stark goes, the poor guy has unchecked PTSD. He gon' need some type of intervention, soon.

Mentoring Pete, and dating Aunt May might help.

Aunt May is hot now....damn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Kevin Feige say that he's not interested in pulling the mutants into the MCU anyway?

I agree with him. The mutants being hated and feared works really well when they're the only superhumans in the world, but it makes no sense when you've got aliens, gods, super soldiers and spider people running around, all of whom get a free pass and social acceptance. Plus the MCU already has the Inhumans for the "hated and feared" thing if Marvel wants to explore that route.

Let Fox keep the mutants, they're doing a decent job with them anyway. Not great, and they've got at least as many misses as hits (likely more but Im trying to be nice).

The Fantastic Four on the other hand I'd love to see back home with Marvel. I dont think it'll happen any time soon though. Fox seems determined to keep their hands on the property despite never making any real profit from it.
    Like you, I want the FF in the MCU.

I want to see the heroes playing cards with Ben Grimm.

A world filled with various super-powered beings, but only the mutants being stigmatized just shows the absurdity of bigotry.

Also, the mutants are terrible with PR. IIRC, Xavier admitted his lack of charisma during his televised debate with Bolivar Trask in the first Sentinel comic story back when Stan & Jack were on the book. Both Storm & Magneto missed out in huge opportunities to further the mutant cause (or just bad writing by the creative teams) when they held serious political power.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    A world filled with various super-powered beings, but only the mutants being stigmatized just shows the absurdity of bigotry.

Also, the mutants are terrible with PR. IIRC, Xavier admitted his lack of charisma during his televised debate with Bolivar Trask in the first Sentinel comic story back when Stan & Jack were on the book. Both Storm & Magneto missed out in huge opportunities to further the mutant cause (or just bad writing by the creative teams) when they held serious political power.
    I hope we never see the mutants in the MCU. It'd throw such a wrench into things.

I like the mutants way more than the Inhumans, but the Inhumans make more sense for being hated and feared in the wider MU/MCU. Insofar as any bigotry makes sense at least. They have their own nation and culture, they're part alien, and most of them look like monsters. Makes more sense for the small minded to fear and hate them than it does the small minded hating a random kid in New York who manifested mutation but is still ultimately a kid from NY, with all the social conformity and cultural views you'd expect.

Now, the Nuhumans, Im not sure how they fit into things (I dont really read any Inhumans books). They seem (thematically) more like mutants than Inhumans, with few of the typical Inhuman trappings and many of the same story hooks as a mutant.

Give me the FF in the MCU, if only because it would allow Marvel to use Doom. But the mutants can stay with Fox forever for all I care.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I hope we never see the mutants in the MCU. It'd throw such a wrench into things.

I like the mutants way more than the Inhumans, but the Inhumans make more sense for being hated and feared in the wider MU/MCU. Insofar as any bigotry makes sense at least. They have their own nation and culture, they're part alien, and most of them look like monsters. Makes more sense for the small minded to fear and hate them than it does the small minded hating a random kid in New York who manifested mutation but is still ultimately a kid from NY, with all the social conformity and cultural views you'd expect.

Now, the Nuhumans, Im not sure how they fit into things (I dont really read any Inhumans books). They seem (thematically) more like mutants than Inhumans, with few of the typical Inhuman trappings and many of the same story hooks as a mutant.

Give me the FF in the MCU, if only because it would allow Marvel to use Doom. But the mutants can stay with Fox forever for all I care.
    I would be surprised if we ever see the mutants in the MCU.

This means Black Panther needs a new love not named Storm.

I really want the FF in the MCU.

I want Reed front & center again.

To me, Reed is the Doctor Who of Marvel, the cosmic bogey man advanced alien races fear.

I want to see Ben's charisma finally shine (plus a fight with the Hulk), Johnny team up with Spider-Man (as a stand alone film), and Sue keeping her three knuckleheads in line.

Reed vs Doom should be the spandex version of the Doctor vs the Master.

Hell, I'd like to see the Frightful Four.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Idk if you guys have seen this already but I think it's pretty cool.

Ultimate Member

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Kevin Feige say that he's not interested in pulling the mutants into the MCU anyway?

I agree with him. The mutants being hated and feared works really well when they're the only superhumans in the world, but it makes no sense when you've got aliens, gods, super soldiers and spider people running around, all of whom get a free pass and social acceptance. Plus the MCU already has the Inhumans for the "hated and feared" thing if Marvel wants to explore that route.

Let Fox keep the mutants, they're doing a decent job with them anyway. Not great, and they've got at least as many misses as hits (likely more but Im trying to be nice).

The Fantastic Four on the other hand I'd love to see back home with Marvel. I dont think it'll happen any time soon though. Fox seems determined to keep their hands on the property despite never making any real profit from it.
    I just want to see Doctor Doom and Galactus as major MCU villains. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Has there been any news on when FF can return to Marvel? I mean Fox has botched them twice. I'm ok with them having the X-Men after seeing Logan but they have failed twice now with the Fantastic Four. And they would be a perfect fit into the MCU. And to see Dr. Doom done well would be awesome

Niffleheim

Fox has great plans for another FF movie :-)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Does anybody know what happened to Marvel's Empire of the Dead at AMC? Is this still happening?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Has there been any news on when FF can return to Marvel? I mean Fox has botched them twice. I'm ok with them having the X-Men after seeing Logan but they have failed twice now with the Fantastic Four. And they would be a perfect fit into the MCU. And to see Dr. Doom done well would be awesome
    Three times, actually. There was the original FF film in the....early 00's (?), the Silver Surfer sequel, and then the one from last year or 2015 or whenever it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Fox has great plans for another FF movie :-)
    That's what I hear.

I can see why Fox is reluctant to release the rights; comic movies are huge bank when they're successful and the FF is a strong license. But after this many years without a single film that could be called even partly successful, I have to wonder why they're still trying. Why not just double down on the X-Men (which they seem to maybe be doing anyway) or try to pick up the rights to another property? There's several great characters at Image who might be available (Invincible seems perfect), not to mention Dark Horse, Dynamite!, BOOM!.....hell, I'm sure Morrison would be willing to work with Fox to turn his Klaus mini into a film, and that'd be a perfect Christmas movie, with a superhero/folk lore mashup we haven't really seen in live action cinema yet. And we almost never see superhero movies that time of year so competition would be low.

At this point, holding onto the FF just seems to be a matter of spite. I mean, holding onto an IP so the competition can't use it is a common business practice, but how is Fox *not* losing money on this?

Unless they're holding onto the rights for tax deductions. Im sure every time the FF failed to make money Fox got a huge write-off on their tax forms.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

do you think the MCU is politically timely?

2008-IronMan: US war crimes scandal
    2012-Avengers: Rise of nationlism
    2013- IronMan 3: Terrorism
    2014-Guardians of the Galaxy: Refugee crisis
    2014-CA: Winter Soldier: Survillance
    2015- Avengers Age f Ultron: workforce replaced by IA

to name a few examples.

I wonder if this is why it is more popular than other franchises.

Three times, actually. There was the original FF film in the....early 00's (?), the Silver Surfer sequel, and then the one from last year or 2015 or whenever it came out.

That's what I hear.

I can see why Fox is reluctant to release the rights; comic movies are huge bank when they're successful and the FF is a strong license. But after this many years without a single film that could be called even partly successful, I have to wonder why they're still trying. Why not just double down on the X-Men (which they seem to maybe be doing anyway) or try to pick up the rights to another property? There's several great characters at Image who might be available (Invincible seems perfect), not to mention Dark Horse, Dynamite!, BOOM!.....hell, I'm sure Morrison would be willing to work with Fox to turn his Klaus mini into a film, and that'd be a perfect Christmas movie, with a superhero/folk lore mashup we haven't really seen in live action cinema yet. And we almost never see superhero movies that time of year so competition would be low.

At this point, holding onto the FF just seems to be a matter of spite. I mean, holding onto an IP so the competition can't use it is a common business practice, but how is Fox *not* losing money on this?

Unless they're holding onto the rights for tax deductions. Im sure every time the FF failed to make money Fox got a huge write-off on their tax forms.
    Oh yea.. completely forgot about that Silver Surfer. I've never even seen it and from what I hear, I probably shouldn't lol

Yeah that really is frustrating. Although ever since Feige got autonomy from Ike, it seems like Disney and Fox have been getting along a lot better. They exchanged characters for Guardians and Deadpool and are co-producing multiple live action series. I think things are looking slightly better on that front

Quote Originally Posted by 2cats View Post

to name a few examples.

Eh I think you might be reading too much into it there lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Oh yea.. completely forgot about that Silver Surfer. I've never even seen it and from what I hear, I probably shouldn't lol

For me, Rise of the Silver Surfer was enjoyable. It's not great or anything special, but I'd say it's definitely better than it's predecessor. Johnny Storm and Silver Surfer are stand out characters and performances. The Thing is entertaining enough and Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman are okay-ish. Doom does some Doom-y(??) things.

Galactus was a massive disappointment. But you have to understand that special effects of that time probably couldn't bring Galactus to life, and the budget was probably relatively low.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cats View Post

to name a few examples.

I will give you IM3 (which is actually hella deep and scary lol) and Winter Soldier (ditto)... but the others are a super reach lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html