Page 193 of 228 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are these baed on anything?
    Just my observations. Here's the table again, now with rationales:

CHARACTER ODDS OF SURVIVING THANOS
    Tony Stark (Iron Man) 1:200 Explained in original post.
    Steve Rogers (Captain America) 1:50 Explained in original post.
    Bruce Banner (The Hulk) 100:1 Hulk's death would have very little long term impact and would feel cheap, like they killed him because he doesn't have a franchise.
    Thor Odinson 100:1 Same deal as Hulk, plus they just had a very successful Thor movie with the still young and relatively cheap Chris Hemsworth, who is likely to milk Thor as long as he can.
    Natasha Romanov (Black Widow) 10:1 Death would feel important, and ScarJo may be bored of the character but seems unlikely due to paucity of female characters.
    Clint Barton (Hawkeye) 5:1 Clint's death would have very little long term impact and would feel cheap, but he is very disposable.
    James Rhodes (War Machine) 5:1 Rhodey's death would have very little long term impact and would feel cheap, but he is very disposable.
    Sam Wilson (The Falcon) 10:1 Seems very unlikely, given the the paucity of black characters and his importance to the Captain America mythology.
    Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) 100:1 Wanda has way too much further story potential to kill her off.
    The Vision 10,000:1 The entire concept of Thanos assembling the Gauntlet practically demands Vision die, therefore Vision can not possibly die. It'd be way, way too obvious.
    James Barnes (The Winter Soldier) 100:1 The future of the Captain America franchise probably rests of his shoulders, so he likely won't die.
    Scott Lang (Ant-Man) 500:1 He has a movie coming out after IW. It could be set before IW, but I doubt they'd release a movie about a hero they just killed.
    Peter Parker (Spider-Man) 1,000,000,000:1 HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH! As if! Literally only over Sony's dead body do they kill Cashcow-Man.
    T'Challa (Black Panther) 1,000,000:1 You don't kill the most popular black superhero ever in the most successful superhero movie ever. Not until you've milked him for several sequels.
    Shuri 1,000,000:1 Would literally cause the internet to riot.
    Any Named Dore Milaje 1:5 Because Red Shirts are born to die.
    M'Baku 1:100 Because his character won't be terribly missed, he could go down heroic, and it would solve the "nobody wants him to become a villain but he's got nowhere to develop as a character" problem.
    Gamora 100:1 Would make GOTG3...complicated.
    Rocket Raccoon 100:1 This would be commercial suicide.
    Groot 1,000:1 Would be utterly meaningless since audience thinks he's effectively immortal, also a cash cow.
    Drax (the Destroyer) 1:4 Dying in one-on-one combat with Thanos would be ultimate character end. Most disposable Guardian.
    Mantis 100:1 Death would be way less meaningful than Drax, and you don't kill both your comedic relief characters in one go.
    Nebula 1:1 Would really, really make sense with the character's arc.

New Infinity War promo art from their Twitter, featuring Thanos and the Black Order:

Apparently Thanos is going to have a sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    New Infinity War promo art from their Twitter, featuring Thanos and the Black Order:

Apparently Thanos is going to have a sword.
    Seems to be part of whatshername's weapon rather than something Thanos is holding in his non-existent right hand/

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Seems to be part of whatshername's weapon rather than something Thanos is holding in his non-existent right hand/
    Maybe Cull Obsidian's/Black Dwarf's weapon? I thought it was part of a ship actually.

Yeah, if you look at it it kind of seems like the sword is going through Thanos' hand so I assume it's a ship of some kind.

BANNED

is Thor's eye lighting up in the new hot toy spoiler for Thor, proof that he is gonna get the odin force in Infinity War

or is it just his lightning ablities

Watching Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron as part of my MCU Watch-through tonight.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    is Thor's eye lighting up in the new hot toy spoiler for Thor, proof that he is gonna get the odin force in Infinity War

or is it just his lightning ablities
    Pretty sure its just his lightning.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thor ended up with the Odin force and became King (at some point, if not Infinity War), but I haven't seen Thor 3 yet (just a few more days till blu-ray!) so I can't speak with any degree of confidence.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My predictions for future MCU films:

May 1- GOTG3
    July 31- Black Widow
    November 6- Doctor Strange 2

May 7- Spider-Man 3
    July 31- Ant-Man 3
    November 6- Thor 4

February 18- Black Panther 2
    May 6- Avengers 5
    July 29- Captain Marvel 2

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    My predictions for future MCU films:

May 1- GOTG3
    July 31- Black Widow
    November 6- Doctor Strange 2

May 7- Spider-Man 3
    July 31- Ant-Man 3
    November 6- Thor 4

February 18- Black Panther 2
    May 6- Avengers 5
    July 29- Captain Marvel 2
    Black panther is about to hit 1 billion dollars World wide, probably by this time next week or. His first Solo movie... No way Marvel would wait 4 years for his sequel with this much success behind his movie

I just hope we get a good Nova film in the near-ish future. Richard Rider on the big screen is something I've wanted to see since DnA made him the coolest character in Marvel cosmic.

Sam Alexander can come along for the ride too if he has to.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Twenty character posters for Infinity War
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...acter-posters/

Are these the top twenty characters for the film?

Okay guys, quick question.

It's been my theory for a while that Thanos would stop at Xanadar to claim the power Stone while on his way to earth. Makes sense right? Earth has several Stones currently, and we're a tiny, out of the way planet far from the galactic core. So Thanos would swing by Knowhere and Xanadar and grab those Stones first to even the odds, before coming to earth for the rest. He's a badass sure, but why wouldn't he want as many Stones in his hand as possible before taking on the rest?

So we know in the Infinity War trailer he's got what appears to be the power Stone, kept safe on Xanadar since GotG. And he's got the space Stone, presumably from Loki.

But what about the others that were off-world? The Collector still had the power Stone, as I recall. Is there a good reason for Thanos to leave that one with the Collector on Knowhere when he's getting ready to attack earth, which has like, four of the damn things or something?

~ Black Panther.

So, now that Thor 3 is on blu-ray I finally got to see it.

Lots of fun, and I really enjoyed the hell out of it, but I totally get where the people are coming from when they say it was *too* light-hearted and the truly dramatic moments didn't get a chance to resonate and matter.

Too many jokes, or rather, jokes when there shouldn't have been any. But other than that my gods it was a fun film and I loved all the Kirby influences. Makes me really want a good New Gods movie (which means DC needs to let Marvel make it)

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I thought Jessica Jones fans may enjoy this MCU tie-in a bit: https://www.cbr.com/jessica-jones-civil-war-connection/